ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Hi to Suzanne and Isabella!!
Jaz Beach, Budva, Montenegro - 9th July 2007
© Vijesti with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birhtday Telecaster Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
3rd July 2007 12:37 PM
Saint Sway Pug,
Do all of us and yourself a favor and spare us with the success spiel already. Its nauseating enough when JB does it. But its just sad and pathetic when a fat suburban salesman does it.
3rd July 2007 12:54 PM
gypsy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Pug,
Do all of us and yourself a favor and spare us with the success spiel already. Its nauseating enough when JB does it. But its just sad and pathetic when a fat suburban salesman does it.

Nobody likes you.
3rd July 2007 01:30 PM
Poplar
most controversial bday thread ever.

have a good one tele.
3rd July 2007 01:32 PM
Starbuck pug...

i hope all this negativity wasn't brought on by my defeating the voodoopugs in the recent "voodoopugs vs whatever the hell starbuck's beatle tribute is called" battle of the bands...please do not take it personally. we tribute artists must stick together.
3rd July 2007 02:04 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I must be the only one not shocked by Tele's actions.

it was typical of his ilk
3rd July 2007 02:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
pug...

i hope all this negativity wasn't brought on by my defeating the voodoopugs in the recent "voodoopugs vs whatever the hell starbuck's beatle tribute is called" battle of the bands...please do not take it personally. we tribute artists must stick together.

It was a close vote! We must band together.....You are a resident favorite at the Couch and lets be honest...I wasnt going to win any popularity contests over there. I graciously raise your hand in victory! We shall meet again one day my young friend.
3rd July 2007 02:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Nobody likes you.

I love you Gypsy!
3rd July 2007 02:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Pug,

Today I have signed the contracts for a team of contractors to design and install a cedar deck (matching the kids two tiered swing set) in my back yard so I may overlook the wilderness park and pond behind my house. We will probably sell this house in 3 years though as the market will rise again as predicted. As a whole business is up pretty significantly this year with particular growth noted in curriculum based kit development.
3rd July 2007 03:14 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Today I have signed the contracts for a team of contractors to design and install a cedar deck (matching the kids two tiered swing set) in my back yard so I may overlook the wilderness park and pond behind my house. We will probably sell this house in 3 years though as the market will rise again as predicted. As a whole business is up pretty significantly this year with particular growth noted in curriculum based kit development.

He's jealous, pug - don't take it personal. Save your breath, we know better
3rd July 2007 03:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

He's jealous, pug - don't take it personal. Save your breath, we know better

It pains me to say this Parmy.....but your Cubbies look like they are getting it on track, whilst our white sox are having dificulty even re-signing one of the better Lefties in the game who is willing to give a substantial hometown discount!

Luckily, the Cubs were slaughtered on Saturday as a few friends and I rented a rooftop on Sheffield to enjoy the game from!
3rd July 2007 03:34 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Did JB type this?...

Actually that's Pug's best smackdown in quite awhile!
3rd July 2007 03:36 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Many of us seen it coming, but there were others who were sucked into his world of fantasy
[Edited by voodoopug]

His world of fantasy? No one was suckered into anything. The guy suggested a restaurant; we went; he elected to skip out w/o paying. He'd always been a good poster. I feel bad that anyone's life is that crappy that they do stuff like that. It's beyond my understanding. But no, no one got suckered in by him.
3rd July 2007 03:41 PM
Starbuck
quote:
He'd always been a good poster.

did you really say that?

(did he really say that?!)

tele's posts were as ghey as katie couric on the evening news and lance bass combined. i didn't hate the guy, mind you, but damn, he wrote some stinkers!
3rd July 2007 03:43 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
His world of fantasy? No one was suckered into anything. The guy suggested a restaurant; we went; he elected to skip out w/o paying. He'd always been a good poster. I feel bad that anyone's life is that crappy that they do stuff like that. It's beyond my understanding. But no, no one got suckered in by him.

Oh ignore that talk...there are some here who are just jealous that you actually leave your home and can afford to summit if you choose...they, because they are just genuinely nasty human beings, take glee in the fact that Tele took your money...actually, I shouldn't say "they"...it's just one or two people...every other person seems normal and able to appreciate the situation and the events that transpired...the only fool in what happened is Tele...and this talk of "I saw it coming" is comical...for God's sake, if someone "saw it coming", why then did they not say something?...I mean unless they're just a vile human being...
3rd July 2007 03:45 PM
Starbuck hey sean...what's the scouting report on the new riders of the purple sage these days? i heard "glendale train" the other day...great song!
3rd July 2007 03:48 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
He'd always been a good poster.

I went out of my way to make peace with him b/c it served the interest of the board, and a few times before the Chi-town incident, I found myself just avoiding his debates, they were just attack rants filled with venom.
3rd July 2007 03:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:

I tend to think he had this planned out in advance, because away from the board, we mostly are very good people and a simple "I'm real sorry, times are bad" as many have suggested would have left a sour taste in many mouths, but all would have been forgiven. I don't think Tele ever had that in his mind. Morton's is a restaruant that is expensive enough that I only go there maybe two or three times a year for special occasions (company holiday party, anniversary, wife's bd, etc) and eating there is a treat. Before I started earning a nice living, I would never have been able to eat there and would have loved have some one take me there (albeit not by hook or crook).

I don't blame your group by any means, as we, as a whole, give each other the benefit of the doubt. I am just suggesting that he planned this out and I recall a few were suspicious of him when he always "no showed" previous events when the Stones came into town.
3rd July 2007 03:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I tend to think he had this planned out in advance, because away from the board, we mostly are very good people and a simple "I'm real sorry, times are bad" as many have suggested would have left a sour taste in many mouths, but all would have been forgiven. I don't think Tele ever had that in his mind. Morton's is a restaruant that is expensive enough that I only go there maybe two or three times a year for special occasions (company holiday party, anniversary, wife's bd, etc) and eating there is a treat. Before I started earning a nice living, I would never have been able to eat there and would have loved have some one take me there (albeit not by hook or crook).

I don't blame your group by any means, as we, as a whole, give each other the benefit of the doubt. I am just suggesting that he planned this out and I recall a few were suspicious of him when he always "no showed" previous events when the Stones came into town.

Note: His previous "no shows" were in no way indicitave of his plans to stick some other fans with a bill, it was just a demonstration in the "hindsight 20-20" theory that there were clues, none of us seen it getting to this. Whilst I was not in the group having dinner/drinks/etc, I shook the mans hand and told him it was my pleasure to meet him....words I wish I could take back now.
3rd July 2007 03:54 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
hey sean...what's the scouting report on the new riders of the purple sage these days? i heard "glendale train" the other day...great song!

I used to love those guys. "Henry" is a classic too. In fact, that entire album is pretty good.
3rd July 2007 03:55 PM
glencar For the record, I didn't lose any money. Still, it was humiliating asking that idiot for his portion of the bill. And he was a good poster. I'm not talking about politics alone. He had good insight into the Stones. And I don't think he "set it up" to scam people. I think he had HOOOOOGE problems & he didn't expect that we wouldn't treat him to a sumptious meal just for being...well, him!
3rd July 2007 03:57 PM
glencar Puggy, don't quote yerself & then applaud the previous post. That's like playing in a cover band that ahs to cover the bar...
3rd July 2007 04:01 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Puggy, don't quote yerself & then applaud the previous post. That's like playing in a cover band that ahs to cover the bar...

3rd July 2007 04:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Puggy, don't quote yerself & then applaud the previous post. That's like playing in a cover band that ahs to cover the bar...

It was a great post, do not let it distract your packing, make sure to include sunscreen and a copy of Timeless Europe '73
3rd July 2007 04:09 PM
gypsy
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

did you really say that?

(did he really say that?!)

tele's posts were as ghey as katie couric on the evening news and lance bass combined. i didn't hate the guy, mind you, but damn, he wrote some stinkers!

Yep. He really did say that.
Consider the source...glencarp.
3rd July 2007 04:11 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
For the record, I didn't lose any money. Still, it was humiliating asking that idiot for his portion of the bill. And he was a good poster. I'm not talking about politics alone. He had good insight into the Stones. And I don't think he "set it up" to scam people. I think he had HOOOOOGE problems & he didn't expect that we wouldn't treat him to a sumptious meal just for being...well, him!

But you were angry when he didn't put out after the free meal, correct?
3rd July 2007 04:12 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yep. He really did say that.
Consider the source...glencarp.

Speaking of grifters...Oh could I tell you some stories about this gal
3rd July 2007 04:16 PM
pdog Will you guys promise me, that in the event of my early death, my eulogy thread won't have this fighting.... I need to know this now, or I'll die worrying!!!
3rd July 2007 04:18 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Speaking of grifters...Oh could I tell you some stories about this gal

Do tell. I'd like to know too.
3rd July 2007 04:24 PM
gypsy Well? I'm awaiting your reply, nerdboy.
3rd July 2007 04:27 PM
pdog Across the internet, thousands have buckled up, are sitting back and waiting to see what happens next!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)