ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Hi to Suzanne and Isabella!!
Jaz Beach, Budva, Montenegro - 9th July 2007
© Vijesti with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pink Floyd reunion Return to archive
29th June 2007 08:14 PM
mojoman word in the underworld has them touring after the zep tour
29th June 2007 08:28 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:
word in the underworld has them touring after the zep tour

That was the rumor in 1984... after The Stones tour of 84, of course!
29th June 2007 09:26 PM
Gimme Shelter I actually hope it happens
29th June 2007 09:37 PM
pdog I saw Roger Waters a week or so ago, it was good enough, and I don't think Gilmour would've improved the band...
30th June 2007 11:44 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
pdog wrote:
I saw Roger Waters a week or so ago, it was good enough, and I don't think Gilmour would've improved the band...

I agree somewhat. Snowy White was playing with Roger's band, and he also was the second guitar on the 77 tour. It is true though that Roger needed 3 guitarists to replicate David's parts! Roger has had no problem finding good guitarists for his solo albums (Clapton and Jeff Beck, for example)- however, I think that Rick Wright's contributions to the Pink Floyd sound are highly underrated, and I would love to see the whole band together again for that reason only.
30th June 2007 12:52 PM
KennedyLW I'd love to see a Floyd reunion, just to have a chance to see them finally.

I also saw Roger just recently and can't imagine Floyd being any improvement over that show. I've seen Floyd (minus Roger) a couple of times, and can objectively say they need him a lot more than he needs them.
30th June 2007 01:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot There can be no Pink Floyd reunion.

Syd is dead. He was the entire reason that The Pink Floyd existed. Syd's songs are what brought them out of obscurity.

I don't care much for the band after Syd's meltdown. So as far as I'm concerned, there can be no real Floyd reunion.

I will say this though...I have a friend who is fighting his SEVENTH bout with cancer. He is the biggest Floydhead that I know. If this reunion comes off...I will get the best seats possible, and make sure he see's one of those shows. I will carry him in if he can't walk the whole way. That guy is one of the toughest, bravest people that I know. The least I can do for him, is to get him to a Pink Floyd show.
30th June 2007 01:32 PM
fireontheplatter other than seeing the occasinal bar band every now and then...there are only 2-3 bands i will shell out bucks for..and floyd is one of them.

if they play anything like they did at the live 8 show, i'm all over it.
30th June 2007 06:11 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
I saw Roger Waters a week or so ago, it was good enough, and I don't think Gilmour would've improved the band...

Roger Waters performed in front of 16K at THE QWEST CENTER last evening . Word !

30th June 2007 06:13 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

Roger Waters performed in front of 16K at THE QWEST CENTER last evening . Word !

he was in philly a few weeks back. i swear i saw a pig fly
30th June 2007 06:14 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mojoman wrote:

he was in philly a few weeks back. i swear i saw a pig fly

did you cut it into little pieces?
30th June 2007 06:15 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

Did you go?
30th June 2007 06:19 PM
mojoman
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

did you cut it into little pieces?

one of these days....
30th June 2007 11:39 PM
BabiKeef I really hope they get all back together and tour!!
1st July 2007 12:18 AM
mrhipfl besides a few songs, I always thought of Pink Floyd as a bore. I think I'm lacking the patience to enjoy the majority of their songs.

or the drugs...
1st July 2007 05:08 AM
Zack Not going to happen. Word.
1st July 2007 07:10 AM
Mr Jurkka It gotta happen! One really big massive world tour would be good. Syd left the band long time a go so why would it stop pink floyd touring?
1st July 2007 12:56 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
Joey wrote: Roger Waters performed in front of 16K at THE QWEST CENTER last evening . Word !

Waters called the Qwest Center audience "the best they've had in North America this tour". Another good show in Omaha'd.
1st July 2007 12:59 PM
mojoman everybody in the audience was so high they were floating
1st July 2007 01:13 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
mojoman wrote:
everybody in the audience was so high they were floating

No question the crowd had saved back some of the skunkiest for this one.
1st July 2007 07:41 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

Did you go?

No.
1st July 2007 07:44 PM
Joey
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:

Waters called the Qwest Center audience "the best they've had in North America this tour". Another good show in Omaha'd.

Damn Straight My Nebraska Brother .

..... artistes' EVERYWHERE love to perform at THE QWEST CENTER ! ( These guys are on their cell phones to each other all the time mentioning what venues are ' happening ' and which ones suck ) . Word .

|
|
V

www.QWESTCENTER.com

1st July 2007 08:51 PM
TomL He will never unite. He is Floyd. I have always prefered seeing him compaired to the so called Floyd. Word.
2nd July 2007 10:31 AM
Joey
quote:
TomL wrote:
He will never unite. He is Floyd. I have always prefered seeing him compaired to the so called Floyd. Word.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2nd July 2007 10:15 PM
TomL Word brother. That kitty cat is cool.
2nd July 2007 10:19 PM
Dan Pink Floyd '94 was boring. Roger Waters 2006 wasn't all that interesting either. Don't think I would risk the big bucks to see if the two of them together would be any better. What they really need to do is bring back the laserium show to the observatory then maybe everyone will stop clamoring for a reunion that isn't going to happen.
3rd July 2007 05:11 PM
purrcafe I'm with you 100%. Best of luck to your friend though.

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
There can be no Pink Floyd reunion.

Syd is dead. He was the entire reason that The Pink Floyd existed. Syd's songs are what brought them out of obscurity.

I don't care much for the band after Syd's meltdown. So as far as I'm concerned, there can be no real Floyd reunion.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)