ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Hi to Suzanne and Isabella!!
Jaz Beach, Budva, Montenegro - 9th July 2007
© Vijesti with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ian Mclagan Talks "The Faces" Reunion Return to archive
29th June 2007 07:47 PM
LoveinVainRonnie This is from a radio interview with Ian McLagan, June 24th 2007:
Audio File of Ian talking about Faces:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0gsyq7

Transcript:

Radio host: "How about Rod Stewart, do you keep in touch with Rod?

Ian McLagan: "I haven't spoke to him for a while, but actually, I got
word just recently that he IS serious about doing a Faces tour. I hope
it's true."

Radio host: "Wow, that would be amazing..."

Ian McLagan: "It would be VERY amazing. Mind you, he's said it before,
but it sounds like he means it this time. And if he does, I'm in, so
is Ronnie (Wood) and so is Kenney (Jones)."

Radio host: "Yeah, well, maybe the timing is right, 'cause he's got
these cover albums he's done, he just got married and, y'know, maybe
the timing's right..."

Ian McLagan: "Maybe he wants to rock out."

Radio host: "Absolutely! "

Personally I doubt it will happen. There have been many rumors, and times Rod has said he would like to. Also Rod has said he wouldn't do it or that Ronnie Lane was the heart of the band and it wouldn't be worth doing.

Has he truly had a change of heart this time?

[Edited by LoveinVainRonnie]
29th June 2007 07:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It'll be great to have such a comeback, after those four albums of ballads the boy must rock... Wondering who will be playing the bass, one (Ronnie Lane) is dead and the other (Tetsu Yamauchi) gone. Small Faces and Faces were great bands!
29th June 2007 08:02 PM
LoveinVainRonnie
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
It'll be great to have such a comeback, after those four albums of ballads the boy must rock... Wondering who will be playing the bass, one (Ronnie Lane) is dead and the other (Tetsu Yamauchi) gone. Small Faces and Faces were great bands!

Yeah. I mean Rod always wanted to do the standards, but I was well over it after the first or second cd of them. Basically they only did any after the first one due to money and success. The Soft Rock Covers were something a bit better, but nothing as good as an original album.

Last year Rod said Bono and his peers have been bugging him to write a new cd. He said writing is like being in school for him...Personally a Faces reunion would be the next best thing to a original cd from Rod. I'd kill personally for a Rod/Wood album.
29th June 2007 08:22 PM
mojoman faces reunion? is this before or after the zep re-union. who's the bigger ass rob or rod?
29th June 2007 08:31 PM
LoveinVainRonnie
quote:
mojoman wrote:
faces reunion? is this before or after the zep re-union. who's the bigger ass rob or rod?

I don't know, but I've been hearing about this reunion for at least 5 years.
29th June 2007 08:31 PM
pdog Mike Watt is real good a filling in for dead or last bass players....
29th June 2007 08:52 PM
72Tele I dont think that there is any great demand from the public to see the Faces. Dont get me wrong I love them and would consider seeing them but they were never really that popular to begin with. Rods core audience of say the last twenty-five years or so dont know the Faces from the Feet. Ronnie has a small or no following and ian Mclagen even far less. So where are the big bucks going to be coming from. why would Rod want to split a smaller pot four ways, when on his own he could sell more tickets? Zepplin could do it easy. It would be all about nostalgia but they could sell some tickets.
29th June 2007 09:13 PM
LoveinVainRonnie True, I think the reunion would be a show in NY, LA, and somewhere in England. I don't think it would be a full blown tour.
29th June 2007 09:27 PM
glencar Works for me!
29th June 2007 10:59 PM
Lethargy I say Keith Richards is a fine bassist - you've heard his work on Live With Me and with the Dirty Mac - and would fit in fine with the reunited Faces!

quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
It'll be great to have such a comeback, after those four albums of ballads the boy must rock... Wondering who will be playing the bass, one (Ronnie Lane) is dead and the other (Tetsu Yamauchi) gone. Small Faces and Faces were great bands!

30th June 2007 12:25 AM
duck http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Ph8RYZWFwU
30th June 2007 11:51 AM
ohnonot youagain I dont think the Faces reunion would sell good. No demand now. Zep which won't happen would sell out.
1st July 2007 08:01 AM
Jumacfly If the Faces are looking for a bass player please tell them I m free!
1st July 2007 05:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
If the Faces are looking for a bass player please tell them I m free!

Baby Juma .............................

What we drinking ?!

Baby Joe
2nd July 2007 04:54 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Joey wrote:

Baby Juma .............................

What we drinking ?!

Baby Joe

what about the classics Joey??
Hey tonight I score weed, which album do you recommend to get high Baby??
2nd July 2007 10:51 AM
voodoopug
quote:
ohnonot youagain wrote:
I dont think the Faces reunion would sell good. No demand now. Zep which won't happen would sell out.

That post is almost overflowing with accuracy. I agree.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)