ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [THE ROLLING STONES] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: In case there was any doubt Return to archive
07-01-02 10:24 AM
nankerphelge IORR is reporting that the title of the CD set and tour is "War Horses"
07-01-02 10:27 AM
Honky Tonk Man Warhorses is a great title for a cd, but i cant see it working as the name of the tour. It may give people an impression its going to be a greatest hits tour.
07-01-02 10:50 AM
T&A I kind of like it - it has a double-entendre, both referring to the songs themselves and to the band members.

07-01-02 11:23 AM
TomL If the new cd has only two new songs it will be a greatest hits tour. They have so much material to mix it up. Hope some of us get to hear some gems and songs we have never heard before. Along with ones we have not heard in awhile. On with the show.
07-01-02 11:48 AM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
IORR is reporting that the title of the CD set and tour is "War Horses"

I like it. Like the blimp, it has a little bit of a Spinal Tap edge to it, but works better the more you think about it.

The best thing is that I can see some great graphics going with it - the Four Riders of the Apocalypse spring to mind. That's SCARY in a way, because if Mick Jagger getting knighted isn't a sign of the END TIMES I don't know WHAT is, but if the world MUST come to an end an accompanying Stones tour is a MUST.

As long as the theater shows DON'T consist entirely of warhorses, I'm way cool with it.
07-01-02 03:18 PM
Boomhauer It is a greatest hits tour because a greatest hits album is what they are touring behind.

BTW, ya think they're gonna put up some huge inflatable horses up on the stage? lol

I also think that "War Horses" is a cool name because it's unique. All bands that put out these greatest hits albums usually use the titles "Best Of", "Greatest Hits", etc. This is something different, and I think it's pretty cool.
07-01-02 03:23 PM
CS
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
It is a greatest hits tour because a greatest hits album is what they are touring behind.

I see it like a 40th anniversary tour! Who else can do it?
07-01-02 03:27 PM
mattb I don't know when it became the rule that tours had to have an album behind them and vice versa.
07-01-02 03:27 PM
sandrew Hasn't this rumour been thoroughly discredited? Why is it so persistent?
07-01-02 05:50 PM
Joey 'Hasn't this rumour been thoroughly discredited? Why is it so persistent?'

************Sigh *******

You're so analytical ..........sometimes you just have to let art flow over you .

Clubby !

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road