ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [THE ROLLING STONES] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: uhhhhhhh, hmmm? Return to archive
06-30-02 01:22 AM
Boomhauer Well, I'm pretty sure that some of you have seen how many ideas and info people have on what may or will be released music wise from the Stones.

There is also this statement about how a box-set released now with tons of music would not be a reasonable thing to do in front of the Greatest hits because it wouldn't make money from fans that are the the "die-hard" ones.

Well, I wanted everybody's opinion on this. Do you think that it will make a difference in the number of people who would buy the greatest hits and who would buy the box-set? Personally, I think that maybe, just maybe the greatest hits collection may do pretty well on the charts. I definitely hope they release a box-set not long after they release the greatest hits.

Hell, somebody here said that the release date of the GH album will be 10-1-02, but I'm not so sure. If they don't put the GH's out before the tour, maybe they'll put two things out. They already know what the market will be, so why not?
06-30-02 01:25 AM
Boomhauer I said:
"There is also this statement about how a box-set released now with tons of music would not be a reasonable thing to do in front of the Greatest hits because it wouldn't make money from fans that are the the "die-hard" ones."

I meant:
"There........... it wouldn't make money from fans that are NOT the 'die-hard' ones."
06-30-02 02:29 AM
Riffhard Uhhhhhhh,Hmmm,
Yes.

What was the question again?
sorry....
Oh,but ofcourse,I agree!

Riffhard C10A
06-30-02 07:49 AM
Keefness Seems to me there might be some grumblin', but the die hards would buy all of it just to get the tracks that are on one & not the other..the casual fan would just be confused, & would tend to buy one or the other depending on who's gonna be impressed or how much $$ is in the pocket.

The GH will have the standard stuff & the new tracks..the box set will have lots of rarities & NOT the the new tracks, so the die hards will have to buy both.

just my synical guess..
06-30-02 09:18 AM
Honky Tonk Man I have no doubt that the new hits cd will hit the billboard and UK top ten. Id love it to sell ten million copies like the Beatles 1, but i dont think it will
06-30-02 11:46 AM
sirmoonie I just want to know if Muskrat Love is semi-autobiographical? I mean, did The Captain really pound squish with Tennile or were they just saying that to sell records?
06-30-02 12:16 PM
Keefness Ask Richard Gere if it's true..I'm sure he's ready to talk (especially after his lame speech at the MSG concert last Oct.). He's got this whole gerbil/muskrat thing goin'.
07-01-02 05:08 AM
stonedinaustralia keefness, as you were happy to pull stones jr. up on his spelling (and i suspect they were typo's) in "the kids are alright" thread, i'm sure you won't mind if i point out to you that synical (sic.) is spelt cynical... no big deal i know but you left yourself wide open on that one...

cheers

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road