ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [THE ROLLING STONES] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STILL LIFE Return to archive
06-29-02 11:19 PM
BILL PERKS JUST WONDERING YOUR THOUGHTS ON STILL LIFE.I THINK IT'S GREAT.I THINK GOIN TO A GO-GO BELONGS ON WARHORSES.TWENTY FLIGHT ROCK IS GREAT.THE ONLY DUD TO ME IS LETS SPEND THE NIGHT(THE ORIGINAL SUCKS TOO).THE BOOTS I HAVE HEARD FROM THE 81 TOUR AND LSNT MOVIE DONT COME CLOSE TO THIS RECORD.ERNIE WATTS SAX ON THIS TOUR WAS AN ADDED BOOST,I LOVE BOBBY KEYS,BUT HE CANNOT PLAY THAT TYPE OF SAX.ALSO,WHY DID MAC STOP TOURING WITH THEM?I EMAILED HIM ASKING THIS QUESTION AND HE REPLIED HE HAD OTHER COMMITMENTS.I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT WAS THE CASE.I'D RATHER SEE HIM THEN LEAVELL ANY DAY,BUT THE BAND NEEDS CHUCK AS A CRUTCH SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO BOTHER REMEMBERING ANYTHING.
06-30-02 01:35 AM
T&A I think Still Life is without a doubt the worst - wait the second worst (Flashpoint) live album ever. It doesn't even begin to document some of the high moments of the tour. No Black Limo, a severely edited-down Imagination, no Hang Fire, She's So Cold, All Down the Line, no LET IT BLEED. Gimme a break....I never listen to, rather I listen to many soundboards and FMs from the tour that are far superior.
06-30-02 11:00 AM
Boomhauer Hey BILL,

I think it's a pretty damn good live album. Very enjoyable to listen to. My favorite on there is probably Under My Thumb.
06-30-02 11:35 AM
Freind are Junkies "Still Life" still rocks me.
06-30-02 03:26 PM
Fiji Joe I agree, Still Life Rocks! Under My Thums is the best live version I've ever heard. If you really like Still Life, I suggest you get a hold of the 81' Hampton Roads bootleg which is a double CD with roughly the same sound quality as the Still Life album...It took me some doing, but I was able to piece the whole album (Hampton Roads) together from Kazaa...happy hunting
07-01-02 07:04 PM
steel driving hammer I LOVE how Keith slows down the riff durring the
ending of Under My Thumb and gets the groove.

In my book, it prolly doesn't get much better.

In my book also, apart from 69, the 81-82 tours are de best.

Also really love the Sax/Keith riff trade off/on
durring the solo of 81-82 Beast of Burden.

Again in my book, it prolly doesn't get much better.

Stones are masters, yet they don't even try to be...

07-01-02 11:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot Feej....

You don't need Kazaa or any of that crap. Ask for the real deal. I can help you.

[email protected]

http://www.geocities.com/cardinalx17009/index.html
07-02-02 08:39 AM
TT Still Life made me a Stones fan. In June 82 I was walking into a record store (I was 14 years old). Then GoGo came. Oohh, what�s that drum like? UUhhh, the guitar, ups another one, yeah and the fucking bass! Who�s that? Stones? Aha. I stayed there to listen to the flipside and was convinced. That was it. My first step into addiction. Therefore it�s the best live album (for me). Still get shivers during Intro, Thumb, Shattered, GoGo, Time, Imagination and Start.

Personally I love the whole fucking tour: clothes (even the ripped ones), staging, songs, sound (best lineup ever).

By the way: What does Mick say before GoGo? "All right...."
07-02-02 08:52 AM
nankerphelge "Awwrat babih, weaww gowantu agogo"

Pure Jagbonics

Let me know if you need any more translations, I minored in Jagbonics in undergrad.

07-02-02 10:57 AM
Stonesthrow Nanker-- If the law doesn't work out, perhaps you could be Jagger's staff interpreter. That service may be very in demand the next time he has to address either the U.N. or his buddies, the royals.
07-02-02 11:33 AM
nankerphelge I get the biggest kick outta McSpeak -- although now he doesn't slur nearly as much -- he enunciates everything it seems. It's too bad -- I love Jagbonics:

Listen to Love You Live:

"ah saw, huh toodee, addie rezepshawn
aglassa wahn, inna hayen
Inew, shesgone meet 'er connekshown
addafeet wasa, fudloose mayun
naya caint awaids git wachuwan
naya caint awaids git wachuwan
you caint aways git wachuwan
butitchu trahsomtime, yumahjusfine
jugetwat juneee
oh yeah"

Classic
07-02-02 12:44 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew Had the Still Life cassette when I was in the Army. Used to roll on post at 4:30 in the morning with the music cranking. "You gonna join formation private?"..."Nah Sarge, I'm going to a go go"
07-02-02 02:46 PM
TT Hey, nank,

Jagger says a lot more: "Allright SUGARPIE? .... ..... .... going to a gogo"?

Please fill in the blanks (not ironic).

Thanks,

dear Chieftranslator
07-02-02 04:21 PM
Scot Rocks Still Life, is a good solid live album and for �5, well worth it.

Mark

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road