ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [THE ROLLING STONES] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Remastered Virgins? Return to archive
06-29-02 04:40 PM
luridchief Hey, folks--I've lurked for awhile, but this is my first actual freakin' post!

I was wondering if anyone could give me info on remastered Stones CDs from Virgin. When compact discs first came into being, I naturally nabbed the whole Stones catalog when they came out in the mid-80s.

I know that when Virgin signed the Stones, they reissued STICKY FINGERS on up. I have a few of the "mini-albums" (SOME GIRLS and EXILE) but was wondering what Virgin discs were actually reMASTERED. Was it all of them?

My Rolling Stones Records/Columbia Stones CDs (the originals) sound pretty "thin." If anything else WAS remastered I wanna pick 'em up!

Thanks in advance for any info!
06-29-02 05:50 PM
stone jr. Well, you can get limited edition Stone albums from Virgin. They are about $35.00 each. They are hard to find in stores but easy to find online. Try looking on Ebay. I think I saw Tattoo You there. If you get Sticky Fingers on limited edition, I think it has the zipper cover!
06-29-02 06:01 PM
luridchief Thanks for the reply, stone jr!

I'm mainly wondering if ALL of the Virgin reissues (STICKY FINGERS on up) were remastered SOUND-wise when they put 'em out in the mid-nineties, especially some of the "lesser" CDs like GOAT'S HEAD, BLACK & BLUE, UNDERCOVER, etc.

I don't want to give away what I have until I know that there really is a better replacement! : )
06-29-02 07:04 PM
Gazza Virgin remastered,repackaged and reissued all the post 1970 albums (studio and live) in 1993. Theyre a great improvement on the CBS versions.

In a couple of cases,such as "Slave" on "Tattoo You" and (I think) "Luxury" from "IORR" the songs were noticeably longer
06-29-02 07:13 PM
luridchief Thanks for the info!

Between having to buy all of these, PLUS the EARLY albums in August . . . I'm gonna be in the poor house! Good thing that I already have my Stones tickets for the October Cleveland show! : )
06-29-02 07:14 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew A dark skinned fellow with a towel on his head approached me the other day and said that if I were willing to sacrifice myself in the name of Allah, there would be 70 remastered virgins waiting for me in heaven. I politely declined and told him that I was not willing to take my own life for 70 remastered virgins, but, I that I would consider inflicting slight injury upon myself for 10 minutes with the skank ass ho' that trolls 10th street. Negotiations continue...
06-30-02 02:09 AM
rogerriffin a little question, the LOVE YOU LIVE was reissued too????, i only got the 8 in studio, but LOVE YOU LIVE i�ve never seen in collector�s edition the original album packaging.
07-01-02 09:24 PM
Stones Love You Live, Still Life and Flashpoint were all re released in 1998 and were originally only available as imports from Japan, which is where I got my copies. I am not sure if they did anything special packaging wise or sound wise as I never had the CBS versions. The Japanese versions contain all the lyrics though.
07-02-02 07:00 AM
Jumacfly Yes, "love you live" was remastered by Virgin last year.
there was no slipcase edition for this record, just a "classic" double cd.
you can find it everywhere, i don t think the songs are differents.

Cheers

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road