ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [THE ROLLING STONES] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Here's to Boris Return to archive
06-28-02 03:46 AM
Riffhard I can not even begin to fathom of the loss WE HAVE ALL SUFFERED!I'm a fucking wreck!
John Entwistle was a great bass player,but a better man.I was fortunate to have met him and drank with him two times in the last three years.He was nothing if not human and humble.John played the Stone Pony last year and he stopped by the radio station I work at.It was the 2nd time he had been there in the last three years.He not only remembered the station but,he remembered my name and the names of all the staff members that were present on both of his visits!Let me tell you,that is quite a feat for a fucking legend as John was!
The first time that he came to the station I brought my wife and daughters with me to meet him.So I proceed to ask him for a picture with the with the whole Hook family.John was so easy about it.He was honored.If he were to be believed! He was always very quiet,but when he talked it was as cockney as it gets!He used very few words to say many things.Just so fucking cool he was!
The second time he came,last year,I was solo.The lovely wife and kids at home in bed.The station had set out a spread of food and brandy.John loved good brandy and cognac.Anywhoo we all proceeded to get a bit toasted on expensive booze.He told us some filthy fucking jokes off air!He really was the "Charlie"of the Who.Soft spoken, albeit a bit cockney,but just a sage.
What a shame!His bass playing is 2nd to NONE!I just love his incredible bass runs!"The Real Me",I mean come on!!I'm listening to "Sparks" off of Live At Leeds right now.Cryin' in my beer I am!Joey your pain is shared by many here.

Riffhard
06-28-02 07:10 AM
Scot Rocks Those are nice memories Riffard and John seems like a really great guy, as well as a great musician. It is so devastating for all who follow the Who and John's solo career as well as his friends and family. However like Keith Moon his memory will live on forever. The thing was as well was the shock, as it seemed the Who were just about to have a beginning to a new era, a new tour an album, the emergence of Zak on the drums, it seemed that the Who were riding a crest of a wave. Now everything has been thrown in disaray by this dreadful news.

Mark
06-28-02 07:39 AM
Keefness Seein' that the first time I saw The WHO was in Dec '75 at Pontiac Stadium, My album of choice tonight was 'Who By Numbers'..Quite loud, I might add. Iread an article years ago in Guitar Player Magazine..I believe the conversation was with Rabbit, their keys-guy/all around mechanic of The WHO tech..he was recalling how John Entwhistle's rig was so loud, it wasn't even run through the PA. In stadium gigs.

Godspeed, John Entwhistle.

To twist Bruce Springsteen's line: "Walk tall, baby, or don't walk at all..."

"Play loud, baby, or don't play at all.."

...Yeah.
06-28-02 05:58 PM
mattb Great stories! He was a genius with talent we were lucky to have appreciated while we were here.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road