ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today is the last day to submit your answers for the trivia
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey Check This Out Return to archive
07-01-03 04:31 PM
Soul Survivor I found this Beatles site that would be interesting even if you only like 1 of their songs. Pick a song and it tells you all the stuff thats not supposed to be there. For example, heres what it says about Strawberry Fields Forever:

0:59
Perhaps the most famous Beatles edit ever. In fact, it is actually two edits. The famous one is between take 7 and take 26. Take 7 was slower and a semitone lower in key. The two were edited together right between the words "'cause I'm" and "going to". The less known edit occurs right before the words "Let me take you down". It's also less noticeable. The edit can be heard clearly by listening to the drums and mellotron on the left. The drums go very dead, and the mellotron stops. At the same time on the right, the orchestra appears from nowhere.

1:17, 2:01
Counting from one to four

1:22 * NEW *
Swordmandel (Swarmandela) fill is flubbed at the end. This mistake should/could have been mixed out! There is a "ting" remaining at the end, out of place.

2:43-2:44 * NEW *
Nasty click from one of the cellos (right channel)

3:00-3:09 * NEW *
3:00 - Sounds like the guitar gets unplugged (right, after first flourish)
3:06 - Soft click, like a switch
3:08 - Slight drop in level
3:09 - Soft pop, the guitar returns with next flourish

3:27-4:05
Left channel, lots of talking, sounds like directions of sorts. From bootlegs, this seems to be "that's terrific","here comes the 'weeoo' (referring to the droning guitar note)

3:57, 4:03
John mutters the famous "Cranberry Sauce" twice, followed by "My mother made it for me." Paul is dead fanatics insist that what John really says is "I Buried Paul," but that somehow doesn't go with "My mother made it for me." Note that "My mother..." cannot be heard on any released version.
Can someone enlighten me as to where it *can* be heard?? (Bootlegs?) The song fades out in all cases before the end of the second "Cranberry Sauce." The German release of Magical Mystery Tour fades out later than other releases (and so, therefore, does the CD), but still too soon to hear the "My mother..." statement.
Listen to the bootleg versions, they carry both "cranberrys" plus lots of shouting from John to Ringo, "What are you playing it","Alright Calm down ringo"
Frank Daniels is sure that he hears "I'm very hoarse" instead of the claimed "Cranberry Sauce" (German Version). He also mentions the morse code, supposedly "J.L.". This is most certainly not "JL", and is in fact rather poor morse code, if it is meant to be that. (Like the cover to Help, which doesn't say "Help" in semaphore!)
Marty Blaise says:
"I'm an amateur radio operator and at one time I could copy the code at 20 words per minute. The closest thing that I can guess is that the first letter is a K ... my guess is it's a bunch of beeps with no meaning, just someone having fun."
* NEW *
I've listened to this sound more recently, and compared to the sound of the higher notes on the Mellotron "Flute" setting. It's a high note being tapped on the mellotron keyboard, and really doesn't equate to anything sensible in Morse. It's music, so let it be For those who want to find the "Morse" it is at 0:15-0:20 in the released version (left). In bootlegs of other takes, it repeats at other places in the song, always after "cause I'm going to..."

Its really VERY interesting. I wish there was a stones site like this. Heres the link: http://www.stevesbeatles.com/songs/

[Edited by Soul Survivor]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003