ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today is the last day to submit your answers for the trivia
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Toronto Show Sets Record Return to archive
06-28-03 10:50 AM
gimmekeef The Canadian website canoe.com is reporting 150,000 tickets sold in the first day of the SARS benefit show through Ticketbastard alone. Also they state that one grocery store chain also bought 240,000 tickets for sale and distribution in thier US and Canadian stores. The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World??????....Never had a doubt!
06-28-03 12:36 PM
nankerphelge Wow -- 150K first day is pretty impressive!
Wonder how accurate that is.

A&P has another 240K available? That seems like it has an extra zero in it, but who knows -- optimism maybe?

06-28-03 01:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh hell, the Stones had nothing to do with it...it was all Justin Timberlake.

He was the key.

I heard a rumor that his big finale will be a N'Sync reunion for a killer lipsynched version of "Bye Bye Bye".
06-28-03 03:02 PM
LadyJane N'Sync for the finale? Maybe......

Or more than likely it will be something like:

LadyJ.
06-28-03 03:07 PM
steel driving hammer I love that blue shirt he has!

Who ever gave it to him to wear, has a good influence and taste for Keith.
06-28-03 03:47 PM
nankerphelge The two fiercest looking guitarists known to man.

Plus they just get it!

06-29-03 03:30 AM
tumbling_dice Do any of u have any guesses how many people will be there?
06-29-03 01:44 PM
Martha LadyJ..I LOVE that photo of Keef and Angus. Thanks for postin git!

Indomitable..that's what I see in those two guitarists faces!

Geez louise...I wish I could see this show but I know cannot take the full picture....a full day of a bahzillion people, many of which will be drunk off their arses...and no bathrooms or water within my immediate reach. I'm simply past that stage of life, people.

So, I hope this show will be filmed and released at a later date, so I can see the highlights....especially the part when Keef splits Timberbakes head open with his guitar...Angus may help him out on that...hopefully! LOL They look ready to go at him in this shot, don't you'all think?! ROTFLOL

Now that will be worth the price of admission!
06-29-03 09:57 PM
tumbling_dice How many people were at Hyde Park and Altamont? Wouldn't it be amazing if we can beat those records!
06-30-03 10:35 AM
jb 150,000 would be a great disappointment.
06-30-03 10:48 AM
Joey " 150,000 would be a great disappointment. "

<----- 500,000 would be a great disappointment for THIS STONES --- BEST STONES YET !!!!!!

You tell 'em little fella .

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003