ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today is the last day to submit your answers for the trivia
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Letterman's band covers "Midnight Rambler" Tonight. Return to archive
06-27-03 11:47 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Just some quick news. He's got a nice big band and they do nice covers occasionally. If only they didn't *sing* too... well, they didn't for "Rambler", thankfully, but their voices are just horrendous when they sing on the show.

Why does Dave Letterman take Fridays off now? He's already losing viewers...

-tSYX --- Talk about the midnight rambler...
06-27-03 11:56 PM
FPM C10 Conan O'Brien's band does a lot of Stones stuff, including MR - when the Stones were in the US they played almost ALL Stones every night, it seemed - and they are a pretty good band when Jimmy Vivino is in charge. Max is sort of show bizzy, but he's always on tour anyway.

Letterman's band is a bit lounge-y for my taste, but worlds better than Leno's band. They are horrid.
06-28-03 12:32 AM
steel driving hammer Johnny Depp was on Leno tonight and mentioned that he met Keith in LA and said Keith the warmest and kindest guy he's ever met and asked Jay to stop making jokes about him.

Johnny I think is the only hollywood actor who's not let fame go to his head.

Hats off Johnny.

Like the Black Crowes once sung, "It's always there if you need it"

FPM was right in these Gov controlled PG13 mindfuckshit.
06-28-03 05:23 AM
mac_daddy actually the cbs orchestra played Midnight Rambler, Live with Me, and Gimme Shelter...

jimmy fallon was the guest host, and he is a big stones fan - I think the band did the tunes for him. He made a few comments about the stones during the show, too.
06-29-03 12:14 AM
JaggaRichards Leno sucks.
The Max Weinberg band are the best late nite band IMO.
Stop Paul Schaffer NOW!!
06-30-03 05:40 PM
DanDan When Fallon was a guest on Letterman he walked out to the band playing "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'". Fallon rules.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003