ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today is the last day to submit your answers for the trivia
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RUSH added to the lineup!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
06-29-03 12:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ohhhhh.

You three twats sure put me in my place with those pointed barbs! Ouch!

I'm off to cry me a river because some Rush fans called me names.

I thank God every day that he didn't make me nerdy enough to appreciate bands like Rush, Queen, Styx, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Foriegner, and the anti-christ...Peter Frampton. And you know what, if those bands no longer existed....no one would care. Well, no one who is worth a damn anyhow.

Hey guys! The new Kiss action figures are out at KB Toys...if you hurry, you might still be able to find the elusive Ace Frehley with the guitar that belches real smoke! WoooooooHOOOOOOOOO! That would be so AWESOME.

What a pig pile of putz-like fuckwits you three are. Now run off and get back to your Dungeons and Dragons game. You bore the daylights out of me.
06-29-03 02:33 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

What I hope this gig avoids is the "All-Star Jam" thingy at the end. Those things are always retarded.

Aw come ON. Those things are great. You'n'me saw the greatest train wreck of ALL all-star jam thingys - Chuck Berry playing "Guess what key I'm in" at the R&R HoF gig. I wouldn't trade my memory of THAT disaster for anything. As we said at the time - how ELSE were they gonna end it? The STONES weren't there, and there was nobody else - IS nobody else - big and bad enough to encapsulate and transcend the whole shebang. So having rock's grand-daddy play the WORST version of "Rock & Roll Music" (isn't that what they played?) while Springsteen and Melissa Ethridge tried to figure out what key he was in was the ONLY way out.

Retarded, yes...but then Rock & Roll IS a bit retarded.

Came from Jerry Lee marryin' his cousin I reckon.
06-29-03 03:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, but my point was...I don't want the STONES involved in that kind of thing.

I don't care if Chuck Berry makes himself look like a moron. But I sure as hell don't want the Stones looking THAT bad.
06-29-03 03:54 PM
tumbling_dice Ok Stonesalot, I don`t mean to be rude but why do you even spend your time posting messages about the concert in T.O. if you won`t even be there? Maybe some of us don`t like Justin T. and Rush but look at it this way: Some people do and these people will go to the concert and spend $$$ in Toronto and that is the whole reason why they are having the concert. If you want to, go ahead and organize a festival yourself and see how many good acts you can line up. I`m sure the people behind this concert are doing the best they can to reach all different groups of people to ensure the concert will bring as much money as possible to Toronto. Everyone can CHOOSE to go or not to go. We are choosing to go and where will you be? Watching it on your T.V.?
06-29-03 07:03 PM
Mr T
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Ohhhhh.

You three twats sure put me in my place with those pointed barbs! Ouch!

I'm off to cry me a river because some Rush fans called me names.

I thank God every day that he didn't make me nerdy enough to appreciate bands like Rush, Queen, Styx, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Foriegner, and the anti-christ...Peter Frampton. And you know what, if those bands no longer existed....no one would care. Well, no one who is worth a damn anyhow.

Hey guys! The new Kiss action figures are out at KB Toys...if you hurry, you might still be able to find the elusive Ace Frehley with the guitar that belches real smoke! WoooooooHOOOOOOOOO! That would be so AWESOME.

What a pig pile of putz-like fuckwits you three are. Now run off and get back to your Dungeons and Dragons game. You bore the daylights out of me.

personal insults are a great way to get your point across & not seem ignorant in the slightest bit...
06-29-03 11:14 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah, but my point was...I don't want the STONES involved in that kind of thing.

I don't care if Chuck Berry makes himself look like a moron. But I sure as hell don't want the Stones looking THAT bad.

Oh, come on, SS. This show isn't about what best-matching bands would be best to play with the Stones...it's trying to fulfill a large spectrum of age groups and tastes in order to draw the largest amounts.
Nobody is going to turn someone else on or of music. Rush has a huge "cult-like" following, especially in Canada and if they can sell 50,000 or more tickets to draw Rush fans, they've accomplished what they want - more numbers.

Quite honestly, I don't think "warm up" acts can influence the main act, especially the Stones.

Most imortant in my eyes (aside from seeing a Stones show) is the amount of people who have loved the Stones for years and only now can aford to see them for the first time. I think that is terrific! Imagine how happy these folks are. Remember holding the ticket to your 1st Stones show?

So what if I don't like most of the acts there - I'm seeing The Guess Who, Rush, AC/DC and the Stones for twenty-one fuckin fifty! I bring my own bottled water (which IS allowed) and I buy couple burgers and a tee and can tell my grandkids about this show which has spawned many newspaper articles for keepsake - already.
06-30-03 01:15 AM
Sir Stonesalot Great. Have fun. I sincerely hope that everyone who goes has a blast.

But here is the deal....this is a public forum, and I have every bit the right to state my opinions on this festival, as anyone else here.

When have I ever said that it wasn't a worthwhile cause? When have I ever said that I hope everyone has a shitty time?

My whole purpose, from post #1, is to get you all to see the reality of a festival that is expecting, now, upwards of 300,000 people.

I don't think many of you fully understand this situation. To enjoy yourselves at this particular show, you will need to get yourself both physically and mentally prepared. And I don't mean just pay lip service. This is going to require serious effort. You will have to have a game plan

Look, I've been to things even larger than this festival. I'm speaking from experience. Things like this are ALWAYS a pain in the ass. ALWAYS. There is no way around it. Any time you put that number of people in a relatively small area, all trying to do the same thing at the same time, mix in a liberal amount of alcohol & drugs, you are going to have a massive problem. It is only natural.

Let me ask you guys a question....have you seen the results of the last few major outdoor music festivals worldwide? It is some frightening stuff. Burning, looting, even rape. Now, I'm not saying that this is going to happen in Toronto, and I certainly hope it doesn't....but it easily could. And you people who are going need to think about that, and prepare accordingly. You are going to go through 10 to 12 hours of very difficult circumstances, and that is extremely stressful. You can ease that stress somewhat by thinking about the situation ahead of time, and planning actions to deal with it.

I can't tell you why I have such a bad feeling about this show. I don't know why. All I know is that the moment that I started makingt plans to go to Toronto, I had this dark feeling in the back of my mind. When I was filling out my leave application for the show at work, the little voice in the back of my head said, "Stop.". This dark cloud has been getting even darker as July approaches. I am really worried that something very bad is going to happen at this show. And I don't want anyone here to be harmed in any way.

Believe me, I'll be the happiest guy on this board if you all come back safely, and can rub my nose in what a great time was had by all.

Oh, and Mr T...I may be crass and vulgar, but I know shit from shinola...and that stuff you and your cronies are selling ain't no good for shining shoes...just for making 'em stinky. I can be crude in making my point because it is such an easy point to make. A turd is still a turd, no matter how fancy you dress it up. I've told you before, and I'll tell you 10,000 times more if needed, flash means nothing without soul.

Besides, I only responded with personal insults after personal insults were proferred to me. And that is a very silly thing to do to a redneck. I'll never lose a battle of insults....mainly because you can't say shit to me that isn't either A.) True, or B.) already been hurled at me.

But I like jousting with you. It's fun to get your panties all in a twist.
06-30-03 12:23 PM
Mr T "Oh, and Mr T...I may be crass and vulgar, but I know shit from shinola...and that stuff you and your cronies are selling ain't no good for shining shoes...just for making 'em stinky. I can be crude in making my point because it is such an easy point to make. A turd is still a turd, no matter how fancy you dress it up. I've told you before, and I'll tell you 10,000 times more if needed, flash means nothing without soul.

Besides, I only responded with personal insults after personal insults were proferred to me. And that is a very silly thing to do to a redneck. I'll never lose a battle of insults....mainly because you can't say shit to me that isn't either A.) True, or B.) already been hurled at me.

But I like jousting with you. It's fun to get your panties all in a twist."

you really have this much free time on your hands? Whoever posted this topic obviously likes Rush - you obviously don't. So... why the fuck are you wasting your time

and don't worry about being to vulgar for me, I'm a big enough boy to hear words like shit & turd. I can also handle an arguement over the net without getting bent out of shape, judging by your persistence, you may need to cool down just as much as me.

you seem like one of those people to me that is always right because you've convinced yourself your right- am I making a poor assumtion? Trust me, I know enough rednecks to be neither impressed or appalled by you
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003