ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today is the last day to submit your answers for the trivia
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RUSH added to the lineup!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
06-27-03 12:39 PM
VaporTrails WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

NOW I'LL BE THERE!!!
06-27-03 12:59 PM
shakedhandswithkeith where?
06-27-03 01:55 PM
VaporTrails
quote:
shakedhandswithkeith wrote:
where?

Toronto, July 30th.. RUSH confirmed as of this morning!
06-27-03 02:29 PM
Miss U. Yes.
Come on over. How much ya wanna bet Joe Cocker will be there too.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stonestoronto/
06-27-03 03:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Rush is gonna be there?

Why would they want that Republican mouthpiece there? Is this like having Bill Clinton at the Global Warming gig? Equal time for the opposition?

What would he talk about, and why would anyone want to listen to him? I thought this was an all music festival.

Wierd. Rush Limbaugh at the SARS Benefit....I would have never guessed.
06-27-03 03:57 PM
Pattie
What???!!!

my Rush?

06-27-03 04:30 PM
mac_daddy sir - I think they are referring to the Canadian power trio - the ones that wrote "Tom Sawyer" and "Spirit of Radio."

my eyes suck, but I think that is an early pic of the band in patties avatar....

not the fat conservative US radio host/political commentator.
06-27-03 05:32 PM
Highwire Rob What about that young Canadian group, Len "Don't Steal My Sunshine." Are they going to be there? Even as a one-hit-wonder, they're ten-times better than Justine Timbertwinker.
06-27-03 06:02 PM
VaporTrails Pattie...

MY RUSH!!!

Thank GED they decided to play this event!

Was going to be a really boring summer waiting for the Live In Rio DVD to come out!

Now this special treat... WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!
06-27-03 08:04 PM
Boomy
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Justine Timbertwinker.

Hey Rob, it's funny you mention him.

I just went to Launch.com to see some Rolling Stone news, and for 6-25-03 is a headline "Timberlake joins Rolling Stones for Toronto concert". And the funny thing is, right below that is a 6-20-03 headline that reads "Jagger slams Justin Timberlake".

It's great.
06-27-03 10:36 PM
LadyJane All I can say is Timberlake better re-think his appearance.

The crowd will show him no mercy!!! I can't wait!!

LadyJ.
06-28-03 12:19 AM
Sir Stonesalot >sir - I think they are referring to the Canadian power trio - the ones that wrote "Tom Sawyer" and "Spirit of Radio."<

Eeeeeeewwwwww. That's even worse!!!

(Thanks for being the straight man for me Mac-Daddy. I knew someone would bite!)
06-28-03 12:45 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh, and before I am villified by our Rush contingent...I was just kidding around. You know, a word play joke.

Oh never mind. Go ahead and villify me. I fucking hate Rush...the band and the mouth. God damned prog rock, and a God damned republinazi.

As far as I'm concerned...it just re-affirms my decision to stay the heck away from Toronto on the 30th.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
06-28-03 01:12 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Pattie wrote:

What???!!!

my Rush?

Pattie darling, I can't say this any nicer than Rush Sucks.

Not Rush Limbaugh, but Rush the band!
06-28-03 07:19 AM
Pattie
Yea, whatever, but come on ,their song "what you're doing" kicks ass live! I don't care bout their eighties stuff. I like early early Rush so keep your pants on lol!!
06-28-03 11:54 AM
full moon Rush are excellent, maybe your taste sucks........
06-28-03 11:55 AM
VaporTrails
quote:
full moon wrote:
Rush are excellent, maybe your taste sucks........

I couldnt agree more!
06-28-03 12:32 PM
nankerphelge C'mon -- this is a rock & roll buffet!

Not everyone is gonna dig everything!

And they don't have to. I ain't a big Rush fan either -- not my cup -- but who cares -- it's someone's cup! Go grab a Molson and roll a fattie and have fun!

Damn this ain't so fuckin' hard!

06-28-03 12:47 PM
VaporTrails
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
C'mon -- this is a rock & roll buffet!

Not everyone is gonna dig everything!

And they don't have to. I ain't a big Rush fan either -- not my cup -- but who cares -- it's someone's cup! Go grab a Molson and roll a fattie and have fun!

Damn this ain't so fuckin' hard!

LMAO.. well put!

I'm just glad my 'plate' will be served more in the middle.. that way I can be on the 401 heading back to Detroit long before the rest of the masses.
06-28-03 01:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot Someone who claims that Rush is great has no business lecturing anyone about taste.

When did I ever say that other folks couldn't like it?

I said that I, not anyone else, hate it. I don't give a flying fuck what you subject your ears to.

But don't tell me that I have no taste. I have THAT in abundance.

I'm a Stones fan, AND I just got tix to see The White Stripes. It doesn't get any more tasteful than that.

So kiss my hairy white scrotum, and go listen to your overblown, pompous, look at how many drums I have in my kit, preprogrammed, overproduced, psuedointellectual, soulless, vegetarian, prog drivel.

Nank, you are right. It is a buffet. But when there is only one dish on the spread worth eating, I go someplace else to eat. Enjoy the heck out of that 2 hour wait in line for a $12.00 Molson.
06-28-03 01:29 PM
Miss U. Well put, Nanker! This is a smorgasbord, take what you like, just don't puke afterwards. So to speak.
Love that pic, Steelie.
06-28-03 01:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know, the more I think about it, the more I start to disagree with the whole buffet analogy. Here's why:

At a buffet, I can simply skip over all the dishes that have fish, or lima beans in it. But at the SARS Fest, you are FORCED to eat all the stuff you don't like. What are you gonna do? Turn your ears on and off? You don't get a choice in it...you HAVE to sit through Justin Timberlake(Hey, it could be worse, it could be the American Idol Justin. But wait, there still may be time to sign him up!), and you HAVE to sit through Rush(I hear Journey and Styx are touring now, maybe they could get signed up to play too!)....you simply can't escape it. So you can't really "take whatever you want". You gotta eat a big helping of everything, and that ain't like any buffet I've ever been to.
06-28-03 01:50 PM
Miss U. Put it this way. Those who are going to the concert are going to see some bands they don't particulary care for, but they are going to HAVE FUN. So they can wear earplugs during Timberlake, or talk to the stones fans around them, or take the opportunity to go for a beer or a piss.
I'm sure those at Woodstock didn't all like EVERY band.
06-28-03 02:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot I sure wouldn't compare this to Woodstock....well, at least the 60's version. I mean look at the line up. C'mon. You ever see the Woodstock movie? Show me one artist from Woodstock that was as shitty as Justin Timberlake or Rush or ANYONE on the SARS bill. Stones and AC/DC excepted, of course.

I really hope you all DO have fun. But I happen to feel that you will have a harder time doing that than you think. It's a monumental task to just take a piss. Well, you'll discover this for yourself.

Good luck though...you're gonna need it.
06-28-03 06:18 PM
Boomy You got that right, Stoney.

This isn't one of those concerts where you can skip the opening act and still get your front row seat for the Stones.

Ya gotta get their early, and sit through a set of JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. But I guess all the torture ends when the Stones hit the stage!!
06-28-03 08:46 PM
Prodigal Son I don't know, Sir Stonesalot, Sha Na Na was pretty crappy themselves... But they sure as hell were better than Timberdyke. I'd like to see a finale where an encore has Justin and 'N Sync come out to a cresendo of boos. They keep playing to brave the mass hate, until finally Angus Young comes out, kicks him in the balls and throws him off-stage. Then the other members will realize that it ain't worth it and just piss off, thus leaving the stage set for an AC/DC and Stones encore combo as the fans mug Timberdyke in the crowd (prolly stealing his money to buy the $10 water and $20 gruel and bread).
06-29-03 12:50 AM
Sir Stonesalot Here's the deal.

I wouldn't walk out my front door to see Rush play in my front yard.

I would, however, go outside if Sha Na Na was in my front yard. Even if it would be to just kick that Bowser guy in his big damn mouth full of big stupid teeth. Besides, Sha Na Na didn't get really stupid until they had that 70's variety show.

What I hope this gig avoids is the "All-Star Jam" thingy at the end. Those things are always retarded.
06-29-03 09:20 AM
VaporTrails Lick my sack you arrogant cocknocker.
06-29-03 10:10 AM
Mr T rush is great, whoever doesn't like it can listen to their own shit & not bother me
06-29-03 11:19 AM
full moon Morons abound ..........
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003