ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today is the last day to submit your answers for the trivia
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Summer's here's and the time is right... for another TRIVIA TIME!!! Return to archive
06-24-03 12:21 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Summertime blues? Then it must be time for a new trivia contest. No bootlegs this time. Instead, our friend Fernando Aceves has generously agreed to donate to Rocks Off the first prize! If you know his work, this is something to get excited about. The second and third prizes will WOW you as well.

First prize: An original photo of Keith at the Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia on September 18, 2002 by Fernando Aceves, this picture was the first and only inclusion from 2002 in the 40x20 exhibition, and the original looks fucking great. Printed in museum quality paper using state-of-the-art technology, 32x41. This is an $850.00 USD value photo. Baron Wolman (first Rolling Stone photographer) told me in person, when we had dinner early this year, that this is one of the best shots of Keith, ever. BTW, Baron has donated digital images for Rocks Off, never printed and never posted before, that’s why he’s in the Rocks Off “We’re only in it for the music” collage.

Here’s the esteemed photographer and Baron Wolman with the photo in the 40x20 exhibition in Mexico City.

The photo will be shipped the next day insured via FedEx to anywhere in the world. So if the photo gets lost the winner will receive the $850.00 USD

Second prize: An original photo of the Rolling Stones performing at the Odeon Cinema in Folkestone on the evening of 17th May 1964 by Richard Taylor. A real collector’s item. (32x40 cm)

The above is a reduced image, just see this zoom for the expected quality in the original.

Third prize: A letter size print of “Keith wearing Keith” (Too tough too die) by Kevin Mazur, backstage before the Music for the Planet-benefit for the Rainforest Alliance at the Beacon Theater, in NYC, on March 6, 2001.

Check this zoom to see the expected resolution in the high resolution print

Actual size of this image is more than 20 MB!!! Sorry for the watermark but this is also an exclusive collector’s item.

RULES
The contest is open to REGISTERED USERS OF ROCKS OF MESSAGE BOARD only. Your registration date must be by or before May 2003. Sorry, no exceptions.

The contest will have three parts:

LEVEL ONE: You will be asked to answer a posted set of easy trivia questions in order to move to the next round. The participants will privately email the Unholy Trinity their answers to these questions The participant will then post a reply in the Trivia thread that they have submitted answers to the Unholy Trinity. This will give us an index of the regulars participating.

LEVEL TWO: To make it to Level Three, participants will be asked to answer a more difficult set of questions, identify photos, "name the track" on audio clips and elaborate on signifigant events in the Rolling Stones history.

LEVEL THREE: The finalists will be asked to participate in a LIVE TRIVIA contest to be held in one of the Rocks Off Chatrooms. Here's the cool feature: everybody is welcome to come on in and watch the live contest, (it will be open to the public) but only the finalists will be able to respond.

Have fun and good luck. This could be your cure for the summertime blues.

Stonesly yours

Jaxx, Gazza and Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
06-24-03 12:22 AM
Soul Survivor Sweet! When is it
06-24-03 12:24 AM
stonedinaustralia sounds like lottsa fun voodoo

when/where are the first level questions to appear??
06-24-03 12:30 AM
stonedinaustralia ..and of course down here we presently have the winter time blues which, i'm sure you'll agree, are even worse than the summertime variety
06-24-03 12:33 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The wintertime blues LOL, yes that's worse

I don't know the date of the level one phase, but I think it will be tomorrow or Wedenesday. Be prepared as jaxx made most of the questions of Level two and three and neither Gazza nor me could respond
06-24-03 03:43 AM
fmk438j Sounds excellent.

Here's to an all aussie final lol.

06-24-03 06:29 AM
Zeeta This is why I love this board!!!

Excellent work unholynesses!

06-24-03 09:04 AM
nankerphelge Is this an open book test?

Is there any math?

06-24-03 09:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Nanky, yes it will be an open book test, you can even have Nico's research on-line, but in the third level phase it will be live so probably someone is answering while "another someone" is reading
06-24-03 10:56 AM
stonedinaustralia so voodoo it's true...you can't do it on your own...

BRING IT ON!!
06-24-03 11:24 AM
Jaxx glad to see you're all psyched. however, be WARNED. the test is tough and it will prove to be a "head bangers" ball. how many of YOU are too tough to die??
06-24-03 11:57 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Well, shit. What a crappy time to be away from my computer for so long...

I'll try and participate, by the time we get to round 3 I'll be down in Virginia (without Cousin Lou, thank God) with full computer access.

This gonna be awesome!

-tSYX --- She got your name, she got your number...
06-24-03 12:19 PM
parmeda Jaxx, Gazza & Voo....
What a gracious offer from the three of you. Seriously! And how extremely generous of Mr. Aceves (thank you, Fernando ) to donate the photo? (Assuming all 3 of these gems were donated as prizes...)

This is going to be very interesting and quite hysterical.
Summertime Blues...I think not. It will be more like a Gut-Wrenching Sweat Fest, lol!

And as Jaxx stated: "the test is tough and it will prove to be a "head bangers" ball. how many of YOU are too tough to die??"

I say, "Spear me Ronnie! I'll take a blow for the team!"

Good Luck everyone!

06-24-03 03:32 PM
Cant Catch Me Man oh man oh man, what spectacular prizes!! I'm bustin' some buttons to get started!

And so PC too! -- no extra points for popularity or bein' a smarty pants!
06-25-03 11:25 AM
Martha Holy Game Show of all Game Shows Ronnie!

This contest will certainly save someone's summertime blues fest but it aint' gonna be mine...I am still merely a novice when it comes to Stones trivia. I also cannot get into the chat room to watch the final phase of this contest...oh well....sigh. Someone please keep me/us posted when it gets down to the wire. Thanks!

My hat's off to all the fearless contestants.

Good luck everyone!

What absolutely incredible prizes by the way...as you can guess I LOVE the first place prize winning Keef photo. Wow!

Hell, I would be ecstatic to win a Ronnie Cake t-shirt..size small! LOL By the way is there a way to get one made up? I would LOVE to wear it to a concert sometime.

This board is truly unbelievable!

The Unholy Trinity ROCKS!

I remain a humbled member.

With hugs and kisses to all,
Martha

06-27-03 12:31 PM
Tom When?
06-27-03 01:07 PM
Sunflower Oh darn, I just found this board today and I'm too late for the contest.

Do you have these here regularly? I'd really love to have a chance at the next one.

06-27-03 03:02 PM
Martha LEVEL ONE: You will be asked to answer a posted set of easy trivia questions in order to move to the next round. The participants will privately email the Unholy Trinity their answers to these questions The participant will then post a reply in the Trivia thread that they have submitted answers to the Unholy Trinity. This will give us an index of the regulars...

Have I missed this part already? I didn't see it posted anywhere.
06-27-03 11:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Sunflower wrote:
Oh darn, I just found this board today and I'm too late for the contest.

Do you have these here regularly? I'd really love to have a chance at the next one.

yes we do it regularly but not often

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
06-27-03 11:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl To all others in real need for action now you can answer a trivia warm up, just click HERE and move!
06-30-03 10:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The level one phase is on, click here and go

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003