ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan US Tour Dates (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
30th June 2006 08:49 AM
Factory Girl When is the new cd being released?
30th June 2006 09:50 AM
MrPleasant I can't wait to download it.
30th June 2006 10:08 AM
Larry Dallas I'll be in Lexington with the Yayhoos coming to town the next night.
30th June 2006 10:27 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

Might I speculate Vaughan & Brown
maybe players on the new lp?

You might, but from all reports they're not.
30th June 2006 12:28 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
And is Applebee's Park named for that restaurant chain? LOL

LOL Yes it is named for that chain. We saw Bob there and met Larry Dallas at the same show.
30th June 2006 12:29 PM
Martha
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
When is the new cd being released?

Two days before my 15th wedding anniversary ;-) August 29th! I think Chris ( my husband) has been chatting with Bob! LOL
30th June 2006 12:35 PM
Martha
quote:
TomL wrote:
Washington, PA that is in the middle of no where. But he is bringing it to the working class people. I grew up about 20 miles from there.

Bob is playing every venue on the earth...now I am certain of this! LOL And yes brings the music to the working class and he charges working class prices too!

Long Live Bob Dylan!

Thank you friends......

Captain Sway... you and I (LJ too!) MUST see Bob together.......

I'll get right on it!

Sway Team member since 9/24/05!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaatha!
2nd July 2006 05:25 PM
Gazza Dylan searches for a new soul mate

The enigmatic singer is back on form and keeping his fans guessing with a walk-on role for diva Alicia Keys on his new album

Caspar Llewellyn Smith
Sunday July 2, 2006
The Observer

It has been five years since the release of Bob Dylan's last album, but any notion that the 65-year-old singer might have lost touch with the contemporary world is dispelled by the first verse of 'Modern Times', the opening song on his new record.
'Thunder on the mountain, fires on the moon, There's a ruckus in the alley and the sun will be here soon,' it begins, before quickly skipping to the lines 'I was thinking about Alicia Keys, couldn't help from crying/When she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was living down the line/I'm wondering where in the world Alicia Keys could be/I been looking for her even clean through Tennessee.'

It is not known whether Dylan really is a fan of the soul singer 39 years his junior - ever the enigma, he has not discussed the new record yet. But the two of them are thought to have met at the 2001 Grammy awards, when Keys was a five-times winner with her album Songs in A Minor and Dylan won Best Contemporary Folk Album with Love and Theft. Dylan also seems to have done his research - Keys was indeed raised in the Hell's Kitchen area of New York.

'I first heard through the grapevine that he'd mentioned my name in one of his new songs,' Keys told The Observer, the first newspaper to hear Dylan's album, last night.

'I just knew somebody had to be playin' with me! How could such a legend know me? And bigger than that, want to write about me? I haven't heard the song yet - it's top secret. But I'm crazy excited about it and I'm honored to be on his mind.'

This is not the first time Dylan has introduced real characters into his songs - 1963's 'I Shall Be Free' featured Brigitte Bardot, Anita Ekberg and Sophia Loren - and ever since the early Sixties his lyrics have been subjected to close scrutiny.

Debates about the autobiographical and political nature of his work will be revived with the appearance of this 32nd studio album. His last, Love and Theft, was released on 11 September, 2001, and the reference on the title track of the new record to 'all the ladies in Washington scrambling to get out of town' might lead some to speculate that Dylan has been brooding on the events of that fateful day. Similarly, while the title of the song 'Workingman's Blues' pays an obvious debt to Merle Haggard, with whom Dylan recently toured, and his record of that name, it's the line 'I got a brand new suit and brand new wife' that will have the gossips' tongues wagging in the light of Dylan's uncertain matrimonial status. But, inevitably, the songs elude strict interpretation, and instead the listener is left to contemplate the grander themes of nature and mortality.

The new album may be Dylan's first for half a decade, but in the interim he has starred in the film Masked and Anonymous, written the best-selling Chronicles, appeared in the Martin Scorsese documentaries devoted to his early career and is currently hosting his own show on XM satellite radio in America. Then there is his relentless touring schedule, which this week brought him to Britain for two shows in Cardiff and Bournemouth.

None of the 10 new songs from Modern Times has been played live yet, but the expectation is that this will change after the record's release on 28 August. Dylan rehearsed at the Bardavon 1869 Opera House in Poughkeepsie, upstate New York, in late January and early February, before recording the album in a Manhattan studio.

Steve Barnett, chairman of Columbia Records, said that the company was 'approaching Modern Times as the third release in an outstanding trilogy of recorded works along with Time Out Of Mind and Love And Theft'. The new album certainly has a similarly rootsy sound to its predecessors. Among the 10 tracks are at least three pieces that many will see as masterpieces: 'Working Man's Blues', 'Netty Moore' and 'Ain't Talkin', Just Walkin'.'

· Caspar Llewellyn Smith is the editor of Observer Music Monthly.

3rd July 2006 07:41 AM
glencar Alicia Keys had a big hit with "Falling" which I quite liked.
3rd July 2006 10:40 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Alicia Keys had a big hit with "Falling" which I quite liked.

Humiliating...
3rd July 2006 12:56 PM
glencar Joshy, whyi sit humiliating? I've always liked a good bluesy ballad. It's not like it's jazz or klezmer!
3rd July 2006 01:05 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, whyi sit humiliating? I've always liked a good bluesy ballad. It's not like it's jazz or klezmer!

I don't like it.....
3rd July 2006 01:07 PM
glencar My neice sang a nice version of it. she also sang that song Heaven by alleged rocker Brian Adams.
3rd July 2006 01:09 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
My neice sang a nice version of it. she also sang that song Heaven by alleged rocker Brian Adams.

I'm sorry !!! What did you do??? Did you sing along???
3rd July 2006 01:10 PM
glencar I read a Newsweek I'd brought with me for the second song. You'll do likewise for Brooke Heather yrs from now!
3rd July 2006 01:11 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I read a Newsweek I'd brought with me for the second song. You'll do likewise for Brooke Heather yrs from now!

My sons refused to sing Beatles songs at the school play...I taught them well. They hate the Beatles understand that they were a girly group.
3rd July 2006 01:14 PM
glencar Oblidi Oblada? I hate that song.
3rd July 2006 01:14 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
My neice sang a nice version of it. she also sang that song Heaven by alleged rocker Brian Adams.

The only Adams that rocks now is Ryan.

These days Bryan cuts like a butterknife.
3rd July 2006 01:15 PM
glencar
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

The only Adams that rocks now is Ryan.

These days Bryan cuts like a butterknife.

I couldn't argue with that. I loved his video for New York & he did a nice job opening for the Stones. Although I think he was drunk...
3rd July 2006 01:16 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oblidi Oblada? I hate that song.

I hate everything about the Beatles. Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelein.
3rd July 2006 01:22 PM
glencar I like Hey I Wish you Were Here by PF.
3rd July 2006 01:25 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I like Hey I Wish you Were Here by PF.

You sanf "heaven" by Brian Adams???
3rd July 2006 01:27 PM
glencar I'm not sure what "sanf" signifies. But I don't like the song although my niece has a nice voice.
3rd July 2006 01:28 PM
glencar
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Safe bet that RA was sauced.
His tendency to overindulge in the vino and who knows what else certainly has done little to help the hit or miss nature of his shows, and his rep as an enfant terrible.

He claims to have cleaned up after a run of disatrous West Coast shows.
Good for him - and his fans - if it's true.

I'm seeing him and The Cardinals in a coupla weeks.
Can't wait.

Is he the Ron Woods of indie guys?
3rd July 2006 01:28 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm not sure what "sanf" signifies. But I don't like the song although my niece has a nice voice.

Did you sing along? Did you sing anything embarrassing lately?
What are they singing at the World Cup? I hear this songs from the crowd?
3rd July 2006 01:31 PM
glencar I only sanf along at Stones concerts.
3rd July 2006 01:32 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is he the Ron Woods of indie guys?

RA can be a real ugly drunk.
See Philly 05.
3rd July 2006 01:33 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I only sanf along at Stones concerts.

Did you move..like shake???? Nod your head? Tap your fingers? dance???
3rd July 2006 01:34 PM
glencar
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

RA can be a real ugly drunk.
See Philly 05.

He seemed fun drunk in Pittsburgh. I hate nasty drunks. They do us no favors.
3rd July 2006 01:35 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Did you move..like shake???? Nod your head? Tap your fingers? dance???

Um, no. I did however buy an ice cream cake after the concert.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)