ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan US Tour Dates (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
29th June 2006 07:09 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle From livedaily.com:
For the third summer in a row, folk/rock legend Bob Dylan will mount a tour of minor-league ballparks throughout the US, in the midst of which he'll release a new studio album.
The outing, dubbed The Bob Dylan Show, gets underway in mid-August, and is scheduled to make stops in 17 ballparks by early September. Tickets, which go on sale next month, will be priced at $49.50, and children under 12 get in free with each adult ticket holder, according to organizers. On-sale dates are included in the itinerary below.

Joining Dylan and his band on the run will be guitarist Jimmie Vaughan--brother of the late Stevie Ray Vaughan--featuring veteran roadhouse singer Lou Ann Barton and Austin-based musician Junior Brown, who plays "a demonic hybrid 'guit-steel' instrument, a combination 6-string electric guitar and pedal steel guitar, a device he cooked up one night in a dream," according to a press release.

Elana James, who fronted the country-swing trio Hot Club of Cowtown, will open the show backed by her new band, The Continental Two.

On Aug. 29, Dylan issues "Modern Times," his 44th album and first new set in five years.

According to Columbia Records, the album features 10 new Dylan originals he recorded this winter with his touring band--guitarists Stu Kimball and Denny Freeman, multi-instrumentalist Donnie Herron, bassist Tony Garnier and drummer George Recile. Dylan sang and played keyboards, guitars, and harmonica.

Though "Modern Times" will mark Dylan's first new album in five years, he has kept busy in the interim by touring extensively. His profile has been especially high in recent years, thanks to the 2004 release of the first volume of his memoirs, "Chronicles," as well as last year's Martin Scorsese-directed film "No Direction Home," which documented Dylan's early career.

August 2006
12 - Comstock Park, MI - Fifth Third Ballpark (on sale 7/8)
13 - Columbus, OH - Cooper Stadium (on sale 7/8)
15 - Lexington, KY - Applebee's Park (on sale 7/8)
17 - Augusta, GA - Lake Olmstead Stadium (on sale 7/8)
18 - Winston-Salem, NC - Ernie Shore Field (on sale 7/8)
19 - Frederick, MD - Harry Grove Stadium (on sale 7/8)
20 - Washington, PA - Falconi Field (on sale 7/15)
23 - Reading, PA - First Energy Stadium (on sale 7/15)
24 - Pawtucket, RI - McCoy Stadium (on sale 7/15)
26 - Pittsfield, MA - Wahconah Park (on sale 7/8)
27 - Manchester, NH - Merchantsauto.com Stadium (on sale 7/8)
29 - New Britain, CT - New Britain Stadium (on sale 7/15)
30 - Rochester, NY - Frontier Field (on sale 7/15)

September 2006
1 - Wappingers Falls, NY - Dutchess Stadium (on sale 7/15)
2 - Cooperstown, NY - Doubleday Field (on sale 7/15)
3 - University Park, PA - Medlar Field at Lubrano Park
5 - Fort Wayne, IN - Memorial Stadium (on sale 7/22)
29th June 2006 07:10 PM
glencar Boy, he's really playing the sticks! I can't make any of these shows.
29th June 2006 07:18 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
Boy, he's really playing the sticks! I can't make any of these shows.

Show in Bridgewater NJ has been rumored at Boblinks.
Might drop that one in between the August PA dates.
[Edited by Left Shoe Shuffle]
29th June 2006 07:20 PM
glencar Will he add other dates? And is Applebee's Park named for that restaurant chain? LOL
29th June 2006 07:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Joining Dylan and his band on the run will be guitarist Jimmie Vaughan--brother of the late Stevie Ray Vaughan--featuring veteran roadhouse singer Lou Ann Barton and Austin-based musician Junior Brown, who plays "a demonic hybrid 'guit-steel' instrument, a combination 6-string electric guitar and pedal steel guitar, a device he cooked up one night in a dream,"

HOLY FCUCK!!

as if Dylans band wasnt smokin hot enough - he's gonna throw Junior Brown in the mix!!! HOT DAMN! Cant wait to hear Junior and Donnie Heron doing a steel duel!! And JV in for some added muscle. Nice.
29th June 2006 07:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Will he add other dates? And is Applebee's Park named for that restaurant chain? LOL

as that tour is over the week after his album comes out, I would imagine he'll do a tour of major markets later in the year, by which time he'll be playing the new songs
29th June 2006 07:28 PM
Saint Sway Gazza,
all this band is missing is T-Bone Burnett

j/k
29th June 2006 07:29 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
Will he add other dates? And is Applebee's Park named for that restaurant chain? LOL

Could be.
Peoria IL is another rumored site, and Pagel's info is usually very reliable.
Maybe after 9/5 in Ft. Wayne IN.

Yep, Applebee's Park is named after the restaurant.
Same place where Roger Clemens made his first comeback start.

Beats Dunkin' Donuts Arena though, doesn't it??
29th June 2006 07:31 PM
glencar LOL Although people around here love Dunkin's coffee.
29th June 2006 07:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Gazza,
all this band is missing is T-Bone Burnett

j/k

has he left again? LOL

That does look to be a helluva band if the way youre reading it is the case. Are you sure though that theyre not an opening act instead of extra/new personnel to Bob's existing band? Maybe they just play on a few numbers...seems very strange
29th June 2006 07:39 PM
pdog Bob come west... I know he will, would love to see him out here in The Fall. hopefully he'll be playing when The Stones are, so I can find an excuse to blow off The Stones!
29th June 2006 07:42 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
HOLY FCUCK!!

as if Dylans band wasnt smokin hot enough - he's gonna throw Junior Brown in the mix!!! HOT DAMN! Cant wait to hear Junior and Donnie Heron doing a steel duel!! And JV in for some added muscle. Nice.

Steady.
JV and Lou Ann Barton have got their own thing going - Jimmy Vaughn's Tilt-a-Whirl Band.
Nice to see that Junior'll be joining them, and of course the possibility of him and his guit-steel sitting in with Da Zim is there...
29th June 2006 07:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

has he left again? LOL

That does look to be a helluva band if the way youre reading it is the case. Are you sure though that theyre not an opening act instead of extra/new personnel to Bob's existing band? Maybe they just play on a few numbers...seems very strange

ya know what. I totally read that wrong. Fuckin buzz kill. They're the openers.

But thats still cool. Junior is fun. Jimmy played on Under The Red Sky... so maybe he'll get them both up to jam at some point.

quick ques for ya Gazza: what year of the NET did they start wearing the matching hats & suits??
29th June 2006 07:47 PM
TomL Washington, PA that is in the middle of no where. But he is bringing it to the working class people. I grew up about 20 miles from there.
29th June 2006 07:48 PM
pdog Nothing in New Jersey...
29th June 2006 07:50 PM
Saint Sway I would of loved to of been at the meeting and seen the look on faces when Bob very dryly said "I think we should strictly play minor league baseball parks only"
29th June 2006 07:51 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I would of loved to of been at the meeting and seen the look on faces when Bob very dryly said "I think we should strictly play minor league baseball parks only"

He's done this before... I think...
I'm old and burnt out, maybe I imagined it...
29th June 2006 07:54 PM
Saint Sway he's been doing it the past 3 summers I think. 1st one with Willie. Then with Merle. Or somethin like that. I'm burnt too. Forgot what I had for breakfast already.
29th June 2006 08:03 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
pdog wrote:
Nothing in New Jersey...

Yet...

Somerset Patriots are on the road 8/21 - 8/24, so imo that rumored Bridgewater show seems a good bet.

And Montclair, where Dylan and Willie played a sublime show last summer, is also, in RO parlance, wide open.
29th June 2006 08:17 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
pdog wrote:
He's done this before... I think...
I'm old and burnt out, maybe I imagined it...

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
he's been doing it the past 3 summers I think. 1st one with Willie. Then with Merle. Or somethin like that. I'm burnt too. Forgot what I had for breakfast already.

Yeah ,you're both burnt.
First line of the article mentions that this is the third summer in a row that Dylan's doing a minor league ballpark jaunt.
Previous two were with Willie & Family.

Merle & The Strangers were the opener in Spring 05 and Spring 06.
29th June 2006 08:20 PM
Saint Sway wait... what band are we talkin about?
29th June 2006 08:34 PM
kahoosier THE STICKS??? LOL I grew up in Fort Wayne Indiana, there are aboiut 250,000. Not really the sticks, but no place to really visit on vacation either unless to see family.
29th June 2006 08:50 PM
glencar Didn't mean to touch a raw nerve. I once lived in the sticks (Amherst, OH).
29th June 2006 09:08 PM
pdog
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Yeah ,you're both burnt.

You gotta rub it in... LOL!
Have you seen my puppy, he's gay!
29th June 2006 09:54 PM
PartyDoll MEG Playing Cowtown- oh I'll be nice and say Columbus!! I was hoping a little later, so I could hear new stuff. Oh well- I'll be there...
29th June 2006 09:55 PM
pdog
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Playing Cowtown- oh I'll be nice and say Columbus!! I was hoping a little later, so I could hear new stuff. Oh well- I'll be there...

I'm sure he'll throw out some new stuff...
29th June 2006 10:38 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Yet...

Somerset Patriots are on the road 8/21 - 8/24, so imo that rumored Bridgewater show seems a good bet.

And Montclair, where Dylan and Willie played a sublime show last summer, is also, in RO parlance, wide open.

This would be incredible!!! I live in Bridgewater & know the owner of the Somerset Patriots!!!! PLEASE LET THIS DATE COME TRUE!!!
30th June 2006 01:32 AM
keefjunkie 20 - Washington, PA - Falconi Field (on sale 7/15)

I get to see BOB DYLAN!
30th June 2006 04:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm sure he'll throw out some new stuff...

Going on past form, I'd be very surprised if the summer tour sees any of the new songs

Still a show very much worth going to see, though
30th June 2006 06:28 AM
Nellcote Pawtucket RI is in my back yard.
One of the best AAA baseball stadiums in the land.
This is sizing up nicely.
Might I speculate Vaughan & Brown
maybe players on the new lp?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)