ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How tall was Brian? Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th June 2006 01:54 AM
corgi37 I'm only 5ft 6 or so, and Egon and Daethgod had no problem with me!!!!!
30th June 2006 03:45 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

In metres, centimetres and kg please...?

-Mick Jagger = Height - 1.78 /Weight - 63,5 kg
-Keith Richards = Height - 1.78 /Weight - 62,6 kg
-Charlie Watts = Height - 1.73 /Weight - 62,6 kg
-Ronnie Wood = Height - 1.75 /Weight - 63,5 kg
-Bill Wyman = Height - 1.73 /Weight - 62,1 kg

Approximately They're short little fellows, aren't they? Hobbit Stones God, I'm sorry, didn't mean that.
[Edited by FotiniD]
30th June 2006 08:26 AM
sssoul the traffic ticket Keith got Fordyce Arkansas in 1975 gives his height as 5'10" and his weight as 135 pounds; in some recent interview he said he's "5 foot nine and a half inches and not getting any taller". from my face-to-face judgement that seems right; and it's not what i'd call short - just not especially tall. i guess we always just expect them to be towering because ... well, because they are! :E but that's on the inside; on the outside, the Stones are all very finely-made. nowadays Mick appears to be slightly taller than Keith; Brian and Bill were noticeably shorter than the others. if i had to guess i'd say they were both maybe 5'8".

30th June 2006 10:07 AM
MrPleasant Can someone open Brian's coffen and verify?

Thank you.
30th June 2006 12:32 PM
GhostofBrianJones There is going to be an investigation on Brian, maybe we will know more than
that then.
30th June 2006 04:12 PM
tumbling dice
I donīt know... I saw them in front of the hotel in Hamburg 2003,10 metres from me .Ronnie looks very skinny and heīs got 60 kg in maximum and heīs a little short , like 1,70 cm.Mick and Keith maybe got 1,76cm.
30th June 2006 06:16 PM
Twostoned
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
There is going to be an investigation on Brian, maybe we will know more than
that then.

I wait with bated breath.
30th June 2006 06:25 PM
glencar
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Can someone open Brian's coffen and verify?

Thank you.

I'm sure this was meant as a joke but there are enough nuts on these boards to do just that. They've bought & sold the pool tiles of the pool he drowned in, they traipsed all over Cheltenham & they've started odd petitions. Be careful what you post. Not everyone is as sane as us.
30th June 2006 06:44 PM
DJAsh Theres a theory that most rock stars are short, slim and with largeish heads.Little girls like that kinda stuff.

Brian fitted the bill.

The Stones are all fairly short, dapper blokes.

Ian Stewart was pushed away from the cameras because he wasn't.
30th June 2006 07:14 PM
Sophia Graves in some interview:

interviewer:
"brian, how tall are you?"

brian:
"five feet eight inches...but people think i'm even shorter."
30th June 2006 09:03 PM
monkeyman62 no way mick is 140 pounds, 130 at most, and yes he is 5 feet 10 inches tall with a 28 waist, he said that one himself
30th June 2006 09:16 PM
StickyFishFingers
quote:
glencar wrote:
Men don't get osteoporosis.

yes they do. my poor old Dad has it as a result of having to take Rheumatoid Arthritis medication for the last 10 years.
[Edited by StickyFishFingers]
30th June 2006 09:24 PM
MrPleasant The thing about Brian is that he was an extremely tall person. You don't really feel like talking bad about someone that's had such a miserable time at the circus. But he did give everyone else an extremely miserable ride. Anyway, there was something very, very disturbed about him and the roof's ventilator. He was very unhappy with the ceiling, very frustrated. He was very skinny, like a noodle, but he was a very paranoid personality and not at all suited to be inside of a room (laughs).
-Mick Jagger, 1945
30th June 2006 09:36 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
The thing about Brian is that he was an extremely tall person. You don't really feel like talking bad about someone that's had such a miserable time at the circus. But he did give everyone else an extremely miserable ride. Anyway, there was something very, very disturbed about him and the roof's ventilator. He was very unhappy with the ceiling, very frustrated. He was very skinny, like a noodle, but he was a very paranoid personality and not at all suited to be inside of a room (laughs).
-Mick Jagger, 1945

1945.. haha, sounds like jagger was wearing the ss-uniform instead of brian.
30th June 2006 10:07 PM
Soldatti
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
-Mick Jagger = Height - 1.78 /Weight - 63,5 kg
-Keith Richards = Height - 1.78 /Weight - 62,6 kg
-Charlie Watts = Height - 1.73 /Weight - 62,6 kg
-Ronnie Wood = Height - 1.75 /Weight - 63,5 kg
-Bill Wyman = Height - 1.73 /Weight - 62,1 kg

Approximately They're short little fellows, aren't they? Hobbit Stones God, I'm sorry, didn't mean that.
[Edited by FotiniD]

Thanks!!
30th June 2006 10:34 PM
FrankiePeppers
quote:
glencar wrote:
Men don't get osteoporosis.

But some act like they're going through menopause!
30th June 2006 10:45 PM
glencar Yes, it's been a tough day for some!
30th June 2006 11:52 PM
kath not tall enough to stand tippy toe in the deep end, apparently.....
3rd July 2006 01:44 AM
Zack Brian may have been short, but his nickname was Dixie Normous.

I think the Davis book tells the story where Mick would roll video footage at dinner parties shot after for the in-drag session for HYSYMBSITS, when "Flossie" lifted his skirt while the camera was still rolling and wanked off while the assembled ladies gawked at his dimensions. "Like a little tripod."
3rd July 2006 06:16 AM
Avalon
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

In metres, centimetres and kg please...?

wow theyr all very small guys hehe
[Edited by Avalon]
3rd July 2006 09:52 AM
rollmops Once I spoke we Bill wyman. I am 5.7 (1m70)and bill is shorter than me. He must be 5.5. Once I came close enough to Mick. He seemed to be a little shorter than me maybe 5.6. Once I came close to keith and he seemed a little taller 5.8.
Rock and roll make those guys look like giants, which they are as far as talent is concerned but physically they are rather small. I am too so I have no problem with that. In fact i think a skinny rock and roll dude or chick looks better on stage than a tall or big person.
Mops
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)