ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris Return to archive
29th June 2006 12:23 PM
Dan Got those free ticket vibes again so I headed up to Citywalk to see what was going on. Some comps were floating around though not as many as the weekend shows. Scored a free $85 ticket much closer than where the comps usually put me. Sound was pristine, show was very enjoyable though I only knew about 3 or 4 songs. With all these free concerts I am having a harder time justifying spending the $20-80 on Stones tickets.
29th June 2006 01:16 PM
GimmeExile I heard a song from their new album on KLOS and it sounded so great I almost went to the show based on hearing that one song only one time.

Please tell me more details about getting comps at Citwalk...
29th June 2006 01:25 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I heard a song from their new album on KLOS and it sounded so great I almost went to the show based on hearing that one song only one time.

First off, you gotta check Ticketmaster, and draw your conclusions based on best closest single and best 8 together and 8 together in all prices. If its sufficiently wide open then there should be comps available.

Show up about 60-75 mins before showtime to be safe and allow yourself plenty of time to gauge the dynamics of that particular scene.

Comps aren't actual tickets but blue vouchers that are traded in at the box office for tickets. This is usually done at a separate window than sales and will call. If you see people trading in the blue vouchers, then comps exist.

You can just start asking people if they have an extra (either voucher or ticket). When people with tickets ask if you need one, tell them you are looking for a free one. Sometimes they will get downright offended. Once you have an actual free one you can also rub it in their face while they are still trying to sell theirs. Or, as was the case last night, someone with a $85 extra a lot closer didn't want to hassle trying to sell it so she just gave it to me.

This doesn't happen at every show, just the ones that aren't selling well (which this year might very well be every one). They aren't good seats either usually they are under the overhang. If thats the case, I just go upstairs to the balcony.

So far this year I got comps for Blondie/New Cars, Ringo and this one. Last year I paid $5 to a Hot Topic employee for a comp Danzig ticket.

You really should have gone last night.
29th June 2006 01:43 PM
GimmeExile Thanks, Dan! I know, I really wish I had gone. This week has been crazy with great shows--multiple nights of Beck, Widespread Panic and Radiohead. I'm still searching for a single to one of the Pearl Jam shows at the Forum.

Last week I scored 5th row tickets to the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Forum at the end of August.

Hey, what are the chances of getting into one of the three Roger Waters shows at the Hollywood Bowl for free?
29th June 2006 01:56 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Thanks, Dan! I know, I really wish I had gone. This week has been crazy with great shows--multiple nights of Beck, Widespread Panic and Radiohead. I'm still searching for a single to one of the Pearl Jam shows at the Forum.

Just pulled Loge 32 row B for the 2nd show. Threw it back, it might still be there.

quote:

Last week I scored 5th row tickets to the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Forum at the end of August.

Thats an awesome score!

quote:

Hey, what are the chances of getting into one of the three Roger Waters shows at the Hollywood Bowl for free?

Not sure - you would have either try to sneak in or make a very convincing pitch to someone holding. Dont think they will be handing them out but the 3rd show looks pretty wide open for now.

Linda Rondstadt at Universal also looks wide open. As does James Gang but thats over 2 months off. Gwar looks tempting if I am home that weekend.
29th June 2006 03:59 PM
SheRat
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I heard a song from their new album on KLOS and it sounded so great I almost went to the show based on hearing that one song only one time.

I heard this in a store and thought--who the fuck is she singing with now? That sounds like fucking Mark Knopfler. Then I racked my brains for who in what dumb, new y'allternative outfit sounds like Mark Knopfler. Thank God it's the original and not some brat-assed copy who dates Winona Ryder...
30th June 2006 12:48 PM
mac_daddy my friend taped the gig @ the universal ampitheater last night...

download it here (ezt/dad)

30th June 2006 01:18 PM
Dan
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
my friend taped the gig @ the universal ampitheater last night...

Yeah I got it too, most of it sounds mint but one song needs to be fixed where I must've accidentally bumped the connections or something. Not sure when or if I will be able to fix it.
30th June 2006 01:52 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
my friend taped the gig @ the universal ampitheater last night...

Thanks, macdaddy!

So, was that Springsteen's "Born to Run" they played?
30th June 2006 08:26 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
So, was that Springsteen's "Born to Run" they played?

Not the same.
It's a tune written by Emmylou's ex-husband, Paul Kennerley.

1st July 2006 11:21 AM
Martha I've had their new CD for a while now and really love it.

I've sent a few CD's out as gifts....and would love to catch this tour.

:-)
3rd July 2006 12:16 PM
jb This must have been a snoozefest, no???
3rd July 2006 12:24 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
This must have been a snoozefest, no???

Sort of but I knew that going in. Much older average age than even a Stones gig, only a handful under 50, everyone seated. But it wasn't really a rock gig so the atmosphere was still pleasant. Other than 1 song that needs to be remastered somehow, the tape is mint.
3rd July 2006 12:25 PM
Fiji Joe You guys have convinced me to give this CD a try...tonight I rock!

3rd July 2006 01:26 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
You guys have convinced me to give this CD a try...tonight I rock!

Not at Kemper you don't

Let's see ....... Omaha's brand spankin' new , twenty - TWO thousand seat , state - of - the - art , unfrigginbelievable QWEST CENTER ARENA has stolen away the following concerts from Kansas City :

Eric Clapton
U2
Simon & Garfunkel
Rolling Stones
Paul McCartney
Fleetwood Mac
The Eagles
The Who
Barbra Streisand ( coming soon )

Oh , the Humanity !!!!!!!

J. " Snuggles " Fly !
3rd July 2006 01:28 PM
Fiji Joe RIP Omaha...

3rd July 2006 01:30 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
RIP Omaha...

You make Joey shudder !!!!!!!!!!
3rd July 2006 02:00 PM
glencar Whatever the hit single is (!) is frequently played on FUV.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)