ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What is acceptable rock'n'roll behaviour? Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th June 2006 03:14 PM
keefkid
quote:
jb wrote:

That's what I thought...Keith has alwasy been an image more than a reality. The truth be told, he seems like a grumpy old man these days...atleast back then, he could play like a mother fucker!!!

i dont think keith set it up...dont you ever play around when your friends are passed out?

and face it, the blow is there and alot of it...you stay up for days on coke, you tend to fade away in the middle of things at times...

i think many others have created the image for him really...

i dont think he's a grumpy old man at all, the smile is always still there on stage and it doesnt look forced to me...of course he could play better when he was younger, i know i could do LOTS of things better when i was younger...
29th June 2006 03:56 PM
jb Maybe...They all seem a bit uptight at times. Keith, imo, is far my innocent then we have been led to beleive....the drug myths are just that, myths...
29th June 2006 06:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Jagger letting Timberlake onstage in Toronto....Unacceptable behavior?
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
29th June 2006 09:17 PM
keefkid
quote:
jb wrote:
Maybe...They all seem a bit uptight at times. Keith, imo, is far my innocent then we have been led to beleive....the drug myths are just that, myths...

????

what myth might that be??? That the Stones used drugs???You really find it hard to believe he had that kind of stash around back then?

plzzzzzzzz...geez that was a normal weekend for me back then...

can i ask, dont take this wrong but... how old are you?

everyone partied hardy back in the '70's dear... dontcha know that??? coke was GOOD for you...

haaaa
29th June 2006 09:18 PM
keefkid
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Jagger letting Timberlake onstage in Toronto....Unacceptable behavior?
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

YES!
29th June 2006 09:22 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Maybe...They all seem a bit uptight at times. Keith, imo, is far my innocent then we have been led to beleive....the drug myths are just that, myths...

Heroin and cocaine were a food group to Keith.
29th June 2006 09:38 PM
keefkid
quote:
pdog wrote:

Heroin and cocaine were a food group to Keith.

really...

hard for me to believe that someone into the Stones thinks the fact they used ALOT of drugs is a myth...thats why i asked the age thing, i dont think some of the younger fans get it, i really dont...

i missed the 60's so i can only imagine how it was back then but i've seen Woodstock & Gimme Shelter and i dont think either was 'staged'...

but the 70's & 80's were a weird and wild time that is for sure... drugs were everywhere and everyone was doing them... lots of them...

im not young despite my screen name here, its keefkid becuz i am keef's luv child...born the day they formed the band, April 1962...

haaaaaaaaa
29th June 2006 09:39 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
theres enough coke on that mirror to stay awake while reading a thread about Pug's sales trip

Um, judging from Keith's state, I doubt that it's coke.
29th June 2006 09:43 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

A pile of cocaine is trumped by a big shot of heroin...
I'm just euphoric recalling!
29th June 2006 09:45 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

A pile of cocaine is trumped by a big shot of heroin...
I'm just euphoric recalling!

Good times!
29th June 2006 09:46 PM
Saint Sway sounds like a junkie game of rock, paper, scissorrs
29th June 2006 09:49 PM
GotToRollMe I'm getting high just looking at that big pile of mystery powder!
29th June 2006 09:49 PM
keefkid
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

its coke... you dont leave that much H just lying around like that... believe me...i am sure keef guarded his H supply a little more careful then that... plus, its cut into lines, keith was skin popping or jacking H, NOBODY snorted H back then, it wasnt pure enough...

i said it above, you stay up for days on coke and you will nod off once in awhile, your body just shuts down, not for long but it does...

my guess is that stash was sitting on the dresser or on a table in the room he was in, so when he woke up he always had a snort.. he laid down on the bed and dozed off and others in the room put it on him and snapped the pic...

30th June 2006 05:07 AM
FotiniD Maybe he wasn't even passed out, perhaps the camera caught the moment when he was feeling out of it. Just snorted or something like that.

I'm not very fond of seeing Keith like that though. All the mystique and rock 'n' roll junkie stuff. Not too good for him if you really think about it objectively and not standing from a distance of 30 years later. Wonder how we'd all feel about it if we saw that pic the time it was taken.
30th June 2006 08:07 AM
sssoul well ... plenty of people did regularly see photos a lot like that one shortly after they were taken. it occurred to me during the scary bits this last may how out of practice we've gotten being worried about Keith - during most of the 70s it was a more steady-state sort of fear, but it was hair-raising all right.

anyway i remember reading somewhere that the scenario Keefkid posits for the shot was right: someone decided it would be amusing to put the mirror on Keith's lap for that shot. what a riot.

all kinds of love & blessings & well-being on Keith, for good.
30th June 2006 09:05 AM
keefkid
quote:
sssoul wrote:
well ... plenty of people did regularly see photos a lot like that one shortly after they were taken. it occurred to me during the scary bits this last may how out of practice we've gotten being worried about Keith - during most of the 70s it was a more steady-state sort of fear, but it was hair-raising all right.

anyway i remember reading somewhere that the scenario Keefkid posits for the shot was right: someone decided it would be amusing to put the mirror on Keith's lap for that shot. what a riot.

all kinds of love & blessings & well-being on Keith, for good.

yaaaa i knew it... i probably have a few similar pics stashed away somewhre... a real riot yes, but no one really understood how dangerous drugs were back then, even when people were dropping around them...

keiths image is just because he partyed alot and survived while others did not, i knew plent of people back then who couldnt handle anything or were just STUPID and others who could go for days..and days.. and days..

but, those days are way behind him and many of us too... its really a miracle so many of us did survive...

sorry, the title of this thread asked for it but maybe the title of this post should have been "Former Acceptable Rock & Roll Behaviour"

haaa
30th June 2006 09:11 AM
keefkid
quote:
sssoul wrote:
well ... plenty of people did regularly see photos a lot like that one shortly after they were taken.

yaaaa and back then people thought it was cool or funny or dammmmmm wish i was there... or maybe that was just the people i hung around with i dont know, but it certainly was the attitude of the r&r media, read some old Creem and Rolling Stones magazines... i was never afraid of drugs back then at all, death was just something that happened to people who weren't careful or couldnt handle their high, that was the attitude...

gotta love the '70's....
30th June 2006 09:48 AM
MrPleasant It's only acceptable when I say so. And will someone please kill George Bush the III? Thank you.
30th June 2006 09:57 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
keefkid wrote:

its coke... you dont leave that much H just lying around like that... believe me...i am sure keef guarded his H supply a little more careful then that... plus, its cut into lines, keith was skin popping or jacking H, NOBODY snorted H back then, it wasnt pure enough...

You must be new.
30th June 2006 10:44 AM
keefkid
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

You must be new.

????

ahhhh ... no....
30th June 2006 10:48 AM
MrPleasant It's acceptable if you saw it on MTV or of chicks dig you.

One way or the other, they will blow you.
30th June 2006 10:53 AM
keefkid
quote:
keefkid wrote:

????

ahhhh ... no....

ohhhhhhhhh i get it...

ok maybe i should have said it this way:

nobody I KNEW snorted H, it wasnt pure enough...im sure keefs H was plenty pure...

but i bet he didnt snort it...
30th June 2006 06:11 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
keefkid wrote:

????

ahhhh ... no....

Just kidding.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)