ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger's family theft Return to archive
29th June 2006 08:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels JAGGER'S FAMILY THEFT
Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2006-06-29 09:35:47 -

SIR MICK JAGGER's socialite daughter JADE JAGGER admits she has stolen tons of LPs from her dad's record collection.

The 34-year-old jewellery designer grew up obsessed with music, thanks to her father's career with THE ROLLING STONES.

She says, "I always stole my Dad's records.
"Dad got me into THE CLASH. But I love that Ibiza (chilled out dance music) vibe too.

"Music is my one major habit. Sometimes I think I need to have a break, but I just can't help it."

29th June 2006 09:38 AM
Gazza Thats the ticket prices through the roof again next time around - someone has to pay for it!

However, as she likes The Clash, it appears she has been brought up well, even though shes a thief.
[Edited by Gazza]
29th June 2006 10:27 AM
glencar She's still hot!
29th June 2006 08:14 PM
texile the clash - excellent taste..
29th June 2006 08:15 PM
Saint Sway big deal.

I stole her virginity.
29th June 2006 08:51 PM
glencar with yer pinky finger? You sicko!
30th June 2006 10:12 AM
Bruno Mick likes Clash?
30th June 2006 10:16 AM
MrPleasant Will someone please steal Elizabeth Jagger?

Thank you.
30th June 2006 11:16 AM
texile
here's one from a few years ago...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jade Jagger

Each month, our Record Doctor takes her stethoscope, checks out a new patient's record collection, offers a diagnosis - and prescribes a cure.

Win Jade Jagger's musical prescription

Polly Vernon
Sunday September 21, 2003
The Observer

Jade Jagger - jewellery designer, Ibiza-dweller, semi-reformed wild child and daughter of Mick, definitive rocker - likes her music. 'Music is my single, most important habit,' she says. 'It's in my house, in my car, it's in the office. I've pretty much always got it going on. Sometimes I think, my God, I've got to take a break! Overexposed!'. She runs, inevitably, with a hip, creative crowd, many of whom are musicians, who give her their material, make recommendations and 'collect 12-inches for me because it's impossible for me to get them in Ibiza.' She's particularly into DJ, producer and remixer Mark Ronson right now, but also Bach and BeyoncÀ. Jagger also admits to owning 'a lot of Best ofs, and one dreadful Urban Flavas compilation which I play all the time in the car at the moment. The girls love it.' She is, in short, a woman with wide-ranging tastes whose record collection arguably lacks direction, and certainly requires focus. Record Doctor caught the first flight from Stansted to offer help.
Jagger's Ibizan estate, an artfully converted finca in the north of the island, encompasses a big split-level outhouse which is part studio, part disco space. A vast glitter ball dangles from the ceiling; turntables and a mixer sit on a central desk and four vast speakers dominate the space. Her thousands upon thousands of 12-inches, albums and CDs ('True music lovers aren't meant to have CDs, are they?') silt up the walls of the room. She's categorised them: 'By genre, obviously, then by artist, in alphabetical order. How else do you do it?' Neat labels, which Jagger spent hours typing up herself, subdivide hip hop from R 'n' B, reggae from ragga, Classic R'n'B Mastercuts 2 from Curtis Mayfield's soundtrack to Superfly. A very small greyhound is absentmindedly chewing a Foxy Brown record.

'I can't think of a musical genre that I don't listen to,' Jagger says. 'Apart from easy listening, actually. And indie. Although I loved The Smiths, and... do Primal Scream count as indie? They're supporting my dad in Benidorm. Ha! What a weird combination. My dad, Primal Scream, and Benidorm!'

Early influences endure. 'My dad was always playing records, obviously, and I was always stealing them. One of the first I remember loving is Bob Dylan, 'Man Gave Names to All the Animals'. And The Clash. Dad got me into The Clash. I've always had a very broad collection.' She can't remember her first concert, she says, but she has no doubt it was a Stones gig.

Unsurprisingly, Jagger knows how to throw a good party. She warms up generally with reggae, before making the switch to hip hop, but she's got an ongoing project to introduce different kinds of music to the Ibiza scene. 'Ibiza is obsessed with house music, and it's so single minded and so drug fuelled... So next party, I want to play some blues, and some funk and some rare groove and stuff. Maybe even some country.' She doesn't DJ, she says, 'but I'm quite controlling, and so I guess I DJ in that other people play the records, and I stand in the background and dictate. And I do have a mild fantasy of becoming DJade.'

Jagger would takes tunes over lyrics every time ('Well, beats, at least') but she doesn't understand the current crop of house music. 'I grew up with house, but it was different then. More like soul music. It had lyrics. Now, I don't even know how people buy house. How do you distinguish one record from another?' She thinks the sexiest music imaginable is 'anything that falls behind time. Like Prince, or old reggae. It's like slow sex, and you're desperate for it to go faster.' Too much trance will spoil a night for her, and Lauryn Hill's The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill and Wyclef Jean featuring Mary J. Blige's '911' will make her cry. 'It's very egotistical, all that. You relate the music to you, to your relationships.' But now, she says, music mainly reminds her of her kids. 'I'll be away and listen to pop music, and it's like I'm there, seeing them do their routines in the living room.'

The diagnosis

Record Doctor applauds Jade's musical tastes - given her family background, it is no surprise that she is strong in classic rock and reggae, as well as contemporary R'n'B. But there are obvious weaknesses in her record collection and so the Doctor makes the following recommendations:

Indie

The Doctor notes Jade's appreciation of The Smiths and Primal Scream in an area in which she knows she is weak. For the ultimate in white boy guitar wig outs, from the classic 'indie' era, she might enjoy My Bloody Valentine's Loveless (Creation, 1991). Of a more recent vintage is Keep On Your Mean Side by The Kills (Domino), a boy-girl duo like The White Stripes only much cooler.

Dance

In her dismissal of contemporary dance music, The Doctor feels that Jade is, frankly, missing out and should therefore listen to this month's The Litttle Ginger Club Kid (Underwater) by Tim Deluxe.

Easy listening

A quick fix: The Capitol Years, a 21-disc box set of Frank Sinatra's finest work.

The cure

Record Doctor sent Jade Jagger the CDs recommended. 'I pity anyone who doesn't have this in their collection,' Jagger said of the Sinatra. 'There must always be an occasion for Frank.' Unfortunately, she is yet to love Tim Deluxe's album of dance tunes. 'This is just too intense... it really, really isn't my kind of party, I'm afraid to say.' As for The Kills: 'They're a bit moody and melancholic... but the jury's out.' The Doctor did, however, triumph with My Bloody Valentine: 'This would be perfect with a large glass of rioja at sunset,' she said, mystifyingly.

· For more info on Fopp, go to fopp.co.uk .

30th June 2006 11:18 AM
glencar Benidorm? What dat?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)