ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anybody Seen My Baby? Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th June 2006 02:56 PM
the good Not to put to fine a point on it, but anyone who doesn't like this song is an asshole.
28th June 2006 03:01 PM
jb Angeline Jolie=good video.
28th June 2006 03:04 PM
pdog I still get a kick out of people calling the break in the middle rap... Obviously people who say that, have no clue what rapping is... Hint, it usually rhymes!
I like this song too... Not a big favorite, but when listening to Bridges, it fits just fine, unlike the first single Streets Of Crud on A Bigger Bunghole!
28th June 2006 03:04 PM
the good
quote:
jb wrote:
Angeline Jolie=good video.

Ah, the things I would do to her! She just needs to ditch that guy she is seeing, what's his name?
[Edited by the good]
28th June 2006 03:06 PM
jb
quote:
the good wrote:

Ah, the things I would do to her!

She is the sexiest woman since Eva Longoria.
28th June 2006 03:08 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
She is the sexiest woman since Eva Longoria.

Angie is good loooking, but there's something about her that is telling me she won't age well. Eva will be hot like Raquel Welch... forever!
28th June 2006 03:14 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

Angie is good loooking, but there's something about her that is telling me she won't age well. Eva will be hot like Raquel Welch... forever!

Please post a picture of Eva!!! Please!!!
28th June 2006 09:47 PM
Soldatti The song grown on me, and the video is very catchy and kinda hot.
28th June 2006 09:54 PM
glencar Sally Fields, why is she doing Boniva ads?
28th June 2006 09:57 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sally Fields, why is she doing Boniva ads?

For the money...
What are you new?

Sorry, you are only allowed to post one message every 60 seconds. Please wait 60 seconds before posting again.
28th June 2006 10:33 PM
chevysales
quote:
the good wrote:
Not to put to fine a point on it, but anyone who doesn't like this song is an asshole.

i thought they did good versions of it at foxboro, mass both shows and the orange bowl in miami
28th June 2006 10:44 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jb wrote:

Please post a picture of Eva!!! Please!!!

29th June 2006 12:24 AM
Bloozehound besides being the Stones first stab at contemporary pop, hip-hop drivel (which they pretty much masterfully, perfected the art of on ABB) that angelina video was about the only thing that song had going for it

Love is Strong was a much better Stonesy single, it had like guitars, a wicked riff, decent lyrics, plus a killer harmonica riff, ya know, all the stuff a good Stonesy song should have

29th June 2006 02:58 AM
the good
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
besides being the Stones first stab at contemporary pop, hip-hop drivel (which they pretty much masterfully, perfected the art of on ABB) that angelina video was about the only thing that song had going for it

A-S-S-H-O-L-E EVERYBODY! A-S-S-H-O-L-E!
29th June 2006 10:42 AM
Bloozehound I know...

the truth hurts, but don't shoot the messenger
29th June 2006 10:48 AM
Some Guy I still don't get the whole it sounded like another song thing.
29th June 2006 10:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
besides being the Stones first stab at contemporary pop, hip-hop drivel (which they pretty much masterfully, perfected the art of on ABB) that angelina video was about the only thing that song had going for it

Love is Strong was a much better Stonesy single, it had like guitars, a wicked riff, decent lyrics, plus a killer harmonica riff, ya know, all the stuff a good Stonesy song should have

a song being a "Stonesy" style doesnt necessarily make it good (although LIS is a good track for all of the reasons youve stated, apart from the lyrics..)...if the Stones hadnt branched out as much as they have done down the years, they wouldnt be half the band that they are. You Got Me Rocking is a "stonesy" song, but it doesnt detract from the fact that its a throwaway.

There are great songs on pretty much every album which are a departure from the trademark Stones sound. I couldnt give a shit whether it fits some narrow sonic criteria or not - theres only two types of Stones songs anyway - good ones and bad ones.

Although not a classic, ABSMB is a very good song on its own terms, although maybe not the best choice for a first single. The second half of it is superb, and Wachtel's guitar coda at the end is the most beautiful individual piece of music on any Stones song post-Tattoo You.

I have to admit though, that it was absolutely fucking horrible when played live
29th June 2006 10:54 AM
jb
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
29th June 2006 10:57 AM
pdog
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
hip-hop drivel

I'm not a fan of hip-hop or rap, not in years have I heard anything I remotely like... I've never heard The Stones do this, where did you hear it? If you think The break in ABSMB is rap or hip hop, then you will be surprised to hear Lawrence Welk does Death Metal. Death Metal Polka, I swear!
29th June 2006 11:02 AM
Saint Sway the just reaks of them trying too hard to be contemporary. It sounds phony and desperate.

Their the fuckin Stones fer christsake - they dont need to bend over like this.
29th June 2006 11:04 AM
glencar Okay song but not doen too well live. Limp reaction from the crowd.
29th June 2006 11:29 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Okay song but not doen too well live. Limp reaction from the crowd.

Agreed..crowd did not getit at all...we have really not had a hit single since SMU...the well really dried up..hard to beleive no one really universal hitin over 25 yrs. Yet,the tourinfg rev enie must be at atound 1 billion, 300 million since 89!!!!!!!!!!
29th June 2006 11:56 AM
glencar Don't Stop wasn't a hit single but the song was well-received in concert.
29th June 2006 12:04 PM
the good
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Although not a classic, ABSMB is a very good song on its own terms, although maybe not the best choice for a first single. The second half of it is superb, and Wachtel's guitar coda at the end is the most beautiful individual piece of music on any Stones song post-Tattoo You.

Amen, brother Gazza. I love how the song builds, its like the longer the beat goes, the stronger the whole thing gets.
29th June 2006 12:05 PM
jb I would fuck Posh Spice over Jollie.....I think she is fabulous!!!
29th June 2006 12:07 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
I would fuck Posh Spice over Jollie.....I think she is fabulous!!!

I agree... Unfortunately she has a 60 second rule!
29th June 2006 12:33 PM
glencar Beckham is England's hero right now.
29th June 2006 02:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
I would fuck Posh Spice over Jollie.....I think she is fabulous!!!

I wouldnt even fuck Posh Spice with YOUR dick...
29th June 2006 02:18 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I wouldnt even fuck Posh Spice with YOUR dick...

And it wouldn't take 60 seconds!!!
29th June 2006 02:19 PM
glencar Joshy, you deleted that 60 second thread!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)