ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Amsterdam Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
28th June 2006 12:28 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we were correct again!

100% correct!!!!
28th June 2006 12:34 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

100% correct!!!!

No you are not.
28th June 2006 12:38 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

No you are not.

You are a great man and a great fan...I wish you the best my friend!!!
28th June 2006 12:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

But considering it's the very first concert Keith will appear on stage after his accident I do think it is surprising! On the other hand the Italians are not so mad at the Stones. They prefer Lou Reed.

I dont honestly see the link between the "first show after his accident" and a significant upsurge in tickets. If people werent that interested beforehand, they'll hardly be motivated now to pay money for expensive tickets

More people would have been inconvenienced by the change of date and NOT able to go to the new one than there are people who would suddenly flock to Milan for the occasion at 5 weeks notice. I would guess that there are more people in the same boat as Fotini (going to the show because the one you were meant to go to elsewhere has been cancelled) than there are fans who are going because of any significance with keith's injury or that its now the first show.

Like I said before, its harder to sell out stadium shows in Europe than the US because our stadiums are bigger, whereas our arenas are smaller than theirs. So, the leap in attendances between the two types of venues is far greater here.

You're right about Italy and the Stones. Theyve had a few problems selling tickets there since the glory days of 1982 when they sold 225,000 tickets for 3 shows in Naples and Turin - but I think they did quite well in Milan in 2003, didnt they?
28th June 2006 12:40 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

You are a great man and a great fan...I wish you the best my friend!!!

I thank you for that! Did you mean it?
28th June 2006 12:42 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I thank you for that! Did you mean it?

Yes....you , Dutch Rik and Egon where here in the beginning!!! You have been through many Stone disappointments and I feel bad for you..but there are more important things than a band,,,we must enjoy each day of life as death is the ultimate equalizer!!!
28th June 2006 12:46 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes....you , Dutch Rik and Egon where here in the beginning!!! You have been through many Stone disappointments and I feel bad for you..but there are more important things than a band,,,we must enjoy each day of life as death is the ultimate equalizer!!!

Thank you my friend. I have plans to go to the States next fall. I might just visit you!
28th June 2006 12:48 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Thank you my friend. I have plans to go to the States next fall. I might just visit you!

You have a big mediteranean home in Boca to lodge at if you ever pass theough!!!
28th June 2006 12:50 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

You have a big mediteranean home in Boca to lodge at if you ever pass theough!!!

Cool! If they let me enter. After my last visit in March, they did forget to remove the green waiverthing form my passport.
28th June 2006 12:54 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Cool! If they let me enter. After my last visit in March, they did forget to remove the green waiverthing form my passport.

nEXT SUMMER WE TRAVEL TO EUROPE....(ENGLAND, fRANCE,)-THE SUMMITT LIVES!!!!
28th June 2006 12:55 PM
pdog I will not be attending anymore Stones shows...
28th June 2006 12:58 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
I will not be attending anymore Stones shows...

Very smart..let the memeories of MSG be the last...as we talked as the man was climbing down the rope...
28th June 2006 01:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Very smart..let the memeories of MSG be the last...as we talked as the man was climbing down the rope...

he wore a cape, no??
28th June 2006 01:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

nEXT SUMMER WE TRAVEL TO EUROPE....(ENGLAND, fRANCE,)-THE SUMMITT LIVES!!!!

no summit!
28th June 2006 01:16 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

no summit!

No stones summitt..but a little ello summitt!!!
28th June 2006 01:17 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Symbolic, No?
It ends with a wimper, not a bang!
28th June 2006 01:25 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

Symbolic, No?
It ends with a wimper, not a bang!

We left in the deafening silence of the last Stones show at MSG...we did what we had to do...
28th June 2006 02:02 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

We left in the deafening silence of the last Stones show at MSG...we did what we had to do...

Well if that is to be my last memory, I'm glad I was with Pdog and jb.

LJ.
28th June 2006 02:10 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Well if that is to be my last memory, I'm glad I was with Pdog and jb.

LJ.

I strongly advised against any Amsterdam Summitt...I have not become comfortable by being wrong too often. I am very smart and have a great ability to decipher the human mind.
28th June 2006 02:12 PM
LadyJane Yes, Oh Great One!

We are all better for knowing you.

LJ.
28th June 2006 02:33 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Yes, Oh Great One!

We are all better for knowing you.

LJ.

I have greenish/gray stools...it could be nothing or a blockage of my bile ducts!!!
28th June 2006 03:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I have greenish/gray stools...it could be nothing or a blockage of my bile ducts!!!

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment. My staff of physicians has recently informed me that my prostate is in fine shape, small and smooth, but I fear they have not performed an adequate amount of tests to confirm their diagnosis. Combine this with my fear of ALS, obsessive compulsive behavior, and heightened level of paranoia;

28th June 2006 05:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Italy is not a Stones nation....they love Macca(see 500k at Coliseum)...I think aroubnf 47, 987 have sold in a 60k seat stadium???

Macca was free for fucks sake!

Even You, Joey and Pug could probably draw 50,000 to a free performance in Rome if it consisted of the three of you farting in unison into the Trevi fountain
28th June 2006 05:03 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Even You, Joey and Pug could probably draw 50,000 to a free performance in Rome if it consisted of the three of you farting in unison into the Trevi fountain

I'd join the fan club for $100.00 to get in the pre-sale for that.
28th June 2006 05:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

we could probably draw 45-49K if we charged stones prices (assuming we included a "joey meet and greet" in the VIP sections, along with a Bizarro JB t shirt, and souvenior cape.)
28th June 2006 05:08 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we could probably draw 45-49K if we charged stones prices (assuming we included a "joey meet and greet" in the VIP sections, along with a Bizarro JB t shirt, and souvenior cape.)

I came for the farts, I stayed for the cape!

Sorry, you are only allowed to post one message every 60 seconds. Please wait 60 seconds before posting again.
28th June 2006 05:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

I came for the farts, I stayed for the cape!

Sorry, you are only allowed to post one message every 60 seconds. Please wait 60 seconds before posting again.

with the amount of entertainment we provide, along with the long list of people whom jb, joey, and I have made dreams come true....the 60 second rule should be bypassed!
29th June 2006 04:12 PM
jb Amsterdam summitt only weeks away!!!! (:.....
29th June 2006 04:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Amsterdam summitt only weeks away!!!! (:.....

I eagerly await new Voodoo press conference photos!!!
29th June 2006 04:19 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I eagerly await new Voodoo press conference photos!!!

I will sponsor the Tent.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)