ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where should the Stones end their career? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th June 2006 01:34 PM
ListenToTheLion I would say London, the city where they once started. They should give their farewell concert in the proud capital of England!
27th June 2006 01:36 PM
jb

The Soldier

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco. "Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've got a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring with me." "Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know," the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mine and lost an arm an leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own." At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him.

A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed it was suicide. The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are.

Thankfully, there's Someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are. Tonight, before you tuck yourself in for the night, say a little prayer that God will give you the strength you need to accept people as they are, and to help us all be more understanding of those who are different from us!!!

Author Unknown
27th June 2006 01:36 PM
sirmoonie I think the Stones are above "Farewell" shows and tours and notions of "breaking up" - thats so 80s, man.
27th June 2006 01:39 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Their career has already ended.
27th June 2006 02:34 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

The Soldier

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco. "Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've got a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring with me." "Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know," the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mine and lost an arm an leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own." At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him.

A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed it was suicide. The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are.

Thankfully, there's Someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are. Tonight, before you tuck yourself in for the night, say a little prayer that God will give you the strength you need to accept people as they are, and to help us all be more understanding of those who are different from us!!!

Author Unknown

Thanks.
27th June 2006 02:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
I would say London, the city where they once started. They should give their farewell concert in the proud capital of England!

Horsens on September 3rd 2006
27th June 2006 02:37 PM
BILL PERKS HOW ABOUT THAT SHITHOLE IN OMAHA
27th June 2006 02:41 PM
Some Guy It will be an extravaganza for the ages! 5K a ticket in nosebleed and pay per view and its on the moon.
27th June 2006 02:45 PM
jb "Somewhere over the rainbow"....................><
27th June 2006 03:06 PM
pdog Jesus Christ: War's over, man. Ian Billen dropped the big one.
Sirmoonie: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Starbuck: Germans?
Maxlugar: Forget it, he's rolling.
Sirmoonie: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the going gets tough . . . the tough get going. Who's with me? Let's Go! Come on! AAAAEEEEEGGGHHHH!!
Fleabit: Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons. But that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Sirmoonie: We're just the guys to do it.

[Edited by LSD]
27th June 2006 03:16 PM
JesusChrist Hey, have you seen that Mel Gibson movie?
27th June 2006 03:19 PM
pdog
quote:
JesusChrist wrote:
Hey, have you seen that Mel Gibson movie?

Attack Force Z is his Swan Song!

27th June 2006 06:32 PM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
It will be an extravaganza for the ages! 5K a ticket in nosebleed and pay per view and its on the moon.

I agree. The Stones final concert, assuming they are still all together for it (ie no premature deaths), will be the most extravagant extravaganzas of all time...

maybe the Moon, maybe Jupiter,(maybe St. John) we'll see when ever they're ready to pack it in...
27th June 2006 06:34 PM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
JesusChrist wrote:
Hey, have you seen that Mel Gibson movie?

Hey Jesus,
Yes, I saw the movie...
How are the scars healing?

Love your Dad,
UGot2Rollme
27th June 2006 06:37 PM
Altamont
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:

I agree. The Stones final concert, assuming they are still all together for it (ie no premature deaths), will be the most extravagant extravaganzas of all time...

maybe the Moon, maybe Jupiter,(maybe St. John) we'll see when ever they're ready to pack it in...

Yes, in outer space on a planet! Then we could get the bootleg of it titled "The Stones lick Uranus"
27th June 2006 06:39 PM
72Tele Shit where have I been? I thought they played their last gig in the LA forum in 1975.
28th June 2006 02:01 AM
Poplar
On tape, as the closing credits of "Pirates" III... and still charge $150.

28th June 2006 02:21 AM
glencar One more mini-tour of the States & then the party's over. Hawaii?
28th June 2006 02:34 AM
corgi37 End it in Vegas in 10 years time. Alternating dates with Elton John and Celine Dion.
28th June 2006 02:53 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Sadly, I'm beginning to think this is a very possible scenario

If this turns out that way (which I'm still hoping it won't) I'm completely dumbfounded to the way they're deciding to put an end to over 40 years of a brilliant career. Is this the way they want to be remembered? The band who released the stupidest singles they could find off an otherwise good album, did basically NOTHING to promote it (in comparison) and fucked up their very last tour when the guitarist fell of a palm tree?

Sometimes I don't understand the Stones at all.
28th June 2006 02:55 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Arg too bad I cannot make it to that one. Got tix for Madonna.
28th June 2006 05:09 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
End it in Vegas in 10 years time. Alternating dates with Elton John and Celine Dion.

LOL!
a beautiful ending!!

What about Hyde park, why not??

28th June 2006 05:30 AM
egon They should end it in The Netherlands;
euthanasia is legal there.
28th June 2006 07:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
They should end it in The Netherlands;
euthanasia is legal there.

so THAT explains what's happened to their Dutch fanbase!
28th June 2006 07:24 AM
LadyJane Oh this is easy.

The Stones should end their career playing a private gig for all the regulars of the major Stones Boards ie the TRUEST MOST LOYAL FANS.

Of course, they will fly us all to some exotic locale and treat us to a week of luxury.

I believe it is now time for my morning medication.

LJ.
28th June 2006 07:40 AM
StonesChick The Stones should never announce a final show. They should just scale things back and keep playing.

Sorry for those of you who aren't going to be able to see them. That sucks.
28th June 2006 08:15 AM
TomL 10 nights at MSG
28th June 2006 10:07 AM
jb [quote]LadyJane wrote:
Oh this is easy.

The Stones should end their career playing a private gig for all the regulars of the major Stones Boards ie the TRUEST MOST LOYAL FANS.

Of course, they will fly us all to some exotic locale and treat us to a week of luxury.

I believe it is now time for my morning medication.

LJ.
[/quote
MY gut feeling is that most here will never see the Stones live agbain...they will be no Summitt-it's over .
My g
28th June 2006 10:19 AM
ListenToTheLion Crawdaddy Club, Richmond
28th June 2006 11:05 AM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Crawdaddy Club, Richmond

http://www.musicweb.uk.net/film/Dec99/Kazam.jpg
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)