ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Drive By Truckers on 7/15 Return to archive
27th June 2006 08:19 AM
Factory Girl Hello all,

I bought tix to see them at a local club.

I'm not too familiar with their music. Plese extend your recommendations. TIA!
27th June 2006 08:50 AM
Maxlugar I sent you Alabama Ass Whuppin' and Pizza Delivery.

You should be VERY familiar!
27th June 2006 10:55 AM
Saint Sway Truckers are smokin live. One of my favorite live bands. You will definately have fun at this one!

Factory Girl,
a few things you should know beforehand:

1. when they're not busy opening for the Crowes they're shows go deep. So brace yourself for 2.5 - 3 hours of ass kickin southern rock. If you are elderly, faint of heart, or suffer from dizziness/fainting spells then do not attend as this show as it will knock you on your ass.
2. Buy all their records, listen hard and drink a beer with every song.
3. check your pm
27th June 2006 11:27 AM
Phog Just saw them last week in KC and they were fabulous. Even did a cover of "Moonlight Mile". Enjoy the gig.
27th June 2006 11:37 AM
polytoxic Excellent band. Awesome songwriters. The lyrics on the Dirty South album blew my mind. Aftermath USA from the new album (A Blessing And A Curse) shows off their Stones influence quite nicely.
28th June 2006 07:35 AM
Factory Girl Saint Sway,

Check PM! Thank you!
28th June 2006 08:34 AM
ziggypayne That 930 Club gig is going to kick all sorts of ass.

Each of their albums have their own charm. Gangstabilly and Pizza Deliverance have more twang to them than the later albums. Some of the tunes are a hoot (The President's Penis Is Missing, Steve McQueen), but they all have the dark streak to them that can be found throughout their work.

Alabama Ass Whuppin' is a live disc that shows them moving away from the twang and more into the balls out rock. A gutwrenching Living Bubba, a ferocious Lookout Mountain, and their cover of People Who Died are all highlights of that one.

Southern Rock Opera has a bunch of brilliant songs and shows the band hitting their stride. Lots of setlist stapes are found here.

Decoration Day and Dirty South are viewed by many to be the band's creative peak. The addition of 3rd vocalist/songwriter Jason Isbell really pays off. More than any of the others, these are the two to start with.

A Blessing And A Curse sees the band trying to scale back their sound a little. More emphasis is placed on concise tunes and hooks. Still the dark edge remains, as does the fun atmosphere, just with a little more polish.
28th June 2006 11:19 AM
Saint Sway Truckers recently did a cover of Moonlight Mile at their show in KC!!!
They are obviously learning well from their time spent on the road with the Crowes. Or as Patterson refers to them as "the allmighty Black Crowes".

This world could use a few more kick ass bands like DBT & TBC that go out and tip their hats to the Stones

speaking of which...

Factory Girl,
The New Heathens are playing at Mum's in Baltimore, MD on Aug 5. Get your sweet ass there.
If I can, I'm gonna catch their gig tonite at 11 St Bar in NY - hopin some of The Yayhoos sit in wit em tonite

www.newheathens.com

cheers!
28th June 2006 08:23 PM
full moon Saw them in Chicago last week with The Crowes. The show was unreal.
29th June 2006 12:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
full moon wrote:
Saw them in Chicago last week with The Crowes. The show was unreal.

the pics fromt the venue looked like too much fun. It overlooked the water. People pulling up in boats. Packed crowd enjoying the day of great tunes.

I trust that my dear friend Pug was there as well. I'm off to Texas for a string of shows tomorrow.

great set for the die-hards...

Jam -> Waiting Guilty
Hotel Illness
Sting Me
Cypress Tree
Got To Get Better In A Little While
Girl From A Pawnshop
Up On Cripple Creek
Downtown Money Waster -> Jam ->
Jam -> Thorn In My Pride
Pearly Queen
Hard To Handle -> Jam
Remedy
No Speak, No Slave
- encore -
This Wheel's On Fire

Chris played acoustic guitar on Jam -> "Waiting Guilty"
Chris played electric guitar on "Got To Get Better In A Little While"
Rich sang lead vocals, played acoustic guitar and Chris played acoustic guitar on "Up On Cripple Creek"
Marc sang lead vocals and Chris played electric guitar on "Pearly Queen"
29th June 2006 03:20 PM
Factory Girl Where in Texas will you be going? I was in San Antonio recently.
29th June 2006 03:21 PM
Saint Sway Dallas > San Antonio > Houston > Austin
29th June 2006 03:23 PM
jb WHo are the members of this band? What typoe of music they play?
29th June 2006 03:24 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Dallas > San Antonio > Houston > Austin

Have a blast, stay out of the heat. Drink Margaritas & Shiner Bock!
29th June 2006 03:38 PM
Factory Girl Sway, check PM.

Josh, the music is Alabama rock. Actually, its not really my cup of tea.
29th June 2006 03:43 PM
SheRat
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Truckers recently did a cover of Moonlight Mile at their show in KC!!!
They are obviously learning well from their time spent on the road with the Crowes. Or as Patterson refers to them as "the allmighty Black Crowes".

They have covered Moonlight Mile before--however, it is not a staple cover in their set list. It is obvious that the inclusion of Moonlight Mile was to honor the presence of our own FijiJoe at said show and nothing whatsoever to do with the Black Cowes.

Pictured below: Feej with newly svelte water boy, Jason Isbell

[Edited by SheRat]
29th June 2006 03:49 PM
jb Fiji returns to the board!!!!
29th June 2006 05:02 PM
Phog
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Pictured below: Feej with newly svelte water boy, Jason Isbell

[Edited by SheRat]

Man, that was a great night. Feej and myself drank beer and chatted for about two hours prior to DBT hitting the stage. The last I saw of him he was staking out their tour bus with a wild look in his eye.
29th June 2006 10:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
full moon wrote:
Saw them in Chicago last week with The Crowes. The show was unreal.

the Crowes set is now streaming at www.blackcrowes.com
> click on "The Black Crowes radio online" to listen

I dig the part right before Hotel Illness when Chris remembers to give my boy Pug a shout out and says:

"Nice to see y'all tonite!
You wont see it on the news or read it in a magazine or anything... but.. a.. welcome to the summer of THE CAPE!
Maybe you'll see it scrawled on a subway or something."

that was mighty cool of him
29th June 2006 10:57 PM
glencar
quote:
SheRat wrote:

They have covered Moonlight Mile before--however, it is not a staple cover in their set list. It is obvious that the inclusion of Moonlight Mile was to honor the presence of our own FijiJoe at said show and nothing whatsoever to do with the Black Cowes.

[Edited by SheRat]

Exactly! Who gives a fuck about those pale imitators?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)