ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rolling Stones Lick the Wachovia Center Return to archive
June 30th, 2005 11:18 PM
Steel Wheels I know for a fact that The Rolling Stones will bless Philly with two hot smokin' shows filled with rock, roll, and pure energy. My brain is bent around the reality that I have floor seats both night.

I'm fucking shattered, really.

I'll be the asshole in the sombrero, dancing and raising a fuss. I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. Anyone seeing them AFTER the Philly shows had better thank me for re-energizing the band because I'll give them 110%!

My Philly dream:

The lights go dark and Keef's Tele cuts across the screams. Going To A Go Go is the opening number and it sounds hot as shit. Charlie's like a B-52 air raid. Pure white light radiates from the stage and really - all is well in my world when Mick leaps to and fro, microphone in hand.

After the number ends, Mick'll crack a corny line, "'Ello Philadelphia! Yes, it's us again!" They launch into "Oh No! Not You Again!" and follow it up with Honkey Tonk, or one of the 9,000 songs they have.

Ahhhh, October is so far away!

June 30th, 2005 11:19 PM
kath wow. you're gonna have fun!!!!! floor seats, eh?? GREAT!!
June 30th, 2005 11:22 PM
Steel Wheels I really cannot wait. It's all Stones, all the time until the show. I have to get in shape for the gig. I must make sure my voice is up to par - I have to yell and scream for at least two hours each night. I'll be dancing too. The legs need work. New shoes are in order. Good socks.

A silly hat. Christ, I need a silly hat!
July 1st, 2005 12:07 AM
pdog
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:

Ahhhh, October is so far away!

Yes, it is. Where will you be on the floor? I must look for you.
July 1st, 2005 07:22 AM
Steel Wheels I'm section 7 for both nights. I think the first night I'm row 10 and then row 3 the 2nd night.
July 1st, 2005 07:29 AM
Flairville Hi! I've got tickets for Philly on the 12th. In block 3! No doubt we'll all meet up before the show! I'm gonna go to the the first show too but i haven't got tickets yet. I'm coming over from england. Any other Brits going?
July 1st, 2005 08:16 AM
Gazza help this man get tickets for night #1, folks!
July 1st, 2005 09:49 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:

I'll be the asshole in the sombrero, dancing and raising a fuss. I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks.

A SOMBRERO?

I pity the fool that wears a sombrero to a Stones show!

http://www.houseoftheorangemonkey.co.uk/monkey/hats/sombrero.htm
July 1st, 2005 10:07 AM
Steel Wheels Let me see what I can find for this fella.

And sombrero's are cool!
July 1st, 2005 10:10 AM
gimmekeef Have a blast..I think they're gonna open with If You Cant Rock Me...."The bands ON STAGE and its one of those nights.The drummer thinks that he is dynamite!
July 1st, 2005 02:10 PM
ResidentMule section 7 for night 2!
July 1st, 2005 09:35 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
help this man get tickets for night #1, folks!

$450's are availavble still fro show 1..and everything is available for #2.
July 1st, 2005 11:15 PM
TomL Son I hate to dissapoint you but Go Go will not be the opener.
July 1st, 2005 11:56 PM
Steel Wheels When I drink, anything is possible.

Including the Stones opening with Going to a Go-Go.
July 1st, 2005 11:58 PM
TomL Me too. And I do drink. I want SFTD.
July 2nd, 2005 12:47 PM
ResidentMule Under My Thumb I'm hoping will be the opener
July 2nd, 2005 12:50 PM
glencar Go Go would be a great opener. Wheels, I hope you get what you want!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)