ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HAD IT WITH YOU Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 30th, 2005 06:06 PM
kath doug was an old san antonio guy for a long time. he and augie were in our circle of friends, they hung with my dearest friend "stan stan the dealer man"....

it was bizarre when he went through that "i'm english" thing when doug twanged like a guitar.....
July 1st, 2005 04:51 AM
Bloozehound one of my biggest regrets is never seeing doug live
July 1st, 2005 02:22 PM
kath hmmmm....please feel free to get past that. doug was fun and all, but not the greatest showman in the world. good ol' boy, tho'. that's for sure.

go see willie. that always makes a person feel better!!!
July 1st, 2005 02:25 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
hmmmm....please feel free to get past that. doug was fun and all, but not the greatest showman in the world. good ol' boy, tho'. that's for sure.

go see willie. that always makes a person feel better!!!

Kath ....................................

Can I ask you a pertinent question ?!?!

Do you like sweaters ?!?!

July 1st, 2005 02:31 PM
kath no, you may NOT ask me a pertinent question.
July 1st, 2005 02:35 PM
Joey " no, you may NOT ask me a pertinent question. "

July 1st, 2005 02:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" no, you may NOT ask me a pertinent question. "

why the anger towards the joey, when all he does is love
July 1st, 2005 02:42 PM
Joey " why the anger towards the joey, when all he does is love "

July 1st, 2005 02:44 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

why the anger towards the joey, when all he does is love

July 1st, 2005 02:51 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
kath wrote:
hmmmm....please feel free to get past that. doug was fun and all, but not the greatest showman in the world. good ol' boy, tho'. that's for sure.

I know what you mean, was mainly refering to the texas tornados, I was a big fan of them during the 90's, still am, but for some reason I just never got around to seeing them perform live

I'm a big fan of doug's various works over the years, starting out with the quintet up to his last couple excellent solo albums, plus his work with the tornados, he went out on the top of his game as far as I'm concerned

feel like jamming she's about a mover loud
July 1st, 2005 02:53 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
tell me about the corn joey

July 1st, 2005 03:15 PM
kath doug was in a league of his own. but a LOT of what doug was able to do was due to augie. he was brilliant.
July 1st, 2005 03:20 PM
FPM C10
quote:
kath wrote:
doug was in a league of his own. but a LOT of what doug was able to do was due to augie. he was brilliant.

I've never heard the album Doug did that Bob Dylan was on...around 1970? I remember reading about it in Rolling Stone when it was a cool newspaper, so it had to be a looooong time ago.

Augie is a fantastic addition to "Time Out of Mind".

Wh-wh-what? Oh, OK. If you INSIST, Kath!
July 1st, 2005 03:32 PM
J.J.Flash What a cornhusker......

This Fleabit cracks me up.....
July 1st, 2005 03:34 PM
Bloozehound I've never been able to track it down, but its called Doug Sahm and Band

dr john, flaco and some others were also on it

on dougs original version of "anybody going to san antone" off that album you can hear Dylan singing along in the chorus, if you listen close enough you can make his voice out, its kinda gruff and hard to tell who it is though
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)