ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
Đ Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: News from stonesvikings!!!!!!(new album info) Return to archive
June 30th, 2005 02:00 AM
marko Thanks to scandinavian fans,OVE and Wilhelm!

here it goes

www.stonesvikings.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was unable to get hold of Ove, so I got info from another source due to some detective work who was present, so here it goes:

11 raw mixes out of 18 recorded tracks were played.
With raw mixes it is meant there is some additional mixing to do. It was not said if all 18 tracks would be on the album. If I heard correctly, there might be some more songs recorded.

No Chuck, Darryl on only a few numbers, bass being handled by Mick and Keith. Plenty of harmonica, slide and maracas (spelling?).
No hornsection heard at all, no backupsingers. This might change of course, but letīs hope not.

ONNYA different from the liveversion, itīs said it was not finished when they played it live. Absolutely no material from the 40 LICKS sessions. 2 ballads, one Mick, one Keith, the rest rockers except 1 funky song in the style of Dance.pt1/Miss You.
1 political song, as it seemed aimed at the Bushadministration but donīt take my word for it.

The motto, it was said for these recordingsessions, was that it was to be "A bandrecord, the four of them".
As for the albumtitle, it was said that it might be one of those circulated on the net, then it might not be, so no answer to that question really.

No Stone present, as they all seem to be in the US right now. A bandrepresentative was MC at the listening party. All participants had to sign a contract of secrecy.

I hope to get some additional info, but right now, all participants are bound by their contract, and no Ove in sight, but he would not be able to tell me more at this point, .

As for the releasedate first half of September still stands until further notice.

As always, if you like to post this elsewere, donīt forget to link to
June 30th, 2005 02:06 AM
padre Great news! I was just reading this same bit from the "Listening Party" thread. It sounds so good though, that I don't mind reading it twice!
June 30th, 2005 02:10 AM
marko Shite,i noticed,anyway,GAZZA,should this be a sticky one?
Mix this thread with the first one?
June 30th, 2005 02:42 AM
Poplar
yes - i'm excited. but honestly, i could glean about as much about the album from this post as i could from one of my own farts.

still - excited.
June 30th, 2005 07:13 AM
winter I am just relieved to know that each of the four band members are back home in the United States right now.

Our boys are home for the 4th of July holiday. Truly a special time.

wintah
June 30th, 2005 11:54 AM
glencar Back home? Hmmm....
June 30th, 2005 12:52 PM
winter Yup,

Baseball, Apple Pie and Keith Richards - all things American!
June 30th, 2005 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
winter wrote:
I am just relieved to know that each of the four band members are back home in the United States right now.

Our boys are home for the 4th of July holiday. Truly a special time.

wintah

They love America ...we have supported them much better than their native land....sadly, this tour, we are not doing as well.
June 30th, 2005 01:25 PM
winter native land? you mean America?
June 30th, 2005 01:31 PM
ResidentMule I would like to have Bobby here & there on the album - other than that its good to hear how much is being done just the four of them
June 30th, 2005 09:39 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
They love America ...we have supported them much better than their native land

You got a point, they love America...and the money from the americans too.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)