ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Maccas (NSC) Return to archive
June 28th, 2005 08:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels HEATHER NOT IMPRESSED WITH US SOAP DEBUT

HEATHER MILLS McCARTNEY is refusing to watch her appearance on US daytime soap DAYS OF OUR LIVES - because she's convinced she's terrible.

Husband SIR PAUL McCARTNEY has seen the footage of the activist, who appears as herself on the hit show, and has been "diplomatic" about her two-show performance, which airs tomorrow (29JUN05) and on Monday (04JUL05).

But she insists she never agreed to the cameo to become a star - she just wanted to promote her Adopt-A-Minefield charity.

She says, "I'm not an actress. I just went in and did it in two hours and left."

The former model reveals Days of Our Lives producer KEN CORDAY came up with the idea of a storyline involving Mills McCartney and her charity when he first met her at a gala.

She recalls, "He said, 'I'd like to help more...' and I said, 'Well, what is it exactly that you do?' I knew he was in TV but I live in England so we don't have Days of Our Lives.

"He said, 'We have this top-rated soap show,' and we talked some ideas and came up with a storyline that this hunk would basically go off and work in a warzone, step on a landmine, come back and need some counselling.

"I didn't expect to get the email saying, 'OK, we've done it all,' because people make a lot of false promises to charities... It was a big risk for them, so I'm really proud of them for doing that."

28/06/2005 09:05

June 28th, 2005 09:20 PM
jb THese are truly 2 disgusting people...............
June 28th, 2005 09:53 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
THese are truly 2 disgusting people...............

June 29th, 2005 02:38 PM
Jaxx i caught heather's interview on the today show. too bad katie couric wouldn't let her get a word in edgewise. i had no idea heather lost a leg on a land mine. whether you like the maccas or not, her work and dedication of 12 years is very impressive. instead of someone getting injured or hurt by a land mine every 18 minutes, its now up to every 22 minutes. heather also indicated that they have saved many lives by erradicating them in certain regions all together. bravo.
June 29th, 2005 03:19 PM
Child of the Moon Amen, Jaxx.

And as for you, Pdog... I couldn't have said it better myself.
June 29th, 2005 03:33 PM
jb Heather and Paul are fundamentally evil people who seek to pressure others to support they ill-fated causes.
June 29th, 2005 03:39 PM
Joey " heather also indicated that they have saved many lives by erradicating them in certain regions all together. bravo."

Good luck in the Korean DMZ Heather

......Watch out !!!

********* BOOM **********

Ouchy ! ™
June 29th, 2005 04:19 PM
BrianJonesForever
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
i caught heather's interview on the today show. too bad katie couric wouldn't let her get a word in edgewise. i had no idea heather lost a leg on a land mine. whether you like the maccas or not, her work and dedication of 12 years is very impressive. instead of someone getting injured or hurt by a land mine every 18 minutes, its now up to every 22 minutes. heather also indicated that they have saved many lives by erradicating them in certain regions all together. bravo.

I can never tell if someone is joking on the internet, but Heather didn't lose her leg in a land mine, she lost it after stepping onto the street when police cars were going by and a motorcycle caught her leg and dragged her. I still think she's a snob though.
June 29th, 2005 04:29 PM
Joey
quote:
BrianJonesForever wrote:

she lost it after stepping onto the street when police cars were going by and a motorcycle caught her leg and dragged her.

I bet that hurt like Hell .
June 29th, 2005 05:01 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Heather and Paul are fundamentally evil people who seek to pressure others to support they ill-fated causes.

Too true, too true. Mick Jagger's social activism at Live Aid and his appearance with Keith Richards at the Concert For New York should be equally upbraided, as should Ron Wood's support of wildlife preservation and that whole disgraceful Mod Aid business. In addition, The Who's support of the Teenage Cancer Trust is a lamentable and laughable exercise - "ill-fated" in every sense of the word...
June 29th, 2005 05:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Heather and Paul are fundamentally evil people who seek to pressure others to support they ill-fated causes.

Tread carefully JB...some people actually like Macca.
June 29th, 2005 05:28 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Tread carefully JB...some people actually like Macca.

I admire some of his solo stuff, but I have to agree that, for instance, asking subordinates to stop eating meat is asinine.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)