ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New video on RS.com Return to archive
June 28th, 2005 12:13 PM
Leonharder Please give us poor ones a link where we can watch/download it.
June 28th, 2005 12:19 PM
Saint Sway I watched the previous ones last night. The rehearsal of Oh No & BSugar were fun to watch and sounded great. NO SIDEMEN! Just the four stones & daryl on bass. Good stuff.

Ah... if only we could lock all those other clowns out for good!

the interviews were good too. They talk about recording at Micks house and how its like Exile - only at Micks house instead of Keef's.

Frankly, that worries me.
June 28th, 2005 12:22 PM
glencar I'm watching the video right now about why they selected Juilliard Music School as the PC site.
June 28th, 2005 12:33 PM
christijanus http://www.rollingstones.com/virtualticket/index.php
June 28th, 2005 01:00 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm watching the video right now about why they selected Juilliard Music School as the PC site.

I've been locked out of my account. They've escualted me to the tech team... Wonder what happened. With all the hacking going on, I may have been screwed...
June 28th, 2005 02:12 PM
Nellcote Enough already with the press conference, what was that 45 days ago?
GIVE US MORE INFO!~
ON WITH THE SHOW!!
June 28th, 2005 02:19 PM
luxury1 Damn it!! I was watching to catch glimpses of the PC4, to no avail. Anyway, fuck the maraccas. I am going to show with a fucking rake. Yep.
June 28th, 2005 02:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Enough already with the press conference, what was that 45 days ago?
GIVE US MORE INFO!~
ON WITH THE SHOW!!

word.

bring on the tour. Time for a club show!!

show us some tour rehearsals or some more stuff from the record.

Thats supposed to be the beauty of the internet - instant news!
June 28th, 2005 04:45 PM
Dutch Michael D. what's it all about?? the new video?? what about The Stones Nearly rocked the boat????
June 28th, 2005 05:28 PM
Gazza they toyed with the idea of doing the launch on the Queen Mary 2 (putting tongues on the side etc) as it was in New York at the time, then decided they had done enough tours with a 'travel' theme (blimp, boat, train, car, etc) so settled on just playing at the press conference.

They originally wanted to just play on the balcony of a New York apartment but it was a bit impractical, but wanted to play somewhere that gave that visual image but which could accommodate the press and the fans - they were having trouble finding a location and someone contacted them and suggested Juilliard, which suited them perfectly.

Some nice footage on those clips (is it just me, or does Keith look less 'lined' than usual? The slurring sounds more like a parody of Keith than ever, though) and some good insight into the way they worked on the album.

I like the rehearsal footage. I always love seeing clips of the Stones working in the studio as theres not enough of them. I just hope "Oh No" isnt the first single, however.

Still maintain that the raw arrangement of "Brown sugar" as played at the press conference is a breath of fresh air and I havent heard the song so great in decades.
June 28th, 2005 06:37 PM
kath and carla rhodes is there, too!!
June 28th, 2005 07:55 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Gazza wrote:=Some nice footage on those clips (is it just me, or does Keith look less 'lined' than usual?

Are you referring to Keith or his puppet ? ;-)
[Edited by gotdablouse]
June 28th, 2005 09:26 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
and carla rhodes is there, too!!

Interesting Jaxx.......................meine libe abs shae monkey..................ninea.
June 28th, 2005 10:27 PM
Soldatti Time for something new man, the new video is great but I want 30 seconds from a new song!
June 29th, 2005 11:53 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Still maintain that the raw arrangement of "Brown sugar" as played at the press conference is a breath of fresh air and I havent heard the song so great in decades.

Yeah, that arrangement got to be maintained. Ronnie should do the ``sax`` solo all the time. I can stand no more the horn section in it. And Satisfaction and J J Flash got to be that way too.

Its interesting that a raw arrangement to a song like BS be a ``breath of fresh air`` from a band like the Stones, don`t you think? I mean, I`m not being ironic to your remark. The thing is that a raw playing should be a ``breath of usual air`` coming from the Stones, not horn section and sidemen all the fucking time.

We know we all want to scream ``Oh no not you again`` to Chuck when he starts to play his keyboard, or when Blondie is shacking stupid maracas.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)