ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith & Pirates/Ronnie at ex-wife's funeral Return to archive
June 28th, 2005 03:37 AM
MrPleasant Depp talks Pirates 2 Jun. 27, 2005

It looks like Johnny Depp is still dead set on getting "Rolling Stones" rocker Keith Richards to play his character Jack Sparrow's father in the sequel PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST. Depp mentioned: "It looks like it's going to happen..." But I don't know when. It's all going to depend on where we are and where he is, because he's got a little thing called the Rolling Stones tour to do."

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7882

Question: Will Keith Richards be in the film?

Johnny Depp: It's looking very good. I've talk to Keith about it and he's been super sweet and keen to do it and it's looking very good. We are just hoping that we can work out the dates with the Stones tour and everything but if that happens, you talk about a dream come true. Get to be a pirate with Keith Richards? Does it get better than that?

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050627h.php

-----------------------------------------------------------

28/06/2005 - 8:09:50 AM

Wood mourns first wife

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood led mourners at the funeral of his first wife Krissy Wood in south London yesterday.

The former model, 57, was found dead on a sofa in a friend's London flat earlier this month.

Krissy met Ronnie while he was in The Faces and they went on to marry in 1971. Their seven-year marriage produced a son, Jesse, now 28.

Friends of Krissy say she had been battling depression after splitting from a boyfriend and facing financial difficulties.

At the funeral service in Mortlake Cemetery, Ronnie arrived with his wife Jo, their two children Leah and Jamie, as well as Wood's Small Faces bandmate Rod Stewart and his pregnant fiancee Penny Lancaster.

http://www.examiner.ie/breaking/story.asp?j=147597066&p=y4759777z&n=147597826
June 29th, 2005 05:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Depp talks Pirates 2 Jun. 27, 2005

It looks like Johnny Depp is still dead set on getting "Rolling Stones" rocker Keith Richards to play his character Jack Sparrow's father in the sequel PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST. Depp mentioned: "It looks like it's going to happen..." But I don't know when. It's all going to depend on where we are and where he is, because he's got a little thing called the Rolling Stones tour to do."

He can do it. He will do it if he wants to. I think Keith is really beginning to worry about his legacy now and he might not want to be identified with piracy...as the end approaches and the fires of hell begin to come into focus on the horizon, many people begin to take a different view of things.
June 29th, 2005 06:09 PM
Jumping Jack To late now for concerns about hell.

Perhaps his acting price has come down a bit with what he has pirated from us lately maties!

Glad I didn't change me avatar over here, LOL!
June 30th, 2005 09:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
To late now for concerns about hell.

Well that depends. I don't mind the heat, it's the humidity that I can't stand.
June 30th, 2005 09:48 AM
Scottfree
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
To late now for concerns about hell.

Perhaps his acting price has come down a bit with what he has pirated from us lately maties!

Glad I didn't change me avatar over here, LOL!

Post of the year, take the rest of the year off.....
June 30th, 2005 09:51 AM
Scottfree
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well that depends. I don't mind the heat, it's the humidity that I can't stand.

Yeah that wet heat...If hell is just hot no big deal....
June 30th, 2005 10:08 AM
Jumping Jack Y'all need to trying sitting in Atlanta gridlock if you want a taste of hot, humid hell, LOL!
June 30th, 2005 02:57 PM
oldkr at this point the powers that be in that movie have gone suddenly cold on keith after he asked for 7 figures for less than 8 mins of screentime OVER 2 MOVIES!

June 30th, 2005 03:00 PM
jb
quote:
oldkr wrote:
at this point the powers that be in that movie have gone suddenly cold on keith after he asked for 7 figures for less than 8 mins of screentime OVER 2 MOVIES!

Justifiably so....he has no drawing power, would fuck up the set, and further embarass what legacy, if any, he has left.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)