ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I hear good things! Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 27th, 2005 04:00 PM
PeerQueer I finally got an answer from a friend/associate (after many messages on his voice mail this past week) who works at the Virgin office in L.A.

There is in fact word an LA release party is going to be scheduled in the near future for the new album -- and according to him, (and he's got pretty good taste)the company "buzz" is that execs are VERY excited about the quality of the album. He also said two of the Stones were in and out of the offices recently, though he didn't see them himself. (He was quite bummed about that - though he got to watch the Jagger release/concert a few years back for Goddess - the cunt!)

When I asked if I could score a way to get inside the release party he said "No fucking way."

Hopefully what he has been hearing about the new album proves out! I don't have much confidence in Virgin execs, but for now, I'm keeping positive!

Bring on the new tunes boys!
June 27th, 2005 04:03 PM
Joey " There is in fact word an LA release party is going to be scheduled in the near future for the new album "

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me nipples .
June 27th, 2005 04:13 PM
glencar Isn't it scheduled for Wednesday? Get song titles, peerqueer & we'll be impressed.
June 27th, 2005 04:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" There is in fact word an LA release party is going to be scheduled in the near future for the new album "

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me nipples .

sadly, the listening party is not going to happen in Omaha....i am sad!
June 27th, 2005 04:47 PM
Saint Sway pfffffft! who cares what record execs think of an album??

If record execs liking it means anything, it probably means it blows

these are probably the same ass clowns that were high fiving each other after listening to Goddess In The Doorway. I doubt they know shit about what a good Stones record should sound like.

to borrow from a classic line by Chris Robinson - record execs can talk about numbers and market analysis all they want, but when was the last time they actually hung out at dealers apartment to check out what they were listening to? You know what I mean?
June 27th, 2005 04:53 PM
PeerQueer I hear ya - don't much care for the exec. crowd, and LA is crawling with them twits.

That being said, I'm still holding onto my hope that this album will rock.

Keep hope alive!

P.S. -Joey, typing with your erect nipples? That is totally hot. Can I nibble them?
June 27th, 2005 04:58 PM
glencar Say, I liked "Goddess" myself & look forward to this one.
June 27th, 2005 04:58 PM
glencar
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

P.S. -Joey, typing with your erect nipples? That is totally hot. Can I nibble them?

This has "disaster" written all over it!
June 27th, 2005 04:59 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Say, I liked "Goddess" myself & look forward to this one.

I would like to nuzzle you
June 27th, 2005 05:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:

This has "disaster" written all over it!

i fear the end result of this one!
June 27th, 2005 05:03 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

I would like to nuzzle you

Joey, don't get me into a sex sandwich with you & peerqueer. I'm sorry but that gives me the willies.
June 27th, 2005 05:03 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i fear the end result of this one!

Gay adoption?
June 27th, 2005 05:23 PM
PeerQueer Now that you mention it - there was some good stuff on Goddess - God Gave Me... is one I still enjoy a great deal. While rather overproduced - it had some nice moments. Everbody Getting High is another one I like.

Keith was pretty negative on its release, but I think that has more to do with the well having run dry for him during that period, than it actually being utter shit as he put it.

Keith and Mick are both such utter bitchy queens at heart!

June 27th, 2005 05:28 PM
glencar The CD's biggest problem was all those ballads at the end. Wandering Spirit was more uneven but its highs were definitely higher. Keith is an old crybaby at this point.
June 27th, 2005 06:21 PM
texile goddes had 2 of micks's best shit ever: don't call me up and too far gone.............
fuck keith;
as for the positive vibes about the new one -
i never get exited because i'll always remember keith saying dirty work was the best since exile...
and THAT made me a cynical bitch.
June 27th, 2005 07:29 PM
Bob Tamp No one who works in the industry or for the Stones ever give constructive criticism to Mick, Keith or the stones.

They are THE ROLLING STONES. They could put out the biggest piece of shit, and all those people will do nothing but praise them as gods to their faces. Do you really think anyone has actually said to Mick's face in the last 38 years..."Your new album sucks"

The Stones live in a bubble, and these records execs are saying nothing new to the stones.
June 27th, 2005 07:34 PM
glencar Does it surprise you that they're surrounded by yesmen?
June 27th, 2005 08:31 PM
texile that's exactly it tamp.....
don was being first in line;
that fucker has squeezed the life out of the band by kissing thier ass.
and the back-up singers?
it's shameful.
June 27th, 2005 11:19 PM
KeepRigid Perhaps they will unveil another 45 minute reggae jam?
June 28th, 2005 01:55 AM
glencar As long as it's no a 45 minute ballad, I'm okay with that!
June 28th, 2005 07:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
No one who works in the industry or for the Stones ever give constructive criticism to Mick, Keith or the stones.

They are THE ROLLING STONES. They could put out the biggest piece of shit, and all those people will do nothing but praise them as gods to their faces. Do you really think anyone has actually said to Mick's face in the last 38 years..."Your new album sucks"

The Stones live in a bubble, and these records execs are saying nothing new to the stones.

There's a certain amount of their fanbase who think the same way, as can be evidenced by their willingness to be ripped off year in year out. The Stones quite obviously DO live in a bubble and after so long in it, have only a small grasp of what the real world is like.

Lets face it, when this album comes out theres going to be a certain percentage of fans who are so desperate to hear a new Stones album after EIGHT FUCKING YEARS that if the band were to put out a 45 minute CD of them farting into baked bean cans they would consider it " raw, classic, in your face Stones". Proof of that can be found with some of the reviews of "Oh No Not You Again" based on that performance at the press conference which saw it ludicrously described by some as "great" or "a classic" - terms you normally associate with, say, "Gimme Shelter" or "Jumpin Jack Flash".

All sense of judgement gets suspended by some people. Of course, by the same token the band have waited so long to make a record that many others are expecting/demanding a genuinely great one and nothing short of another "Exile" will do. Unfortunately when you leave it that long, both "extremes" of your fanbase are hardly going to be in a position to react logically.
June 28th, 2005 07:49 AM
Doxa Words of wisdom, Gazza.

Perhaps we should be happy to have "best since Voodoo Lounge" - about there our expectations should lie. And yes, "Oh No Not You Again" is a new Stones classic in the great tradition of "You Got Me Rocking" and "Sharks Will Cry"...

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]
June 28th, 2005 10:26 AM
Joey
" ... that if the band were to put out a 45 minute CD of them farting into baked bean cans they would consider it " raw, classic, in your face Stones". "

You make Joey smile .

June 28th, 2005 11:16 AM
glencar Yes, that would be classic!
June 28th, 2005 11:33 AM
Gazza up there with the 'greatest shits' boxed set package I suggested a few months back for the 'hardcore fans', dontcha think
June 28th, 2005 11:40 AM
glencar Man, great match at Wimpledon!
June 28th, 2005 09:30 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

There's a certain amount of their fanbase who think the same way, as can be evidenced by their willingness to be ripped off year in year out. The Stones quite obviously DO live in a bubble and after so long in it, have only a small grasp of what the real world is like.

Lets face it, when this album comes out theres going to be a certain percentage of fans who are so desperate to hear a new Stones album after EIGHT FUCKING YEARS that if the band were to put out a 45 minute CD of them farting into baked bean cans they would consider it " raw, classic, in your face Stones". Proof of that can be found with some of the reviews of "Oh No Not You Again" based on that performance at the press conference which saw it ludicrously described by some as "great" or "a classic" - terms you normally associate with, say, "Gimme Shelter" or "Jumpin Jack Flash".

All sense of judgement gets suspended by some people. Of course, by the same token the band have waited so long to make a record that many others are expecting/demanding a genuinely great one and nothing short of another "Exile" will do. Unfortunately when you leave it that long, both "extremes" of your fanbase are hardly going to be in a position to react logically.

Agreed Gazza ..many live in the bubble...I am sure the new album will blow. ON the other hand, John Travolta's performance in "The BOy in the Bubble" was exceptional.
June 28th, 2005 09:44 PM
PeerQueer I hear Travolta goes both ways - any idea if true?
June 28th, 2005 09:46 PM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I hear Travolta goes both ways - any idea if true?

Agreed.................see Tom Cruise.
June 28th, 2005 10:36 PM
Soldatti I've said it before, if we get a new album at the same level of VL let's celebrate!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)