ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones are coming - shut your mouth! Return to archive
June 26th, 2005 09:42 PM
Steel Wheels I'm fully into Live Licks right now, a few beers in as well. I cannot wait for the Stones to come to Philly and rock the shit outta me. This band gives me so much joy I find it hard not to smile and dance and cheer when I see them. They are the true rock and roll gods, ticket prices be damned.

They sing songs about booze, pussy, tits, drugs, and parties. No politics by and large. They make me happy and for that there is no price tag. It's Only Rock and Roll, but it fucking works!
June 26th, 2005 09:48 PM
sirmoonie Hell yes! Smack down!

Great post there, Steel Wheels!
June 26th, 2005 09:52 PM
Steel Wheels Thank you! Disc two is now full throttle into my skull. The booze, Monkey Man, and my two tapping feet are what it's all about!
June 26th, 2005 10:28 PM
glencar I always skip Disc One. But Disc 2 is the stuff that dreams are made of.
June 26th, 2005 10:57 PM
Steel Wheels Disc two is just a slice of heaven. The Nearness of You is beyond fantastic. Even with the crap edit in Rocks Off I still love it. Can't You Hear Me Knocking is a real powerhouse.

Right now I'm three cuts into Still Life. The Stones sound ragged and sloppy, the crowd LOVES the opening salvo of Shattered. It was only about 3 years old at the time.

Interesting.

Going to a Go Go sounds so good. I hope they break this out at the Wachovia. I just might have to rush the stage, dance with Mick, jam with Keith, and leap about in front of Charlie's riser. "Take a dollar 50, a six pack of beer, we gonna dance all night!" YEAH!

Just My Imagination has a killer opening riff. Them guitars sound great. Start Me Up sounds like the band firing on all cylinders, revving the tach up to 9 grand and dropping the clutch, smoking everything in the world.

"I'll take you places that you've never ever seen!"
June 27th, 2005 10:38 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Beast of Burden on disc two is the only reason I get out of bed in the morning lately. Monumental
June 27th, 2005 10:42 AM
jb Live Licks....the one that sold 63k domectic ?
June 27th, 2005 10:43 AM
Voodoo Scrounge The Very Same One
June 27th, 2005 10:48 AM
Scottfree Inspiring post....Never bought Live licks, but might have to do so.....You need to drag out some 78/81 boots, Still life doesn't hold a candle.....
June 27th, 2005 10:50 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Just My Imagination

This song on Still life is fantastic. A great tune
June 27th, 2005 10:52 AM
jb
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
The Very Same One

The worst piece of garbage I have ever heard..bought and sent it to a friend within 2 days...total rubbish...imo
June 27th, 2005 10:55 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I would agree with you to a certain extent. I must say that these days I only listen to Beast of Burden on that cd. But it is still a great track
June 27th, 2005 10:57 AM
jb
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I would agree with you to a certain extent. I must say that these days I only listen to Beast of Burden on that cd. But it is still a great track

Well, I did not give it much time after disc one....
June 27th, 2005 11:00 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Cant really explain why that particular version of Beast of Burden does it to me, but it does.

You must have a song that you like but you dont know why
June 27th, 2005 11:19 AM
Jumacfly is there a real interest in buying those 2cds whereas the songs were on FF too?
the CYHMK version is sloppy compared to MSG one...and this edit on Rocks Off , that sucks!!
Anyway i m waiting for the show too, but it's funny how, in 2005, marketing and music are always so closer when we talk about the Stones..

I agree with SW on a fact: the Stones are the soundtrack of our lives !
June 27th, 2005 11:22 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
is there a real interest in buying those 2cds whereas the songs were on FF too?
the CYHMK version is sloppy compared to MSG one...and this edit on Rocks Off , that sucks!!
Anyway i m waiting for the show too, but it's funny how, in 2005, marketing and music are always so closer when we talk about the Stones..

I agree with SW on a fact: the Stones are the soundtrack of our lives !

Off course they are...that goes without saying, but unlike some posters, we can critisise them , but still love them...
June 28th, 2005 09:04 AM
corgi37 My wife is fully into licks too.

hahahahahahaha
June 28th, 2005 11:44 AM
glencar
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Beast of Burden on disc two is the only reason I get out of bed in the morning lately. Monumental

Did you ever hear the Beast Of Burden live version that was a B-side in 1982? Ragged fun.
June 28th, 2005 12:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
My wife is fully into licks too.

of course, half the folks here already knew that!!

ba dum bum crash
June 28th, 2005 12:46 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
Off course they are...that goes without saying, but unlike some posters, we can critisise them , but still love them...

love is strong jb!!

June 28th, 2005 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

love is strong jb!!

My Jewish friends just returned from France and had a great time...said people were genuinely nice to them..only had one waiter who was snobby b/c they did not understand French..
June 28th, 2005 01:39 PM
glencar they were keeping score, weren't they?
June 28th, 2005 01:45 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
they were keeping score, weren't they?

WOODY ALLEN: HISTORY OVERWHELMS 9/11
Tue Jun 28 2005 09:40:21 ET

Woody Allen says he, as a filmmaker, is not interested in 9/11.

'It's too small, history overwhelms it," Allen reportedly tells DER SPIEGEL.

"The history of the world is like: He kills me, I kill him, only with different cosmetics and different castings. So in 2001, some fanatics killed some Americans, and now some Americans are killing some Iraqis."

Tuesday's NY POST quotes the master director: "And in my childhood, some Nazis killed Jews. And now, some Jewish people and some Palestinians are killing each other. Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."

Developing...
June 28th, 2005 01:58 PM
glencar So nothing matters & what if it did anyway? Woody Allen is a dipshit. I shall never go to see him at Michael's Pub again!
June 28th, 2005 02:08 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
So nothing matters & what if it did anyway? Woody Allen is a dipshit. I shall never go to see him at Michael's Pub again!

Anybody who dumps their wife for their adopted kid is allright with me!

June 28th, 2005 02:23 PM
Poplar
he got that yellow fever mighty bad.

June 28th, 2005 05:19 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
My Jewish friends just returned from France and had a great time...said people were genuinely nice to them..only had one waiter who was snobby b/c they did not understand French..

LOL..typically french...or parisian if you prefer
June 28th, 2005 10:13 PM
Soldatti Woddy is a genious!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)