ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cost of Entry to a gig by the Rolling Stones breaks record Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 27th, 2005 04:12 PM
glencar LOL Do you really know Joshy?
June 27th, 2005 06:40 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
texile wrote:
can you imagine EXPECTING another exile......
dylan fans have avery right to expect a blood on the tracks, because despite some lean years, dylan has continued to evolve as an artist.
when i was growing up in texas, my dad used to watch people like johhny cash on hee haw - i thought it was corny......
i never thought that cash would be more hip than the stones in 2005.

I love Dylan's last couple of albums, but they hardly constitute an "evolution." Maybe a refocusing, but not an evolution.
June 27th, 2005 08:25 PM
texile well, musically dylan is basic like the stones...
but i'm talking about lyrical maturity;
the stones have to an extent but sometimes jagger seems to to be stuck in adolescence.
that tits and jello line is not promising on that front, but hey
who knows - i might be pleasantly surprised.
June 29th, 2005 02:44 PM
Jaxx the price of the stones tix are outrageous. i lucked out and got my pair for $240. however my ticketmaster stint turned up $400 tix in most of the pepsi center venue...all the decent 100 level seating and 2/3 of the floor seating. tix on level 1 at the back of the arena were 165 and the nosebleeds were 95. never saw a 60 dollar ticket. they must be up in the rafters. the stage configuration is at one end of the venue. had the stage been centered and "in the round" like the prince show, the 400 dollar tickets may have been justified. hell, i caught a week of the dead at red rocks last summer for 250 total--all five shows. now there's a group that really appreciates their fans. they've been doing mail order (sans the membership fee) for about 15 years and you pay ticket price with none of the ticketbastard/venue charges. i wish more of these popular bands could cut their fans that kind of break.
[Edited by Jaxx]
June 29th, 2005 02:47 PM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
the price of the stones tix are outrageous. i lucked out and got my pair for $240. however my ticketmaster stint turned up $400 tix in most of the pepsi center venue...all the decent 100 level seating and 2/3 of the floor seating. tix on level 1 at the back of the arena were 165 and the nosebleeds were 95. never saw a 60 dollar ticket. they must be up in the rafters. the stage configuration is at one end of the venue. had the stage been centered and "in the round" like the prince show, the 400 dollar tickets may have been justified. hell, i caught a week of the dead at red rocks last summer for 250 total--all five shows. now there's a group that really appreciates their fans. they've been doing mail order (sans the membership fee) for about 15 years and you pay ticket price with none of the ticketbastard/venue charges. i wish more of these popular bands could cut their fans that kind of break.
[Edited by Jaxx]

Sadly Jaxx, Denver is one of the worst selling arenas on the tour...You(Denver) have let the boys down.
June 29th, 2005 02:48 PM
Joey " i wish more of these popular bands could cut their fans that kind of break. "

< --------------- !!!!!!!!
June 29th, 2005 02:50 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" i wish more of these popular bands could cut their fans that kind of break. "

< --------------- !!!!!!!!

You willnot attend Denver show...nor leave Nebraska.
June 29th, 2005 02:51 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
You willnot attend Denver show...nor leave Nebraska.

June 29th, 2005 02:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Sadly Jaxx, Denver is one of the worst selling arenas on the tour...You(Denver) have let the boys down.

In Jaxx's defense, it is not her fault, Colorado has gotten a horrible reputation lately. (Kobe, Coach Barnett, Dumb and Dumber, etc) Many fear traveling there. also, potential for these newly found "walking catfish" could come into play.
June 29th, 2005 03:00 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

also, potential for these newly found "walking catfish" could come into play.

W- W- W- What ?!?!

June 29th, 2005 06:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

if the dumb fuckers hadnt scheduled a show for Thanksgiving, it may have helped
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)