ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 humiliating us in sales Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
June 25th, 2005 09:54 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Chevy Sales! Welcome Back!
You used to post here..hmm if I recall,
that was before The Pats won 3 Super Bowls...
Anyway, say what you want, The Pats are the team to beat again....and you know it!

hey.
yes been lurking for a while here and the usual stones places.

agreed on the 3 bowls and the pats are the team to beat...which i can't wait for

got tix for garden and excellent seats for hartford as jim koplik and oakdale (now renamed chevy theater) are my customers.

going to fenway 1 without tix to hopefully buy in parking lot/area.
June 25th, 2005 09:55 PM
chevysales
quote:
telecaster wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19270&item=5592009044&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

jb did you notice the high bidder on this one?

Your great friend

tele!

too funny
June 25th, 2005 09:56 PM
Nellcote Blooze, man, I wish I could git there to see him..
I'm jammed up when he comes here with Toby Keith..
Git me the 411 on that when you git a moment, puleaze..
You don't like that disc?
I just spun it again 1/2 hr ago, after not hearing it for a week, it has IT, imho...Have a good time
June 25th, 2005 09:58 PM
Nellcote Chevy, see ya @ Fenway & Hartford...On the floor both places..
I hear @ Hartford the HI is the place to be, tailgate bash b-4..
June 25th, 2005 10:06 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Chevy, see ya @ Fenway & Hartford...On the floor both places..
I hear @ Hartford the HI is the place to be, tailgate bash b-4..

i have a3 row c for hartford. no fan club raping on those.

but burned a legacy membership on the msg show section 83 row a.

other than fenway 1 i don't see us catching as many shows as we normally do maybe the garden again in jan or fleet center/banknorth...unless i can shake my wife than i can catch a few more .

but i absolutely will be in foxborough jan 1 to watch my beloved phins win in the cold!
June 25th, 2005 10:37 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Git me the 411 on that when you git a moment, puleaze..
You don't like that disc?
I just spun it again 1/2 hr ago, after not hearing it for a week, it has IT, imho...Have a good time

after that album came out I listened to all the samples online, I think I also heard him on CMT a while back, I wanted to like his stuff, I'm a huge fan of Waylon, it just didn't click with me, maybe I'm a bit underwhelmed or something, I'm giving him another chance

BUT if he still sucks I think I'm gonna pull him off stage and whip his ass

lol

j/k

I'll tell ya how it goes, it's going to be on a beach full of semi-nekkid UT hotties, so it can't be that bad

[Edited by Bloozehound]
June 25th, 2005 10:54 PM
PeerQueer Gazza,

My family originates primarily in and around the area of Down - Killyleagh, just off the beautiful Strangford Lough, a short drive from Belfast. (not my favorite place, Belfast - for some very serious and personal reasons.)

Great people and a wonderful place - though a bit wet for my year-round tastes. I was last there two years ago for a funeral of an old friend (too many of those in recent years)and plan on returning some time next year for a wedding. (If they ever settle on a date!)

About ten years ago I spent a summer there (with the friend whose funeral I would attend just 8 years later) Had a great time boating almost every day - it hardly rained all summer! One of those summers you wish you could capture and go back to again and again.

Ah fuck, now I'm a bit depressed.

Time to get recreational!

June 25th, 2005 11:50 PM
Poplar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
One thing that did strike me the other night in Glasgow, however was the difference between the two audiences. A 50,000 crowd and EVERYONE was up for the whole show, singing along to EVERY song and familiar with the new songs, which made up about a third of the show.

None of this disrespectful mass exodus ... no mass disinterest ... no old farts sitting with their hands under their ass behind you telling you to sit down ...

Gazza, my friend, you just nailed it. The Stones EASILY mean more to me than U2, but sadly, everything you just wrote is true.

June 25th, 2005 11:58 PM
Poplar

.... and you're right Peer, keith needs to bring it this time. The way i see it, this is their last shot. Give us a great tour guys and you go out on top - no questions asked.

June 26th, 2005 01:39 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
LOL...I must hasve that!!!

I advise against this purchase
June 26th, 2005 08:53 AM
parmeda Keep my Cubbies outta this!
June 26th, 2005 09:16 AM
gimmekeef This thread is now outta control..I might as well put in my 2 cents worth of nonsense....Anyone have the presale codes for Destiny's Child Farewell Tour?...lol lol
June 26th, 2005 09:27 AM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Keep my Cubbies outta this!

THey won 6-2!!!..I meant Chi-sox..will edit accordingly!!!
June 26th, 2005 09:34 AM
parmeda LOL!...thanks hon

Hey, I hear a little girl got nailed by a shark yesterday in your parts...wtf?
June 26th, 2005 09:36 AM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
LOL!...thanks hon

Hey, I hear a little girl got nailed by a shark yesterday in your parts...wtf?

Tragic..Ft. Walton Beach..actually in the panhandle...14 yr old girls leg bitten off and she subsequently died at hoospital. Very rare, but nonetheless, devastating. Beaches in that area closed until shark found.
June 26th, 2005 11:34 AM
corgi37 This thread is bloody annoying.

But, i'll give Colplay some credit.

They were good in "Shaun of the Dead".

Well, Gywnteth's bloke was, anyway.
June 26th, 2005 12:51 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
This thread is bloody annoying.

But, i'll give Colplay some credit.

They were good in "Shaun of the Dead".

Well, Gywnteth's bloke was, anyway.

Corgi, do you despise the Eagles?
June 26th, 2005 04:47 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Corgi, do you despise the Eagles?

Corgi is the King from down under!!!! He truly rules!!!
June 26th, 2005 04:59 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
This thread is bloody annoying.

right Corgi.
I can't understand some people obsession with U2, that's so boring..some should really stop posting on week end, they need to sleep...
June 26th, 2005 05:08 PM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

right Corgi.
I can't understand some people obsession with U2, that's so boring..some should really stop posting on week end, they need to sleep...

Why must you attack again Fly? I came back in peace and even said hello...your call....
June 26th, 2005 05:14 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
Why must you attack again Fly? I came back in peace and even said hello...your call....

my dear jb...Im tired of reading u2 blabla on every Stones board, that's quite boring..
but no offense man, you re right my post is a little agressive, so excuse me, I really got to sleep
June 26th, 2005 05:19 PM
jb THANKS....I will try not to mention U2 more than once a week..
June 26th, 2005 05:24 PM
Nellcote Red Sox Sweep Phillies, 7 game win streak- 2 1/2 games up!
Manny ties Eddie Murray for 19th place for most Grand Slams..
We are waiting for the Stones @ Fenway!!!
June 26th, 2005 05:39 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
THANKS....I will try not to mention U2 more than once a week..

have a nice day jb
June 26th, 2005 06:22 PM
Jumping Jack How would U2 have sold during the 70s when real rock bands roamed the earth? Not well I'm afraid and there were at least 20 bands then I'd rather see. They sell now because they have no competition and today's 20 year old don't know they are buying crap. Hell, I'd rather see many of today's country artists than those do-good twits with bad hair.

Bono reminds me of Macca w/o the song writing ability. U2 is like non-alcholic beer, tastes good if there is nothing else to drink, reminds you of the real thing, but in the end doesn't do much for you.
June 26th, 2005 06:25 PM
keith_tif U2 are boring and logically U2's fans are boring!

I have got many U2s' albums but i don't listen them! I listen every days many Stones' album!

For me the best U2s' album is POP. On this album they took risks, the others are rubish!!
June 26th, 2005 06:48 PM
jb The last 2 posts were excellent.
June 26th, 2005 08:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
keith_tif wrote:
U2 are boring and logically U2's fans are boring!

I have got many U2s' albums but i don't listen them! I listen every days many Stones' album!

For me the best U2s' album is POP. On this album they took risks, the others are rubish!!

why the fuck do you buy "many" albums of a band who you think are "boring" ?

I'd call that "pretty stupid".

By definition, doesnt buying "many albums" make you a "fan" and therefore...er, "boring"?
June 26th, 2005 08:57 PM
parmeda Gazza?

Why do you bother? ...lol
June 26th, 2005 09:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
THANKS....I will try not to mention U2 more than once a week..

Try hard. I saw Bono (wearing his Sunglasses of course) interviewed by Tim Russert on Meet the Press this Sunday am.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)