ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 humiliating us in sales Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
June 25th, 2005 02:22 PM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I like U2 - good band, and I miss Ireland dearly. Amazing how such small country has had such a significant impact on Western culture. And doesn't dear Ronnie make Ireland his home?

...But I looooooooooooove the Stones baby! And I am quite hopeful regarding this new release, new tour, new attitude. I hear the boys are just a bit more thankful for what they have, given recent health scares and such. This next outing might be the most sincere offering we have had from them for some time.

And if you haven't ever seen U2, I suggest you do - they put on an excellent show. And if you have never seen them play Dublin, well, it's akin to Bruce in Jersey. I've done both a number of times over the years, and it's great stuff - unforgetable really.

On a sidenote dear JB, if in fact you reside in Florida and practice law, I am thinking of purchasing property in South Florida as I have enjoyed many a great time there over the years, both naughty and nice - any recommendations? --And what firm are you with? My uncle practiced law in Florida for nearly 20 years before moving last year back to Carmel to retire. I would be curious if he knows of it.

I have my own practice for the past 9 yrs. As you know, the real-estate market in general, and particularly, in South Florida has reached the point where a million dollar home/condo is quite average. When, and if, this market will burst in anybody's guess. Miami, in particular, continues to build, but it is unique, in that well-heeled South Americans and Europeans are still buying up properties.
Speculators are buying further and further into Northern Florida as the last of the great deals are slowly evaporating.

GAZZA-I will buy you a $9.50 drink in New York to help with the costs!!!
[Edited by jb]
June 25th, 2005 02:49 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Loyalty is a two way street, boy...

So is good posting. jb has wandered onto those dirt roads that no one knows exactly where the go. You can only hope he gets eaten by migrant workers.

My lawyers has instructed me only reply to posts about Josh made by others, not to jb directly. We are trying to avoid an ugly lawsuit. Seems his tailfeathers were bruised by a few swift kicks in the ass, and now he wants revenge.

There's also a non profit group called Do Not Greeter. We will be at Stones shows protecting fans from his negative bullshit!
June 25th, 2005 03:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Loyalty is a two way street, boy...

Well, that all depends on who's on top calling the shots.
June 25th, 2005 03:24 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well, that all depends on who's on top calling the shots.

Exactly MM.....wandering from the various boards can produce divergent paths that we may chose to follow or reject.
[Edited by jb]
June 25th, 2005 03:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

And if you haven't ever seen U2, I suggest you do - they put on an excellent show. And if you have never seen them play Dublin, well, it's akin to Bruce in Jersey. I've done both a number of times over the years, and it's great stuff - unforgetable really.

seen them there on Zooropa tour in 1993 (the show that was broadcast on the radio the same night)

Jagger was sitting in the same stand as I was. He apparently enjoyed it too.

Springsteen with the E-Street Band in NJ is the one "must do" show I still have to do.
June 25th, 2005 03:33 PM
jb Jagger always checks out the competition ....pure, calculated, and stone cold.
June 25th, 2005 03:41 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:
Why must my so-called friends humiliate me? Why?

Because, by the way you post, you seem to like it sooo much!
June 25th, 2005 04:25 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Only one group of people to blame for any 'decline'. here's a clue - there's four of them in the group and they're English.(and no, its not the Spice Girls..)

Gawd man, those Beatles take the heat for everything these days!
June 25th, 2005 04:38 PM
Poplar
you U2 haters always call Bono a twat. whatever.

All i know is I got U2 floor tickets (GA, no less) for 49 bucks. And the show was great. Think i'm gonna pay 300+ for some lousy seat on the floor for a band that brings the goods maybe every 2nd or 3rd show?

from a music fan's perspective - really - who is the twat? mick or bono?
June 25th, 2005 05:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
GAZZA-I will buy you a $9.50 drink in New York to help with the costs!!!

I dont need your charity, bitch...
June 25th, 2005 05:57 PM
White House Lawn I'm enjoying Capitol-era Sinatra more then the Stones--or anything else--these days! Has anybody seen my teeth? :P
June 25th, 2005 07:19 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

you U2 haters always call Bono a twat. whatever.

All i know is I got U2 floor tickets (GA, no less) for 49 bucks. And the show was great. Think i'm gonna pay 300+ for some lousy seat on the floor for a band that brings the goods maybe every 2nd or 3rd show?

from a music fan's perspective - really - who is the twat? mick or bono?

O.K.-so you enjoy U2 more.
June 25th, 2005 07:59 PM
Gazza I still always enjoy the Stones more simply because their music is better and means more to me on a personal level.

U2 are a band to me that I happen to like, and some of whose music strikes a chord in me - the Stones are a way of life that I happen to feel very passionately about, whether its positive or negative.

One thing that did strike me the other night in Glasgow, however was the difference between the two audiences. A 50,000 crowd and EVERYONE was up for the whole show, singing along to EVERY song and familiar with the new songs, which made up about a third of the show.

None of this disrespectful mass exodus to the toilet that you get at the same couple of songs at a Stones gig, no mass disinterest in the newer material and no old farts sitting with their hands under their ass behind you telling you to sit down because THEY paid a sum equivalent to the Gross National Product of an African country for their ticket and they take objection to YOU standing up and trying to get into every bloody song and not just the three or four that THEY happen to recognize.
June 25th, 2005 08:00 PM
sirmoonie The Eagles sicken me, as do their fans. Even as the kinder, gentler person that I now am, I feel no remorse in characterizing Eagles fans as retards barely fit to breathe the same air as I breathe. They sicken me.
June 25th, 2005 08:25 PM
charlotte Gazza, that's what drives me nuts about stadium shows, out of the 65,000,about 50,000(or more) could care less about the new songs, nothing but the "Licks" set list...If they played all of Some Girls and the entire new song list and a few diamonds in the dust I would be over joyed...
June 25th, 2005 08:30 PM
PeerQueer I bet U2 in Glasgow was very cool. Of all my travels, have never been there - close, but not there, and I really should as my people are Ulster-Irish, so very close to our Scottish brothers and sisters.

How does it rank with Dublin? Dublin is among the greatest cities per square foot of any in the world. Great pubs - the best I've seen, and I've seen many- from all angles!

Gazza, your words regarding U2 and the Stones were spot-on. U2 is a very good band, and has been for 20 years now. The Stones are, at their best, a GREAT band, though as some have said, they are not always at their best, though at their age, is that possible? And I would have to say, when they are at their best these days, it has more to do with Mick's sheer will-power than anything else - he flat out carries this band these days. I love Keith, but he is either too lazy, too tired, too out of it, or a combination of all those things, to deliver the goods at the level we wish he would. With Keith we get flashes - then it's back to him coasting on his rep. Charlie is reliable as ever, Ronnie this past tour seemed far more reliable than Keith night in and night out, though Keith at 70% can still outshine Mr. Wood by sheer force of personality, which Keith has in spades.

Anyway, I'm rambling again - just wanted to comment on your words regarding U2 and The Stones. In my brief time on this board, you already appear to be quite intelligent regarding not only The Stones, but music in general.

Well done!
June 25th, 2005 08:48 PM
texile sad, but true gazza...........
i'm offended when people go get a beer during kieth's set, but then again, peerqueer is correct - keith is part of the problem.......he's happy enough just to play, but the creative output has been stalled for years - and the stones have lost that sense of relevance to fans.
June 25th, 2005 09:00 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
The Eagles sicken me, as do their fans. Even as the kinder, gentler person that I now am, I feel no remorse in characterizing Eagles fans as retards barely fit to breathe the same air as I breathe. They sicken me.

Maybe they sicken you Moonie and that is your right

But they repulse me. I feel like projectile vomiting when I hear Hotel whatever

I get the trots when i hear "Witchy Women"

They need to be stopped
June 25th, 2005 09:06 PM
texile but they're so benign.......
not weighty enough to despise;
but then, banality is the suggestion of all evil....lol.
June 25th, 2005 09:09 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, Humiliation is admitting to actually speaking to the mother of all frauds-Dan Marino.
Come to Fenway!!

say what?
fraud you say?

he never had shit to play with other than duper, clayton and mcduffie 3 recievers...never a running game or a defense to match the offense!

well your lucky run is over wiess is gone and pretty boy brady will follow his rings with a shit season.
and as much as our season sucked last year showing the world on monday nite football that brady sucks and beating the pats was worth it. tom brady meet jason taylor.

oh and it took a frikkin' rule change for for manning to break his record after 20 years (along with feasting on weak opponents all year-check his record and games he had more then 3 td's- detriot-chiefs, etc) , which i might add marino shattered the previous record held by tarkenton by 20 plus td's. if marino played indoors he would have had 60 td's. marino's record was done outdoors against the elements and stronger opponents.

to add one more thing the patsies lucky run was started by a bs call as oakland beat the patsies! tuck rule my ass.

marino is fine on cbs its horsemouth shannon sharp that has to go (as for picking the steelers they played bad as big ben came down to earth) and dan is very good on hbo infl "the show the pros watch".

[Edited by chevysales]
June 25th, 2005 09:14 PM
jb We're 1!!!
June 25th, 2005 09:15 PM
PeerQueer I am hopeful that Keith too will be much more motivated this time out. I want to believe he still has some fire left in him, and combined with Jagger's always-burning desire to be relevent, it might just prove to be, as I said earlier, their most sincere effort in many years. With his oft-stated fondness for Charlie, the health scare of the past year should motivate Keith- though will and should are often very different things.

I remember watching an HBO replay of the MSG show last tour - (I was there in person as well)when Keith gets pissed about the sound mix. Good God did he look fierce! THAT's the Keith I want - proud, angry, dangerous, and when it all comes together, flat out brilliant - when combined with Jagger, hands down the best 1-2 punch in rock history. (MSG was a pretty good show overall by the way.)

C'mon Keith - give us the goods you old bastard! Show these punk kids who still is the man! Please-please-please
June 25th, 2005 09:19 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Maybe they sicken you Moonie and that is your right

But they repulse me. I feel like projectile vomiting when I hear Hotel whatever

I get the trots when i hear "Witchy Women"

They need to be stopped

I was trying to be diplomatic. But yes, they repulse me too. The very existence of the Eagles and their fans repulses me. I despise them like a crawling verminal sickness.
June 25th, 2005 09:19 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
We're 1!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19270&item=5592009044&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

jb did you notice the high bidder on this one?

Your great friend

tele!
June 25th, 2005 09:20 PM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I am hopeful that Keith too will be much more motivated this time out. I want to believe he still has some fire left in him, and combined with Jagger's always-burning desire to be relevent, it might just prove to be, as I said earlier, their most sincere effort in many years. With his oft-stated fondness for Charlie, the health scare of the past year should motivate Keith- though will and should are often very different things.

I remember watching an HBO replay of the MSG show last tour - (I was there in person as well)when Keith gets pissed about the sound mix. Good God did he look fierce! THAT's the Keith I want - proud, angry, dangerous, and when it all comes together, flat out brilliant - when combined with Jagger, hands down the best 1-2 punch in rock history. (MSG was a pretty good show overall by the way.)

C'mon Keith - give us the goods you old bastard! Show these punk kids who still is the man! Please-please-please

Keith has never fully recovered from the Taylor exodus...He was still excellent from 75-78....but once he knew he had no one to burn his as, he became a slacker....You know dam well why Mick permits all those jack-asses on stage..to over for his inept guitar players......there is no way Jagger would allow it, let alone Keith, if those two wankers(Keith and Ronnie) could even match 1/2 of their abilities........
June 25th, 2005 09:39 PM
Nellcote Hey Chevy Sales! Welcome Back!
You used to post here..hmm if I recall,
that was before The Pats won 3 Super Bowls...
Anyway, say what you want, The Pats are the team to beat again....and you know it!
June 25th, 2005 09:41 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Chevy Sales! Welcome Back!
You used to post here..hmm if I recall,
that was before The Pats won 3 Super Bowls...
Anyway, say what you want, The Pats are the team to beat again....and you know it!

Nellie, thanks for beating the Phillies today!!!
June 25th, 2005 09:49 PM
Nellcote And the World Series Express rolls on..
The trophy went to all 351 cities & towns in Massachusetts..
June 25th, 2005 09:52 PM
Bloozehound hey nellie, I'm going to go see yer boy Shooter tomorrow night

maybe he'll be better live than on record, I'm giving him another chance
June 25th, 2005 09:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I bet U2 in Glasgow was very cool. Of all my travels, have never been there - close, but not there, and I really should as my people are Ulster-Irish, so very close to our Scottish brothers and sisters.

culturally and in many ways, the Scots and Irish have a lot of similarities (maybe more so with Northern Irish - like me - as most of our ancestry is Scottish)

what part of Ulster are your family from?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)