ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tour schedule (confirmed dates) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
May 14th, 2005 12:13 PM
Gazza Nah...I would barely know most of them, to be honest.

I'm in the north west once in a while though. Was in Manchester (flying in and outta Liverpool) for the England/ N.Ireland game in March and I'll be doing the same thing in July when I go over to see Lucinda Williams.

I'll definitely go and see the Stones if they're playing anywhere around there next year though. I missed the Manchester show in 2003 because I'd been to all the rest of the London & Glasgow shows prior to that and simply needed a break before going to Dublin and over to London again.

Dont worry, you wont miss anything about any UK shows on here. Plus a few of us tend to keep each other informed on anything like that by text or e-mails
May 14th, 2005 07:35 PM
charlotte For those who are interested in Charlotte tickets:

Buying and reselling event tickets on eBay is 100% legal. However, some states impose limitations on resale prices for resold tickets to events located in their states. In such states, these regulations apply only to buyers and sellers located in the same state as the actual event. Fill out the form below to learn about specific state regulations.

North Carolina state law limits the resale ticket price for this event location, so your maximum bid cannot exceed $698.00. This is on eBay-$350 each

Cannot sell for more than face value....if you live in NC
[Edited by charlotte]
May 15th, 2005 03:24 AM
BillyBoll Hi JaggerLips.

Where abouts in Liverpool are you?

I live in Halewood and was born and raised in Mossley Hill/Allerton.
May 15th, 2005 11:30 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
Hi JaggerLips.

Where abouts in Liverpool are you?

I live in Halewood and was born and raised in Mossley Hill/Allerton.

You southern Liverpudlian you! I live in Thornton, born in Fazakerly hospital and raised in Crosby!

CHECK YOUR PM BillyBoll!
[Edited by JaggerLips]
May 15th, 2005 12:51 PM
Flairville I'm from the North too, Stockport, near Manchester. A gig at the Appollo would be beyond amazing, the MEN gig last time was really good and the best audience recording of any of the UK gigs IMHO. Any of you planning on going to the States to see a show? I am, just haven't decided where yet. Oh and BillyBoll you're discs will be mailed tomorrow! hope to meet loads of you in the near future
May 15th, 2005 02:43 PM
brianjones27 I'm a huge Stones fan and this is may be the first and last time I ever see the Stones and my dream has come true. No one will ruin my concert experience for me when I go see them at the Delta Center........NO ONE! I'm serious, if some ass hole spills beer on me or something I'm gonna kill 'im. Going with my Dad, a fellow Stones fan.
May 15th, 2005 02:46 PM
JaggerLips Flairville I went the MEN concert too! Wasn't that the best 2 hours you could spend in your life doing anything!!!!????

Still get visions of Mick in his green hat doing the introductions

What was that think Keith was saying about doing something al fresco???

Was thinking we could exchange email addresses to keep each other informed about concert announcements and such so we don't miss out!!!
Would kick myself if I couldn't get a ticket!
May 15th, 2005 03:12 PM
Flairville JaggerLips, you've got a PM!!
May 15th, 2005 03:17 PM
BillyBoll Flairville,

Cheers for the discs.

I and a few of my mates and associated partners are considering MSG in December.

Here's hoping for the Apollo!!
May 15th, 2005 03:21 PM
Flairville Excellent. Would love to meet you mate. Keep me posted about your USA trip a load of Brits in New York for the Stones would be great! You've got my email address. Ben.
May 15th, 2005 03:24 PM
BillyBoll That of course would be January for a potential MSG gig!
May 15th, 2005 04:51 PM
JaggerLips Flairville and BillyBoll you've got PM's!

STONES TO DO THE CAVERN (IN MY DREAMS)
(AP/REUTERS)

Sir Mick Jagger the frontman of the Rolling Stones said today that the Stones plan to do the Cavern in Liverpool "Yeah we did the Cavern when we started out, of course the Cavern now has changed, it's the other side of the street, I'm sure it will still have the same feel to it"

OH I WISH THEY'D DO THE CAVERN!
May 15th, 2005 10:46 PM
gustavobala please, this just a silly...a friend says in the MTV local(brazilian) , stones will be in rio 14 Febreary...

i don't know (repeat) if it's true!

let's wait, ok?
May 16th, 2005 05:43 AM
charlotte Just in case some missed it on RS.com (everyone must use the same webmaster)

http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/static/stones.htm

[Edited by charlotte]
May 16th, 2005 09:03 AM
Gazza
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
please, this just a silly...a friend says in the MTV local(brazilian) , stones will be in rio 14 Febreary...

i don't know (repeat) if it's true!

let's wait, ok?

Michael Cohl said the American leg runs from January 7 - February 7 after which they will play Puerto Rico, Mexico and then South America.

If that's chronologically correct, 14th February seems a bit early for Rio but I would certainly expect the South American shows to be in the second half of that month.
May 16th, 2005 10:49 AM
charlotte NY TIMES
May 16, 2005
Feeling No Pain
By BOB HERBERT
Go, geezers!

Who among the teenyboppers shrieking for the Rolling Stones during their first American tour in June 1964 could have possibly imagined that some of their grandchildren would be shrieking for the Stones with the same levels of delirium in 2005, more than 40 years later?

Mick Jagger's mug may have the look of a petrified fielder's mitt, but 25-year-old Laurin Mack of Middleburg, Va., still thinks he's the sexiest man on the planet. "I realize he's as old as my dad," she said, "but it's like a chemical reaction. He was probably born sexy."

When the Stones first came to the states (four months after the Beatles), the Watusi and the monkey were big dances, Barry Goldwater embodied the hopes of the Republican Party, and John Kennedy had been dead less than a year. Bill Clinton and George W. Bush were both 17.

"It was the first time we went to Omaha that I really understood how heavy it could get," said Keith Richards in an oral history compiled by the Canadian writer Alan Lysaght. "We were just sitting around drinking whiskey and Coke out of little cups before we went on and the cops walked in and said, 'What's in that cup?' "

Richards replied, "Whiskey, sir." A cop said, "You can't drink that here; it's a public place. Throw it down the drain." Richards said, "No."

When he looked up, Richards recalled, a loaded pistol was pointed at his head.

Three of the current Stones were on that tour - Jagger and Richards, who are now 61, and Charlie Watts, who will be 64 in 21/2 weeks. Joking about their ages has proved irresistible. The Daily News came up with titles for new songs they might consider playing on their upcoming tour, including "(I Can't Get No) Metamucil" and "Let's Take a Nap Together."

A young Times employee was astonished to learn that Richards is old enough to have been evacuated with his family during the bombing of London by the Nazis in World War II.

You could get a ticket to a Stones concert in 1964 for two or three dollars. They didn't have a huge hit record and were pretty widely viewed as a rowdy, unkempt imitation of the Beatles. Forget 2005 (and its top ticket price of $453). They seemed unlikely to survive until 1965.

But while no one would have guessed that the Stones were 21st-century bound, the essential ingredients for their longevity were already in place. They were decent musicians and they put on a great show. The main attraction was Jagger's manic magnetism. Short, skinny and 21, he was a cross between a rooster and a lightning bolt.

The Stones were fun.

The whole key to the Stones was that they were masters of make-believe. They played at being blues musicians. They gleefully marketed themselves as the outrageous, anarchic alternative to the Beatles, when in fact, as Richards noted in the oral history, the Beatles "were the same kind of blokes as us."

Now, in the latest of their incarnations, they are charming, aged delinquents playing their former selves.

The Stones really did love the blues, and they promoted many of the old blues masters. But the Stones' own music was a different story. They took the blues and wrung out the grief and sadness until all that was left in most cases was the fun. (My father would have said they took out all the vitamins.)

When the Stones sang, "It's too much pain and too much sorrow," they sounded like the happiest guys in the world. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" sounds like the temporary disappointment of a frat boy on an off night.

While entertaining, those kinds of pieces are a long way from the sound and feel of Robert Johnson singing, "Li'l girl, my life seem so misery," or Muddy Waters begging, "Baby, please don't go."

The Stones learned enough from the blues to lift their best work above the level of the rock 'n' roll mainstream, and the rest was pretty much unadulterated fun. It's been working for them for more than 40 years.

"You don't find bands like that anymore," said Brendan Burke, a 22-year-old Stones fan who graduated last year from New York University. Their age, he said, doesn't bother him at all.

On a hunch, I asked him what he thought of as the age when people started getting old.

"Forty," he said. There was silence on the telephone. Brendan hung in there. "Forty or 45," he said.

E-mail: [email protected]

May 16th, 2005 11:41 AM
gustavobala thanxs gazza, we will wait...
May 16th, 2005 09:48 PM
kahoosier IORR has posted dates for the Hollywood Palladium on November 8 and The Hollywood Bowl as November 6. Dates , once actually given at IORR beyond the vague FALL or Winter are usually pretty good. Time to shift my whole October plans to one week later!
May 17th, 2005 10:34 AM
charlotte 05.17.05 The Stones are on their way and they're bringing company!
The Stones Announce Opening Acts

The Rolling Stones have revealed a partial list of bands that will open for them when they hit the road later this summer. Among the bands scheduled to share the stage with the Stones are Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5, The Tragically Hip, Pearl Jam, and John Mayer Trio. Keep your eyes on the site for the further announcement of opening acts.

Date City Venue Support
August 21, 2005 Boston Fenway Park Black Eyed Peas

August 23, 2005 Boston Fenway Park Black Eyed Peas

August 26, 2005 Hartford Rentschler Stadium (U Conn.) Maroon 5

August 31, 2005 Detroit Comerica Park Maroon 5

September 3, 2005 Moncton Magnetic Hill The Tragically Hip, Maroon 5

September 28, 2005 Pittsburgh PNC Park Pearl Jam

October 3, 2005 Washington, DC MCI Center John Mayer Trio

October 10, 2005 Philadelphia Wachovia Center John Mayer Trio
May 17th, 2005 11:20 AM
CS East Hartford second stop on Rolling Stones tour
By: Bill Doak 05/16/2005
Email to a friend Voice your opinion Printer-friendly

East Hartford, always concerned about improving its image, could fire up the jet-turbine-powered slogan machines here in Huskyville this summer.

Well, considering none other than The Rolling Stones are coming to perform at Rentschler Field here in August, maybe the town won't have to hire as many consultants to make sure the town gets on the map. Now the only question will be whether the town's new darlings, the University of Connecticut football team, will be eclipsed by all the pending fuss over the Rolling Stones which had even the mayor humming along to their music in his office this week.

Advertisement

"Mick - Welcome to East Hartford," Mayor Timothy D. Larson was practicing with a smile.

It is probably just a matter of an agenda item before East Hartford's Economic Development Commission will have the town knock, knock knockin' on heaven's door, getting down offa Cloud 9, getting 'satisfaction' or finally dancing to a little brown sugar leading up to August 26.

Tuesday afternoon, at a free three-song outdoor concert in Manhattan, the Stones announced they will go on tour. Madison Square Garden-Connecticut booked the Rolling Stones for Rentschler Field as the second stop of the tour. The band opens their international concert schedule on August 21 at Fenway Park in Boston.

Tickets go on sale Saturday, May 21 at 10 a.m. priced at $60, $95, and $160 (plus a $2.00 state surcharge). The price for the East Hartford show is less than the Boston performance. Many expect the Stones will add another performance date for Rentschler once the first show sells out.

A limited number of gold circle tickets will also be available. Tickets will be on sale at all Ticketmaster locations, including Filene's at the Buckland Hills Mall and at the Westfarms Mall. Tickets may also be charged by phone at (860) 525-4500, (203) 744-8100, (203) 624-0033 or (413) 733-2500 or online at www.Ticketmaster.com. Tickets,
if available, will be sold at the Hartford Civic Center Box Office starting Monday, May 23 at noon. There is not a box office at Rentschler Field.

Tickets are limited to 12 per person. The concert will take place rain or shine and is the third concert that Rentschler Field will have hosted since opening in the fall of 2003. East Hartford hosted Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band on September 16 and 18 of that year.

This summer Rentschler Field will also host a number of high-profile sporting events. In rugby, the U.S.A. Eagles will play Wales in the team's only match on home turf this year on June 4 and the U.S.A. plays Trinidad and Tobago in a World Cup qualifying soccer match on August 17.

The Coca-Cola Governor's Cup High School All-Star football game takes place on June 30.

©East Hartford Gazette 2005
May 17th, 2005 11:57 AM
mac_daddy looks like pearl jam will open at least once

http://www.dve.com/whatsnew/concerts.html
May 17th, 2005 12:08 PM
charlotte Look at my post above Mac...that's official
September 28, 2005 Pittsburgh PNC Park Pearl Jam
[Edited by charlotte]
May 17th, 2005 12:11 PM
mac_daddy doh!

hey - check your pm (re: c'ville)
May 18th, 2005 10:43 AM
gustavobala again in brazil (www.terra.com.br, go to the link: musica) says the show in rio will be in 14, febreary 2006!
May 18th, 2005 10:19 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
again in brazil (www.terra.com.br, go to the link: musica) says the show in rio will be in 14, febreary 2006!

I want to go there!
May 19th, 2005 11:40 AM
J.J.Flash THEY WOULD NEVER SCHEDULE THE SOUTH AMERICAN LEG WITH ONLY RIO DE JANEIRO. That gig can't take place at the beach, GOD FORBID. They must use the old formula, for goodness sakes. Stadiums at Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Buenos Aires and Motevideu.
May 19th, 2005 12:23 PM
erikjjf Feb 14 at the Maracaña and Feb 18 at Praia de Copacabana as per IORR.
May 19th, 2005 12:32 PM
J.J.Flash The capital city of Rock'n'Roll is São Paulo, not Rio de Janeiro. Surely there will be a Stadium (possibly Pacaembu or São Paulo Futebol Clube's Morumbi stadium) arranged for the capital of Rock'n'Roll.

Word!
May 19th, 2005 12:40 PM
gustavobala they says 400.000 in a free concert in copacabana beach in Rio....lol

will be more than 1 million there...!
May 19th, 2005 12:48 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
they says 400.000 in a free concert in copacabana beach in Rio....lol

will be more than 1 million there...!

Who says?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)