ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tour schedule (confirmed dates) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
May 11th, 2005 10:28 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i'll be a bit bummed if my "opening night" plans get pre-empted...

They did it to us last time. Gillette was announced as opening night and put on sale then they backed up and actually opened the tour at the Fleet Center arena.
May 11th, 2005 12:37 PM
mac_daddy yikes! i forgot about that...

maybe that is why they got permission for two nights at fenway this time, and announced the first night first...

maybe the did the shuffle last time because there was no other logistically-feasible(sic) venue for them to play...

a boy can hope, anyway...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 11th, 2005 12:47 PM
BillyBoll Anybody heard any mention of a rumoured show at the Manchester Apollo?

I know its a long time off and a long way away from all of your current worries about US tickets but I just came across a mention on IORR.....
May 11th, 2005 02:28 PM
Rolling1 Wrote savvis (st louis) last evening and they replied this morning

"We are in discussions with the Rolling Stones and are hopeful of getting a Savvis Center date on their tour this winter, but have nothing confirmed to announce at this time. I'm sorry I couldn't help more."

Jocks have been saying mid december for a few weeks. Maybe will get the last date as BtB with special guests and ppv. can you say chuck berry
May 11th, 2005 04:12 PM
Gazza I've now added the shows in San Francisco (13th Nov) and Glendale, Az (27th Nov) to the list

They werent listed on the schedule posted on rs.com yesterday but have now been added today and are both listed on ticketmaster. San Francisco is available now on pre-sale
[Edited by Gazza]
May 12th, 2005 07:10 AM
SandraC are they coming to israel?
May 12th, 2005 08:26 AM
Gazza apparently, yes

There was a story in the Jersualem Post a couple of weeks ago about a show next summer at Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv.
May 12th, 2005 09:27 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
nothing about the south america leg?

Just that it is already set up, but no solid dates mentioned. We just know after the press conference with certainty that it will pass here in February.

I pray that they schedule as in 95, 3 gigs at least for Brazil, and no beach bullshit......just Maracana (Rio) and Pacaembu/Morumbi (São Paulo) Stadiums
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
May 12th, 2005 10:08 AM
gustavobala me too, jj, me too

well, in copacabana beach will be cool too!

another altamont?
May 12th, 2005 10:27 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
me too, jj, me too

well, in copacabana beach will be cool too!

another altamont?

Altamont had no "arrastão" though.....plus, Copacabana wouldn't have a strictly Rock'n'Roll crowd, do you understand me?

Even with a huge effective (military police taking care of the security), they never experienced something like this taking place at a no-limit venue. Rock in Rio for instance was closed, restrict area, but this wouldn't be the case of Copacabana beach.

This thing wouldn't work in any place anyway, neither US or Europe.
May 12th, 2005 10:59 AM
Jerry in Boston There's already talk about a warm-up on the 19th here in Boston! It's just rumor, of course, but maybe try to arrive in Boston a few days early if you can. If this rumor of an intimate show doesn't pan out, at the very least you all can enjoy the city before the Sunday night Fenway show.
May 12th, 2005 11:19 AM
GimmeExile IORR is now listing rumored shows back-to-back: Soldier Field Sept 10 and 11; MCI Center Oct 3 and 4; Wachovia Center Oct 10 and 11.

I thought the Stones didn't do back-to-back shows anymore?
[Edited by GimmeExile]
May 12th, 2005 11:21 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
IORR is not listing rumored shows back-to-back: Soldier Field Sept 10 and 11; MCI Center Oct 3 and 4; Wachovia Center Oct 10 and 11.

I thought the Stones didn't do back-to-back shows anymore?

"not" or "now"..?
May 12th, 2005 11:55 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

"not" or "now"..?

Good catch! I meant "now" and have edited the orignal post.

I find the rumored schedule on IORR for the first two weeks of October to be highly unlikely:

Oct 1 - Hersheypark Stadium
Oct 3 - MCI Center
Oct 4 - MCI Center
Oct 6 - Scott Stadium
Oct 8 - Borgota
Oct 10 - Wachovia Center
Oct 11 - Wachovia Center

Good God, that looks exhausting. They didn't have that many shows crammed together last time.

May 12th, 2005 02:55 PM
Dan Maybe Bernard can sing the whole show on 2nd nights?
May 12th, 2005 06:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I find the rumored schedule on IORR for the first two weeks of October to be highly unlikely:

Oct 1 - Hersheypark Stadium
Oct 3 - MCI Center
Oct 4 - MCI Center
Oct 6 - Scott Stadium
Oct 8 - Borgota
Oct 10 - Wachovia Center
Oct 11 - Wachovia Center

same here
May 12th, 2005 07:02 PM
Dan I bet a 2nd Philly show would be on Oct 12, I am sure Hershey and Charlottesville will divert some of the demand for a 2nd show in either Philly or WDC, while they can always hit those places again in Jan/Feb if the demand is there for more shows.
May 13th, 2005 08:40 AM
charlotte Charlotte NC:Tickets for Rolling Stones ON STAGE World Tour go on sale Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 10 a.m. Ticket prices will be $160.00, $95.00 and $60.00 (plus applicable service fees). A limited number of gold circle tickets will also be available. Tickets will be available online at www.newcharlottearena.com or www.cellardoor.com or by calling 1-800-495-2295. Tickets also can be purchased in person at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center Ticket Outlet (line lottery will be utilized).
May 13th, 2005 06:48 PM
Gazza Fenway 2nd show (23rd August) has now been added

Public sale tomorrow (Saturday) and presale now available for Amex holders
May 13th, 2005 07:21 PM
mac_daddy thanks for the info...

i saw it too late - nothing worth buying: $450 or $100 grandstand (and the $450 seats sucked - the back left section)...

it will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow - will all these places sell out in the first hour..? the first day..?

May 13th, 2005 07:56 PM
charlotte 05.13.05 A Second Show At Fenway Announced! Tickets On Sale Now!

The Rolling Stones will perform a second show in Boston on August 23, 2005, with tickets going on sale to the general public this Saturday at 10:00 AM EST.

The Fan Club has been given an allotment of tickets for this show. These tickets will go on sale to Fan Club Members on Tuesday, May 17th.

There is a new batch of presales beginning on Tuesday, May 17th. Please use the chart below to help you understand your presale window.
May 13th, 2005 08:19 PM
Gazza so, its a "post sale" window then instead of a "pre sale" !

I notice that this is the first show available where the "pre 9.5.05" fan club members dont get a head start on buying tickets either..
[Edited by Gazza]
May 13th, 2005 11:35 PM
Lazy Bones The Moncton, NB show is now up on TM.ca...
May 14th, 2005 10:04 AM
JaggerLips I WANT UK DATES AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!!!

WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET TICKETS TO SEE THEM FOR THE SECOND TIME, ONCE ISN'T ENOUGH!!!!!

HOPE TO SEE THEM TWICE ON THE NEW TOUR.

ROLLING STONES ONSTAGE 2005-2006 !!!!!!
May 14th, 2005 10:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
I WANT UK DATES AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!!!

WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET TICKETS TO SEE THEM FOR THE SECOND TIME, ONCE ISN'T ENOUGH!!!!!

give me a call when you're ready. Should be easy to arrange! LOL

Tour itinerary now updated to include the 2nd San Francisco show.

May 14th, 2005 10:49 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

give me a call when you're ready. Should be easy to arrange! LOL

Tour itinerary now updated to include the 2nd San Francisco show.

And what would I have to do tell me!???!!!!!!!!!! Or is that a stupid question???
May 14th, 2005 10:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

And what would I have to do tell me!???!!!!!!!!!! Or is that a stupid question???

It is. Well you said you'd do 'anything' but some of us are less likely to exploit that than others!

I doubt they'll announce anything for Europe until November or probably December, to be honest.

What part of the UK are you in?
May 14th, 2005 11:05 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It is. Well you said you'd do 'anything' but some of us are less likely to exploit that than others!

I doubt they'll announce anything for Europe until November or probably December, to be honest.

What part of the UK are you in?

Liverpool! Where are you from? take it you are from the UK too otherwise you wouldn't have said give me a call.

At least the album is this year so that's something!!
May 14th, 2005 11:29 AM
Gazza ah, you're in Liverpool...same as Billyboll

I'm in Belfast. Have quite a few cousins in Liverpool though!

The Stones will probably do 2-3 shows at Wembley, although my guess is that they'll be spread around the tour schedule instead of all being in the one week - maybe one towards the start of the tour in Europe (June) as they want to be the first band to play there, and then again towards the end of the tour, around August.

I think you can expect a show in Manchester next year, which is closer to you, probably at the City of Manchester Stadium. They'll definitely play somewhere in the north or north west. Scotland and Ireland too perhaps.

A guy on another board who claimed he was an industry insider mentioned possible theatre shows at the Manchester Apollo and Shepherds Bush Empire - but then again he claimed he had heard part of the new album too, so whether he's taking the piss I dont know....
May 14th, 2005 11:45 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:
ah, you're in Liverpool...same as Billyboll

I'm in Belfast. Have quite a few cousins in Liverpool though!

The Stones will probably do 2-3 shows at Wembley, although my guess is that they'll be spread around the tour schedule instead of all being in the one week - maybe one towards the start of the tour in Europe (June) as they want to be the first band to play there, and then again towards the end of the tour, around August.

I think you can expect a show in Manchester next year, which is closer to you, probably at the City of Manchester Stadium. They'll definitely play somewhere in the north or north west. Scotland and Ireland too perhaps.

A guy on another board who claimed he was an industry insider mentioned possible theatre shows at the Manchester Apollo and Shepherds Bush Empire - but then again he claimed he had heard part of the new album too, so whether he's taking the piss I dont know....

Thanks for the insight!!!

So you visit your cousins often then? LOL
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)