ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio de Santo Domingo, El Ejido 30th June 2007
© Francisco Bonilla ¡¡ Gracias !!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The stones need a number one (read on please) Return to archive
30th June 2007 07:06 AM
bilsim As the stones begin to get on a little bit, they really need one thing to get is a number one in the US or UK, with downloads so high, it would only take every fan from IORR, RS.com and here to get them in to the top 10! I bought every single from A Bigger Bang, but what would it do for their own confidence, as much as they say they woulden't care either way, to have a number one to break the curse of not having one since the 70's? It would give them confidence, keeping them going, bring them back in to the public eye and therefore making more people aware of the stones. So, I'm not sure if they will release another single in support of Europe '07, but next time they do, we need to pull together and take the stones to number 1.
30th June 2007 08:13 AM
Some Guy They are pacing themselves.
30th June 2007 09:20 AM
Gazza As downloads are included in the UK chart positions now, I dont think you even need to release a single to get it charted.

I think the Stones actually had a minor chart entry here a few months ago with a song that had never been released as a single, thanks to a small amount of people downloading it after hearing it played frequently on radio or seeing it as part of an ad on TV. I think it was 'Gimme Shelter' actually. Sales were relatively tiny - maybe 2,000 or so - but still enough to get it charted.
30th June 2007 01:44 PM
fireontheplatter i highly doubt they are thinking about #1 smash hits at this point...if you know what i mean.

i bet they are thinking more about your 500 dollar front row seat.

but of course i support your idea 100%
30th June 2007 01:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i highly doubt they are thinking about #1 smash hits at this point...if you know what i mean.

i bet they are thinking more about your 500 dollar front row seat.

I'd agree with that, only I'd say that its more likely theyre thinking of ways to add an extra zero to the cost of that front row seat
30th June 2007 02:20 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'd agree with that, only I'd say that its more likely theyre thinking of ways to add an extra zero to the cost of that front row seat

if i were to consider 5 grand for a stones show....i'm thinking lazy boy chair on the stage with a table stand a 12 pack of beer and food service for the entire show...keiths side. 4 thou for ronnies side.

that sounds reasonable
30th June 2007 02:34 PM
Gazza Endless blow jobs throughout the evening by Halle Berry alternating with Monica Bellucci would be about the only way to get me to even think about doing that
30th June 2007 02:50 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Endless blow jobs throughout the evening by Halle Berry alternating with Monica Bellucci would be about the only way to get me to even think about doing that

i am not partial to either one of those womam...i am thinking jennifer aniston and mariah carey but i don't think i would last more than 15 seconds...so i'll stick with the lazy boy chair idea..bigger bang for my buck.
30th June 2007 02:58 PM
pdog When I see the charts, and how much the music that charts sucks IMO, why would anyone, who remotely likes The Stones, want to see them in the charts... It is this very thought process that has driven Jagger over the years, and we get Goddess In The doorway and A Bigger Bang... The good thing about Jagger, is he tries really hard to give it his all all. The bad thing is he tries really hard to give it his all...
30th June 2007 08:51 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
As downloads are included in the UK chart positions now, I dont think you even need to release a single to get it charted.

I think the Stones actually had a minor chart entry here a few months ago with a song that had never been released as a single, thanks to a small amount of people downloading it after hearing it played frequently on radio or seeing it as part of an ad on TV. I think it was 'Gimme Shelter' actually. Sales were relatively tiny - maybe 2,000 or so - but still enough to get it charted.

It was Gimme Shelter, it went to #153 on the charts with about 800 downloads. Paint It Black charted on the top 75 a month ago (#70) selling 1,500 digital downloads.
30th June 2007 08:53 PM
Highwire Rob Who needs #1s or BJs from gorgeous babes when we have this:

Shit! Bon Jovi don't have no ice cube tray!

Ice Cube Tray... The new "Lamp"

I like ice cube tray.
1st July 2007 01:59 AM
pdog
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Who needs #1s or BJs from gorgeous babes when we have this:

Shit! Bon Jovi don't have no ice cube tray!

Ice Cube Tray... The new "Lamp"

I like ice cube tray.

LOL!

The crap they sell...
1st July 2007 06:58 AM
corgi37 yeah Gazza. Gimme Shelter was in The Departed, wasnt it?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)