ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio de Santo Domingo, El Ejido 30th June 2007
© Francisco Bonilla ¡¡ Gracias !!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Prince In Trouble Return to archive
28th June 2007 09:49 PM
glencar http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2114557,00.html
28th June 2007 09:53 PM
tumbled He's so anti-establishment. where I work in Wash.dc, there is a theatre called the Warner Theatre and there are concrete slabs where artists like Johnny Cash, Bonnie Raitt, James Taylor, Frank Sinatra etc have signed their names, Bonnie's says No Nukes, Prince's is blank. I guess you can use your imagination for him or something..
28th June 2007 09:59 PM
glencar No Nukes? LOL She's so 1970's!
28th June 2007 10:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Everyone wants their cut.
28th June 2007 10:20 PM
parmeda Hey glenny - I don't think Prince is in trouble darlin'... he can give a rat's ass.

He obviously can afford the 'stunt' which also allows him to lift his head high...he ain't 'in this' for the money babe, he's got enough of that already! I'm almost certain he's kicked back laughing his ass off watching the suits having siezures over it, no?
28th June 2007 10:31 PM
glencar
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Hey glenny - I don't think Prince is in trouble darlin'... he can give a rat's ass.

He obviously can afford the 'stunt' which also allows him to lift his head high...he ain't 'in this' for the money babe, he's got enough of that already! I'm almost certain he's kicked back laughing his ass off watching the suits having siezures over it, no?

LOL Let's hope! I do think his next release might have trouble in the stores. But then again, the stores are on the way out, like it or not.
29th June 2007 10:38 AM
corgi37 Prince is soooooo 80's.
29th June 2007 02:15 PM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Prince is soooooo 80's.

Corgi is " THE KING !!!! "

29th June 2007 03:02 PM
gypsy Keep up your A-list postin', glencarp!
29th June 2007 03:16 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Keep up your A-list postin', glencarp!

Gyps ........................

See ya tonight :

|
|
V

http://www.dublinerpubomaha.com/music.html

JJJJJJJJJJJACKY CAKES !
29th June 2007 03:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:

What does "A" actually stand for?
I know "B" is for bullsit.
29th June 2007 03:20 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Prince is soooooo 80's.

No. You are merely dating your self.
29th June 2007 03:39 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Hi Jizzy !

29th June 2007 04:11 PM
pdog I remember when all the young black kids used to have fights over who was better, Prince or Michael Jackson...

Does anyone know the difference between Prince and Jacko...?

Prince makes great albums.

Jacko fucks little boys!!!
[Edited by pdog]
29th June 2007 04:19 PM
glencar
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I'll try. A bit of a struggle as you yourself know. It's tiring cutting & pasting!
29th June 2007 04:20 PM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

What does "A" actually stand for?
I know "B" is for bullsit.

You are a B-lister(blister!)!
29th June 2007 04:31 PM
gypsy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

I dated myself last night. I did! Really!

"Girls masturbate too, Ronnie!"
29th June 2007 04:32 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
You are a B-lister(blister!)!

It's time to hang it up, glencarp. You just don't have the gift.
29th June 2007 04:52 PM
glencar You mad at me again? What gives? I'm not mad at you...
29th June 2007 04:57 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
You mad at me again? What gives? I'm not mad at you...

You haven't called me in weeks.
I can't raise this baby alone, you know.
29th June 2007 04:58 PM
glencar But I sent the check on time!

-g. carp
29th June 2007 06:10 PM
gotdablouse Prince's carreer is down the drain anyway isn't it ? He probably doesn't sell much these days, and when was his last record that was half-interesting ? The one with Cream in 1990 ? The last good one was "Sign of the Times" and that was in 1987. At least the Stones still make music that's listenable !
29th June 2007 06:15 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I dated myself last night. I did! Really!

"Girls masturbate too, Ronnie!"

mmmmmmm ....... as the immortal Chauncy Gardner said, "I like to watch"

29th June 2007 08:30 PM
pdog
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Prince's carreer is down the drain anyway isn't it ? He probably doesn't sell much these days, and when was his last record that was half-interesting ? The one with Cream in 1990 ? The last good one was "Sign of the Times" and that was in 1987. At least the Stones still make music that's listenable !

Don't take this the wrong way, but you haven't got a clue what you're talking about, and I'm not even a Prince fan, I just know a few!
29th June 2007 08:56 PM
lotsajizz yeah. really....Prince has made excellent and consistent music through the 90's into this decade....he is as much a victim of the rap/pop media-blown explosion as any rocker has been....great music and no press, but don't mistake a lack of press for a lack of great music
29th June 2007 09:09 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
yeah. really....Prince has made excellent and consistent music through the 90's into this decade....he is as much a victim of the rap/pop media-blown explosion as any rocker has been....great music and no press, but don't mistake a lack of press for a lack of great music

Let's not take away, that he gave the record industry the biggest fuck you ever, which is why he dropped his name for a time , and was known as the artist, which is what he is... Dude can play a ton of instruments. Writes music like he's got a secret stash of inspiration, and when he performs he gives it 110% and has been known to perform for hours after a concert... I'm not even a fan, and im really impressed by him. Everyone I know who has been to his shows has been blown away...
29th June 2007 09:12 PM
lotsajizz I've seen a zillion artists...but never Prince, the biggest hole in my concert c.v....maybe I'll check him at his Vegas residency next year.
29th June 2007 10:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL Let's hope! I do think his next release might have trouble in the stores. But then again, the stores are on the way out, like it or not.

His next release is also being included with ticket purchases for his upcoming shows.

THAT is a good idea, because it means his audience should have a better opportunity to know new songs when he plays them. THIS newspaper giveaway appears to be commercial madness, but as Pammy says, he doesnt give a rat's ass.

If only there were more mavericks like him.
29th June 2007 10:57 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

His next release is also being included with ticket purchases for his upcoming shows.

THAT is a good idea, because it means his audience should have a better opportunity to know new songs when he plays them. THIS newspaper giveaway appears to be commercial madness, but as Pammy says, he doesnt give a rat's ass.

If only there were more mavericks like him.

The ticket and Cd combo is genius.... I bet Mick is wishing he's thought of it...
30th June 2007 12:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

The ticket and Cd combo is genius.... I bet Mick is wishing he's thought of it...

It doesnt count for chart sales, though. Maybe thats a deterrent.

Prince has been doing this for a couple of years now, though I think.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)