ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio de Santo Domingo, El Ejido 30th June 2007
© Francisco Bonilla ¡¡ Gracias !!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STOP THE PRESSES...!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th June 2007 11:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels June 28, 2007
Times Online

Spice Girls are back together again

Are you ready for some more Girl Power? All five Spice Girls appeared in public together for the first time in six years today as they announced an 11-date, eight-country world tour.

The tour will take in the USA, Britain, Germany, Spain, China, Australia, South Africa and Argentina. To register for tickets go to www.thespicegirls.com

Straddling Christmas, the tour will begin in Posh Spice Victoria Beckham’s new home Los Angeles on December 7, before visiting Las Vegas, New York City, London, Cologne, Madrid, Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney, Cape Town and Buenos Aires.

They will appear in London on December 15. Extra dates may be added.

The Nineties girl group, who parted ways in 2001, said they would not be performing at this weekend's Concert for Diana.

Princes William and Harry were said to have asked them to attend the anniversary event but the band said they could not take to the stage so soon because Baby Spice Emma Bunton is heavily pregnant.

Melanie Chisholm said: "We would have loved to be there this weekend. It's just unfortunate timing."

At a packed press conference at London’s 02 arena, formerly the Millennium Dome, the band were introduced by “Old Spice” Richard E Grant, who promised that the Spice Girls would “bring some colour back to your lives.”

In a typically tongue-in-cheek half hour of banter with the press, the band promised a tour featuring “five girls, lights, dancing, the dark side of the Spice Girls and topless dancing”.

The group stressed that unlike Take That, their comeback tour show will be truly international. “The thing that was different about the Spice Girls is that we were truly global” said Chisholm.

Looking relaxed and clearly enjoying themselves enormously, there were few signs of tension until Geri Halliwell promised to be “on my best behaviour” and Beckham responded with a heavily loaded “or else”.

Asked if they were worried about tensions and infighting on tour, Chisholm said “we used to have our spats, but we were kids then and we’re woman now”

They described their comeback as “a collective decision made at different times” and rubbished suggestions they wouldn’t be fit enough to perform.

Asked why she had taken so long to make up her mind about a reunion, Chisholm said “a girl’s allowed to change her mind. [The reunion is] something we’ve only been seriously discussing this year. The time is right. We want to have some fun and wanted to keep this announcement mysterious. We’re all very excited.”

Beckham said there would be a creche on the tour to accommodate the seven Baby Spices the band members will have between them once Bunton gives birth.

Beckham said: "We're definitely going to have a huge creche. Our priority is going to be our families. We want to have fun.

"That's one of the many reasons for this, for our children to see what we used to do."

Halliwell said of the reunion: "Obviously it's nostalgic. But equally, if new fans want to come along, that's fantastic.

"I like to think our songs are universal and they are timeless. Hopefully, the kids will like it too."

Halliwell revealed she had recently met new Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

“He seemed a nice enough fellow, when you peel away the layers a bit” she said.

The band relished bashing representatives of the Daily Mail and the Mirror, but claimed they were big fans of Channel 4 news anchor Jon Snow.

They revealed that preparations for their comeback tour will be captured in a television documentary directed by Beatles Anthology film-maker Bob Smeaton.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
28th June 2007 11:59 AM
FotiniD I'm too bored to read this so I don't know if it's mentioned, but I read they're in the studio to record their vocals for the tour Who would actually pay to see them?
28th June 2007 12:10 PM
Dan I didn't think they would play outside England.
28th June 2007 12:57 PM
glencar Posh needs to lighten up!
28th June 2007 01:05 PM
Nellcote Will Eddie Murphy be the opening act?

28th June 2007 01:06 PM
Saint Sway at this age in their lives, is it really necessary for them to go by their band nicknames??

what woman in her 40's goes around being called "Sporty Spice" ??
28th June 2007 01:13 PM
glencar Er, "Baby Spice" is definitely the hardest one to swallow these dyas. She looks more like a pair of twin babies now.
28th June 2007 02:58 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
Er, "Baby Spice" is definitely the hardest one to swallow these dyas. She looks more like a pair of twin babies now.

And naturally, the hottest one is the one who didn't have any kids.
28th June 2007 02:59 PM
glencar She's a lesbian, jack!
28th June 2007 03:03 PM
Saint Sway whats wrong, Dan, mommy didnt breast feed you long enough??
28th June 2007 03:04 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
She's a lesbian, jack!

They should incorporate some of that into the stage show then. It's not like it's going to be the same kind of audience as ten years ago.
28th June 2007 03:14 PM
glencar I don't think she's "out" if you know what I'm saying (and I'm sure YOU do...).
28th June 2007 03:17 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
I don't think she's "out" if you know what I'm saying (and I'm sure YOU do...).

I don't think she really is, but "coming out" might garner attention and boost ticket sales.
28th June 2007 03:46 PM
pdog After they kicked Skanky Spice out, I lost all interest.
28th June 2007 03:50 PM
glencar She didn't leave; they just changed her name to Posh.
28th June 2007 03:53 PM
pdog They really kicked her out... This is the last known photo...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
28th June 2007 03:57 PM
glencar LOL She's got 2 TV's in her kitchen! I'm guessing she's not one for cooking...well, not in the traditional sense of teh word!
28th June 2007 04:01 PM
pdog You're thinking of Gold Digger Spice!

28th June 2007 04:02 PM
pdog BDSM Soice never made it past the 1st round...

28th June 2007 04:04 PM
pdog Christian Family Values Spice looked good on paper...

28th June 2007 04:05 PM
glencar I'd like to see more of that last one...
28th June 2007 04:05 PM
Joey

I continue .....................

Repeat ..... I CONTINUE to be madly in love with Paris Hilton .

Jacky Hilton ! ™
28th June 2007 04:24 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

I continue .....................

Repeat ..... I CONTINUE to be madly in love with Paris Hilton .

Jacky Hilton ! ™

She will be in attendance at the LA show unless she is in jail. You going to come out? If the show is where I am thinking it's going to be I might be able to get us passes for the VIP lounge.
28th June 2007 04:26 PM
pdog Barely Legal spice made a ton of money with Larry Flint.

28th June 2007 04:28 PM
pdog Retarded Spice shit herself, on purpose!

28th June 2007 04:29 PM
pdog Joey Spice comtinues to perform at rest stops all across Nebraska.

28th June 2007 04:30 PM
pdog Dan Spice is still trying out for Gwar!

28th June 2007 04:31 PM
pdog Sway Spice is still suing his plastic surgeon.

28th June 2007 04:33 PM
pdog Gangsta Spice was killed in a drive through Burger King!

28th June 2007 04:34 PM
pdog School Girl Spice is stripping, to pay for school, striper school!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)