ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio de Santo Domingo, El Ejido 30th June 2007
© Francisco Bonilla ¡¡ Gracias !!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Messed up World : Bon Jovi #1 in the US Return to archive
27th June 2007 01:54 PM
gotdablouse (NSC)

How much worse can it get : "Bon Jovi Scores First No. 1 Album Since 1988"

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003604227

[Edited by gotdablouse]
27th June 2007 01:56 PM
gimmekeef You trying to ruin Gazza's adventures?
27th June 2007 02:24 PM
mrhipfl It's one of their worst albums. No country, no rock, just pure pop.
27th June 2007 02:42 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
It's one of their worst albums. No country, no rock, just pure pop.

No offence to personal taste...but some here would say there all tied for last.....
27th June 2007 04:22 PM
gotdablouse Yes, that one is even blander than usual.
I must admit I quite liked the one from 1987, I think it was called "New Jersey".
27th June 2007 05:09 PM
fireontheplatter they help with habitat for humanity
they write and play songs for the masses
the lead singer is prettier looking than mick

middle aged mothers dig those kinds of things

everybody say ow
27th June 2007 05:22 PM
pdog One look at what sells, and it is clear that people buy crap. It has always been this way... The only thing odd is that seems most of us are expecting this to change or surprised that pop culture is so lame... Even if something diferent breaks the standard, it is only a matter of time before it is mass marketed and destroyed...
I'm persoanally releived that most of the music I like is relatively unknown to the masses... Mass recognition wouldn't be good either... It kills creativity... And in Stones terms, if they weren't playing and touring to such massive numbers and bringing in a huge revenue, they would probably be making more and better albums or just stopped years ago.
Cash, marketing and pop culture kill creativity.
27th June 2007 05:27 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Yes, that one is even blander than usual.
I must admit I quite liked the one from 1987, I think it was called "New Jersey".

WHAT!!!!!

you MUST be from jersey

everybody say ow
27th June 2007 05:47 PM
mojoman i'm leaving the country...........
27th June 2007 05:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
Cash, marketing and pop culture kill creativity.

also being really, really old and forgetting how to play half your songs tends to put a cramp in things
27th June 2007 10:55 PM
IanBillen
Not for anything but I think the album is a masterpeice.

The new disc is a modern musical marvel and seals Bon Jovi as probably the most notorious and full throttled band in the past 20 to 30 years.

Jon Bonjovi is a bad ass dudes. And that Rickie Samobora cat friggin rocks.

Ian

27th June 2007 10:58 PM
Throwaway

are you serial??
27th June 2007 11:00 PM
glencar You're just hoping to get recycled into SS's idiot signature selection again, aincha? Bon Jovi is insipid & only slightly talented. It's amazing that this is #1 but sales overall have been down lately.
27th June 2007 11:05 PM
IanBillen
quote:
glencar wrote:
You're just hoping to get recycled into SS's idiot signature selection again, aincha? Bon Jovi is insipid & only slightly talented. It's amazing that this is #1 but sales overall have been down lately.

lol. Not with comments like that. Hell...it was posible I was not hired due to some profanity (still we will probably never know) and I suppose I have to live with that one. But not getting hired is one thing. If someone saw the post above they would probably try and shoot me.

Ian
27th June 2007 11:09 PM
IanBillen
quote:
glencar wrote:
You're just hoping to get recycled into SS's idiot signature selection again, aincha? Bon Jovi is insipid & only slightly talented. It's amazing that this is #1 but sales overall have been down lately.

Hey wait, surely not to jump to defend Bonjovi but I don't know if I would say they are simply "slightly" talented. They have talent. Hell any band that plays their instruments as well as they can surely are more than slightly talented.

Cool=no. Hip=no. putting out great albums=no.

Not saying they are Rush or YES but they are more than just slightly talented. ... geez

Ian
27th June 2007 11:10 PM
IanBillen [quote]IanBillen wrote:

Hey wait, surely not to jump to defend Bonjovi but I don't know if I would say they are simply "slightly" talented. They have talent. Hell any band that plays their instruments as well as they can surely are more than slightly talented.

Cool=no. Hip=no. putting out great albums=no.

Not saying they are Rush or YES but they are more than just slightly talented. I mean I'm no fan but it isn't as if they are nothing more than your run and the mill dive bar band... geez

Ian
27th June 2007 11:11 PM
glencar Putting out a modern marvel & yet 2 posts later you say they DON'T put out great albums. What gives, IanBillen?
27th June 2007 11:16 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:

they have nice hair......
27th June 2007 11:19 PM
glencar
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

lol. Not with comments like that. Hell...it was posible I was not hired due to some profanity (still we will probably never know) and I suppose I have to live with that one. But not getting hired is one thing. If someone saw the post above they would probably try and shoot me.

Ian

I swear I had NADA to do with your failure to be hired. I wish only the best for you. I might "take the piss" with you but seriously, I think you're funny & an amusing guy.
28th June 2007 02:36 AM
Zack
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Not for anything but I think the album is a masterpeice.

The new disc is a modern musical marvel and seals Bon Jovi as probably the most notorious and full throttled band in the past 20 to 30 years.

Jon Bonjovi is a bad ass dudes. And that Rickie Samobora cat friggin rocks.

Ian

Pass the pipe . . .
[Edited by Zack]
28th June 2007 05:46 AM
Monkeytonkman Yay! go on BJ

Think people are a little sore on here that Bon Jovi can score a No1. album, yet the Stones haven't managed it in some time.

Personally, I'd rather have them in pole position than some boy / gril band or modern R&B artist.

And before you start, they can play their insturments, write their own songs, have some classic rockers in their cannon, and damn it yes, they are a rock band.

so go ahead...let the slagging begin!
28th June 2007 10:31 PM
mrhipfl If it weren't for bon jovi, the White Stripes would have debuted at number 1.
28th June 2007 10:32 PM
glencar Yes, I noticed that too. WStripes missed #1 by about 50K in sales.
29th June 2007 12:16 PM
Joey
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
(NSC)

How much worse can it get : "Bon Jovi Scores First No. 1 Album Since 1988"

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003604227

[Edited by gotdablouse]

I just barfed !!!!

29th June 2007 01:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels He must be punished. I hope God makes Bon Jovi open for the Spice Girls....about his speed, and I imagine they have more or less the same fan base.
30th June 2007 12:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
It's one of their worst albums. No country, no rock, just pure pop.

Sounds like an improvement on the rest, which are usually "no music, no lyrics.."
30th June 2007 03:52 AM
IanBillen
quote:
glencar wrote:
Putting out a modern marvel & yet 2 posts later you say they DON'T put out great albums. What gives, IanBillen?

The first post was a joke. I'm sure you understand all that.

Ian
30th June 2007 06:21 PM
gorda I used to love Bon Jovi, when they first came out with that song "You give love a bad name." I remember the video. Jon had this long, dirty blonde hair. I used to think he was soooo sexy!

I never bought the CD, but I did record that one song with my vocals at one of those kareokee places. I have it on a cassette somewhere.

Now, I listen to their music, and frankly . . . it sucks. Although, the other day, I saw their UNPLUGGED show on Vh1 or was it MTV? One of those music channels. Anyways, the music sucked, but that Jon Bon Jovi still has got it going on!
30th June 2007 06:22 PM
mojoman chicks dig them
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)