ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio de Santo Domingo, El Ejido 30th June 2007
© Francisco Bonilla ¡¡ Gracias !!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE ABORTION. . . . Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th June 2007 06:40 PM
Mel Belli I need to post this just to balance out the cosmos:

26th June 2007 12:04 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

it s from Nijmeguen , sorry
check the disaster...

ouch! that is just a painful trainwreck of a (non) intro, but once the Happy train does get to rollin' it steams along just fine. f'in up nothing new to da Stones, the 13 Nervous Breakdowns boot attests to that...particularly Mick's own abortion of IORR.
27th June 2007 02:16 PM
sammy davis jr. This song in its current form needs to be scotched immediately...... it proves Keith is just as culpable as anyone in Vegasizing the Stones
27th June 2007 03:27 PM
Saint Sway I dont know what in the hell possessed me to go back and watch that awful intro of Happy again... but I did!!

I swear I must be a glutton for punishment. That was so bad that now I'm feeling ill. Man that really sucked.

I do feel better that I'm not travelling to see them anymore though
27th June 2007 04:23 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I dont know what in the hell possessed me to go back and watch that awful intro of Happy again... but I did!!

I swear I must be a glutton for punishment. That was so bad that now I'm feeling ill. Man that really sucked.

I do feel better that I'm not travelling to see them anymore though

I, too, find it strangely riveting. It's like rubbernecking at a car accident or, yes, a trainwreck. The song does proceed along nicely after they get back on track, but, man, it's a long 20 seconds at the beginning.
27th June 2007 05:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I, too, find it strangely riveting. It's like rubbernecking at a car accident or, yes, a trainwreck. The song does proceed along nicely after they get back on track, but, man, it's a long 20 seconds at the beginning.

EXACTLY!!

I keep thinking my computer freezes but its just Keith hunched over starring at his guitar. Its like his mind froze and he completely forgot what he was doing. Off hand, I cant recall ever seeing footage of a professional musician look that imcompetant and lost. (and I've seen the entire Ron Wood "Far East Man" DVD!!!LOL!)

who am I kidding... I'll probably watch this clip 3 more times today
27th June 2007 06:07 PM
Saint Sway Its time to close Keith's set

there must be a better way to fill out the set and give Mick a breather than this crap
27th June 2007 06:14 PM
mojoman i see dead people
27th June 2007 08:45 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

EXACTLY!!

Off hand, I cant recall ever seeing footage of a professional musician look that imcompetant and lost. (and I've seen the entire Ron Wood "Far East Man" DVD!!!

Funny!!
27th June 2007 08:52 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Its time to close Keith's set

there must be a better way to fill out the set and give Mick a breather than this crap

With the Billy Preston precedent in mind, how 'bout a Blondie set?
28th June 2007 12:49 PM
Bruno Why not let Ronnie do a couple of his songs?
28th June 2007 01:03 PM
Saint Sway let Keith do a quick acoustic song - either "The Worst" or "You Got The Silver". Then rock out with Bernard handling the vocal duties on "Pretty Beat Up"
28th June 2007 01:09 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Its time to close Keith's set

Keith needs a breather from playing guitar.
28th June 2007 01:16 PM
Throwaway Someone get that "Happy" from 07 off youtube. It's beyond painful.
28th June 2007 01:33 PM
twicks1 Yeah, Keith's slow numbers still sound good. "You Got The Silver," "The Worst," "Slipping Away."

I don't even care if he doesn't play guitar during his set. Do whatever you have to to make it sound good.
28th June 2007 01:43 PM
glencar Keith should bump Chuck from the piano & do a little ditty whilst relaxing. Put on some comfy slippers, light up his pipe & do a Jerry Lee...
28th June 2007 02:51 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Keith should bump Chuck from the piano & do a little ditty whilst relaxing. Put on some comfy slippers, light up his pipe & do a Jerry Lee...

best idea yet!!
28th June 2007 03:20 PM
mojoman
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Keith needs a breather from playing guitar.

maybe he could play keyboard like dylan
28th June 2007 03:23 PM
glencar That seems to be the developing consensus...
28th June 2007 10:41 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
That seems to be the developing consensus...

But please: No foot-swipe across the keys, a la the HTW solo every night in '97-'98.
28th June 2007 10:44 PM
glencar I never had a problem with that until I realized it was scripted!
30th June 2007 03:05 PM
Bloozehound I don't think it was that horrible, was actually glad he mixed it up and didn't do the standard Happy or a lame ballad
30th June 2007 04:17 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:
Keith should bump Chuck from the piano & do a little ditty whilst relaxing. Put on some comfy slippers, light up his pipe & do a Jerry Lee...

i smoke two pipes in the morning
i smoke two pipes at night
30th June 2007 04:47 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

i smoke two pipes in the morning
i smoke two pipes at night

You are much loved by Joey
1st July 2007 02:29 PM
MikeyC613 Keith is much better on acoustic guitar I have been noticing, he takes more pride in his playing on it. Let him sing an acoustic number like You Got the Silver w/ AN ACTUAL GUITAR, and then he could do like a weird cover of whatever he feels like playing, that way he's not locked into doing Happy or Before They Make Me Run or Little Trumpets and Agony.

Just throw some passion in those 2 songs.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)