ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio de Santo Domingo, El Ejido 30th June 2007
© Francisco Bonilla ¡¡ Gracias !!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Slane Castle Return to archive
21st June 2007 05:50 PM
albert Ok, I know now from Rocks Off Gazza and Glencar are going to Slane. I'm going. Who else from Rocks Off?? Maybe nice to know what section too?
I am very curious cause I sure would like to meet some people there.............(no, not all 60.000)

gr,
Albert
Holland
21st June 2007 05:55 PM
fireontheplatter i wish

i'm still paying off my hartford tickets

everybody say owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
21st June 2007 05:57 PM
Gazza Gold Circle A seems to be the place where most of us will be
21st June 2007 06:07 PM
albert Hi Gazza,

'most of us..........that's who??'you know more names??

gr,
Albert
Holland
21st June 2007 06:09 PM
glencar Gazza, I'm thinking of going up to Belfast for a couple of days as it seems safe now. Is the traffic to/from easier on show day?
21st June 2007 08:43 PM
Slavegirl I'll be there with freakin bells on...I'm so excited it seems totally unreal. I have no idea how I'm going to get to and from the show though I'm a little worried but I'll figure it out. I fly into Dublin on the 15th =)I'm in Gold Circle A as wel...its going to be a party
21st June 2007 10:08 PM
GotToRollMe Hmmm...Slane...so inviting...
21st June 2007 10:12 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Hmmm...Slane...so inviting...

It would make me so happy if you could go...

21st June 2007 11:02 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

It would make me so happy if you could go...

Ah, I'm just daydreaming. It would make me even happier if you could go! I'm gonna see them in Lisbon and Madrid next week, so I'm already getting more than I'd ever hoped for!
22nd June 2007 03:55 AM
albert So that's:
Gazza
Glencar
Slavegirl
Stray Cat UK
Ireland Calling4

and me.

(well it isn't all about quantity but about quality, isn't it???)

oh, Slavegirl, maybe helpful:

http://www.buseireann.ie/site/home/
look at the Journey Planner section,

another, maybe helpful, one:
http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/

I'll be arriving on august 16th and stay at the hostel (camping) in Slane.

This Q I asked on Shidobee some 2 months ago when someone started about a pre-party (no response though...):

for Slane (prob. friday-night?) I came across this:
"The Village Inn (Main Street,Slane): enjoy a pint in friendly surroundings and view our extensive Slane rock concert memorabilia" Sounds good?

Other pubs are: The Poets Rest, Boyles Pub (Beer garden and big screen for all matches), Slane House Bar (big screen, beer garden, large room available forprivate functions and meetings) and last The Last Chance.

Anyone knows our been in one of these pubs?

[Edited by albert]
[Edited by albert]
[Edited by albert]
[Edited by albert]
22nd June 2007 07:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza, I'm thinking of going up to Belfast for a couple of days as it seems safe now. Is the traffic to/from easier on show day?

LOL..Christ, someone from an American city worried about safety in Belfast. Its been 'safe' for about 30 years, is one of the safest cities in the British Isles (much more so than London or Dublin) and its NEVER been a dangerous place for tourists (we'll gladly dismember each other without a second thought, but if a tourist gets mugged, its a front page story and is seen as a national embarrassment)

If youre staying in Dublin on the NIGHT of the show, then its best you comute from Dublin that day on one of the buses that will be provided. Slane really is in the middle of nowhere and while the traffic coming from Belfast will be a bit lighter on the day of the show than it will be from Dublin, its not like you can just commute from there. Any buses going to Slane on the day of the show will be private hire buses specifically for the concert.

If youre travelling from Dublin to Belfast by train, its just over two hours. the cheaper way of doing it though is to get the airport bus which goes from central Dublin to Belfast via Dublin Airport and takes maybe 30-40 minutes longer than the train. There's one every hour, whereas the trains are maybe every 2-3 hours.

At the minute, I dont even have a way of getting to this show myself. Traditionally, local record shops and travel agents bus fans in to Slane from all over Ireland, but at the minute theres nothing organised from here, although there probably will be.

To answer Albert's question about meeting there the night before. Unless you're camping overnight or something its not worth it. Its a tiny village with about 6 pubs. If youre going to all meet up somewhere do it in Dublin.

Slavegirl - you'll have no problem getting to and from the show if you're staying in central Dublin. There will be plenty of buses running to the gig from early afternoon leaving from Dublin city centre. You can buy tickets in advance on ticketmaster.ie or just pay on board (I think its about 20 Euro for the return (ie, "round") trip). The buses park in nearby fields and then depart after the show (they'll give you sufficient time to get back from the Castle). Expect tailbacks on both journeys, however.

Update - TM now have coach transfers available from Belfast. £25 return.
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/18003ECB8C340CEB?artistid=806216&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1
[Edited by Gazza]
22nd June 2007 08:43 AM
albert Well, we'll meet up in Golden Circle A and maybe sundaynight in Dublin? (I stay in Dublin on sundaynight and fly back home on monday..........)

gr,
Albert
Holland
22nd June 2007 10:07 AM
glencar Tailbacks?
22nd June 2007 10:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Tailbacks?

yes..thousands of cars and several dozen buses on narrow country roads.

At least the journey back to Dublin is only about 20 miles.

I'll probably be back in Belfast quicker, and thats four times as far.
22nd June 2007 11:08 AM
glencar I have to think about this. I've been to Dublin plenty of times before (6) & I've never been to Belfast. Got to investigate...
22nd June 2007 01:18 PM
Stray Cat UK I'm going. Golden circle A.
Arriving Friday afternoon . Is there any interest in a get- together Friday night ?

I'm staying central near Temple bar area. Anyone recommend a Stones friendly pub /bar ?

sc uk
22nd June 2007 08:30 PM
IrelandCalling4 Slane Castle -- can't bloomin' wait!!!

As Gazza mentioned, Gold Circle A is definitely the place to be that day, a lot of us shall be there.
22nd June 2007 08:37 PM
pdog I would let a psycho chick bit off a nut and spit it back to make either this or the London shows, any takers?
22nd June 2007 08:53 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
IrelandCalling4 wrote:
Slane Castle -- can't bloomin' wait!!!

As Gazza mentioned, Gold Circle A is definitely the place to be that day, a lot of us shall be there.

Come on..help them out with a Pub, my friend!!! You know Dublin intimately And you DO like to party!!!

Sorry I will miss you this show..But I hear you are coming for the last London show. See you then I am sure!!
22nd June 2007 10:56 PM
glencar
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
I'm going. Golden circle A.
Arriving Friday afternoon . Is there any interest in a get- together Friday night ?

I'm staying central near Temple bar area. Anyone recommend a Stones friendly pub /bar ?

sc uk

I'm still working out my plans.
22nd June 2007 11:16 PM
mojoman
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i wish

i'm still paying off my hartford tickets

everybody say owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

66?
81?
99?
02?
05?
23rd June 2007 07:35 PM
Slavegirl Thanks for the advice Albert! I will definitely check out those bus routes. I can just picture myself riding on the bus afterwards with the total Stones afterglow...yess...
23rd June 2007 09:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:
Thanks for the advice Albert! I will definitely check out those bus routes. I can just picture myself riding on the bus afterwards with the total Stones afterglow...yess...

Forget about public transport to and from Slane. Completely unfeasible on this occasion. Unless you're in a car, the hired buses are the only way you'll get there AND back.
24th June 2007 06:56 AM
Stray Cat UK Ticketmaster are selling return tickets to(and from) Slane for £22.50 inc. fees . They are running from centre of Dublin from 12 noon until 4pm. and returning afterwards. Definately the easiest way to go.

sc uk
24th June 2007 07:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Ticketmaster are selling return tickets to(and from) Slane for £22.50 inc. fees . They are running from centre of Dublin from 12 noon until 4pm. and returning afterwards. Definately the easiest way to go.

sc uk

Shouldnt that be 22.50 Euro and not £22.50?
24th June 2007 08:16 AM
Stray Cat UK Yes, 22.95 Euros.
Maybe they have "golden seats " to sit near the driver ?

Wouldn't put it past them !
[Edited by Stray Cat UK]
24th June 2007 03:41 PM
IrelandCalling4
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Come on..help them out with a Pub, my friend!!! You know Dublin intimately And you DO like to party!!!

Sorry I will miss you this show..But I hear you are coming for the last London show. See you then I am sure!!

Greetings & Salutations Meg!

Yup, I am indeed popping along to the last of the London shows, should be a blast! I would've gone to all three London shows, but, with tickets at a whopping 150 sterling, and that would be 6 nights in a hotel, the stones have gone TOO far this time^^ I'll just have to be content with one London show, aswell of course as Slane..

Now so, for Glencar and everyone else arriving in Dublin and looking for a right aul' good time in a lovely Irish pub for a knees up -- I can heartily recommend "Gogartys", which is right in the middle of Temple Bar! Aaaaand..IF you were to get bored of Gogarty's, right across the street is one of Dublin's most famous drinking haunts -- The Auld Dubliner -- which has played host to many-a-famous face, including Mr. Ronnie Wood himself!

Here's the Link for Gogarty's --

http://www.gogartys.ie/pub/

http://www.gogartys.ie/

'Tis a wonderful place, a wee bit small, but, if the stones party got there early, we'd own the place*

'Slainte a chairde'(Cheers friends!)

'Slan go foill'(All the very best)

[Edited by IrelandCalling4]
24th June 2007 04:19 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
IrelandCalling4 wrote:

Greetings & Salutations Meg!

Yup, I am indeed popping along to the last of the London shows, should be a blast! I would've gone to all three London shows, but, with tickets at a whopping 150 sterling, and that would be 6 nights in a hotel, the stones have gone TOO far this time^^ I'll just have to be content with one London show, aswell of course as Slane..

Now so, for Glencar and everyone else arriving in Dublin and looking for a right aul' good time in a lovely Irish pub for a knees up -- I can heartily recommend "Gogartys", which is right in the middle of Temple Bar! Aaaaand..IF you were to get bored of Gogarty's, right across the street is one of Dublin's most famous drinking haunts -- The Auld Dubliner -- which has played host to many-a-famous face, including Mr. Ronnie Wood himself!

Here's the Link for Gogarty's --

http://www.gogartys.ie/pub/

http://www.gogartys.ie/

'Tis a wonderful place, a wee bit small, but, if the stones party got there early, we'd own the place*

'Slainte a chairde'(Cheers friends!)

'Slan go foill'(All the very best)

[Edited by IrelandCalling4]

I knew you would come through for these folks..and I bet you will be there too! Gogarty's is a right fine place! See you in London I am sure, me Irish friend!!
25th June 2007 03:18 AM
albert
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Forget about public transport to and from Slane. Completely unfeasible on this occasion. Unless you're in a car, the hired buses are the only way you'll get there AND back.

Slavegirl is arriving on wednesday 15th. shouldn't be a too big problem to get to Slane 3 day's before the concert??...
(I can imagine problems on saturday 18th though!!)

Is there any news (exept Tinwarin?)about support acts??

So the afterparty will be on Sunday 19th in Gogarty's - Dublin. Lets say about 17:00 hrs??

gr,
Albert
Holland
[Edited by albert]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)