ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio de Santo Domingo, El Ejido 30th June 2007
© Francisco Bonilla ¡¡ Gracias !!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: recording of the Opening show Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
20th June 2007 06:11 PM
open-g
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I just listened to the entire show from the RO tracker......dear god...just awful guitar work on far too many songs from our beloved Keith.....Wanna Hold You was as bad a performance as you will see in the early rounds of American Idol....Keith flubs the solo completely and then you hear the familiar sound of the Les Paul (see: Blondie) trying to save it.....not good folks....

Did Keith sing a dirty verse on I wanna Hold You ?
like he did in Paris.
shove it up your....whatever.

listen to the snippet here:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/2cd79866-0433-4a56-87e0-ed42c9435ac7/WannaHoldYou-snippet
20th June 2007 06:18 PM
Dan
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Getting rid of Chuck and keeping Clifford would have made things less slick? You're joking, right?

No, I just like Matt Clifford better. He did the score for Return Of The Living Dead. Chuck doesn't have anything like that on his resume.
20th June 2007 06:19 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Dan wrote:

No, I just like Matt Clifford better. He did the score for Return Of The Living Dead. Chuck doesn't have anything like that on his resume.

No, I guess he doesn't. But I'm still not clear on why having that on your resume would make the Stones sound grittier.
20th June 2007 06:32 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

my God man. You really are all about goblins and zombies and shit.

I knew it was clouding your musical judgement (gwar and all those other weird bands). But its now spread to the point where you're praising Matt Clifford for fucksakes

dude, time to put down the comic books, step away from the D&D board and spend that bus fare on buying yourself a clue
20th June 2007 06:41 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

my God man. You really are all about goblins and zombies and shit.

I knew it was clouding your musical judgement (gwar and all those other weird bands). But its now spread to the point where you're praising Matt Clifford for fucksakes

dude, time to put down the comic books, step away from the D&D board and spend that bus fare on buying yourself a clue

Never was into comic books or D&D. But Return Of The Living Dead is one of the greatest films of all time with one of the greatest ever scores (and soundtracks). The 80's was truly the golden age of filmmaking. I am sure Matt Clifford is still very capable of complementing the Stones sound rather than merely relegated to being Mick's solo sideman.
20th June 2007 06:41 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this thread is bouncing around like Robin Williams on trucker speed

to sum up, for those scoring at home:

• the sloppy ABB performances are making the Steel Wheels Tour look like Brussells '73

• most board members root for really inept baseball teams

• everyone concurs that Pug has no game

well above the rim...
20th June 2007 06:59 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Getting rid of Chuck and keeping Clifford would have made things less slick? You're joking, right?

To your point, I agree that '89-90 had too much schmutz. But the band itself was never more consistently tighter. It was Charlie's best tour ever, in my opinion, and it's been downhill for Ronnie and Keith ever since.

He must be joking. Clifford loses points for the haircut alone!!!
That and the freaking synthesizers.
Jagger was kinda lame, or let's say, not very rock'n'roll, in '89.
I think that's a big part of why it doesn't go down as legend.
But especially on the last tour and this one he's mr. rock n roll showman again.
(The I'll Go Crazy clip from Paris a perfect example).

20th June 2007 09:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Who put him on the A-List<

The only reason that happened was because a bunch of us who actually have game...decided to split time between here and the Couch.

If we had stayed on here full time, Puggy woulda been chased off to Shidoobeeland in a NY minute.

I mean, a Joey wanna-be? I have no idea how that's A-List. Sure as shit ain't the A-List I'm on...and if it is...then I want off.

Fuck...dude ain't even fit for B-List.
20th June 2007 09:48 PM
pdog The olny two lists that matter are the A and D lists. I'm on both depending on the circles you run in...
20th June 2007 10:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yo Pdog...me too!

I'm headed down to yer old stompin' grounds on Sunday...leavin' my Nova at home.
20th June 2007 10:28 PM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Who put him on the A-List<

The only reason that happened was because a bunch of us who actually have game...decided to split time between here and the Couch.

If we had stayed on here full time, Puggy woulda been chased off to Shidoobeeland in a NY minute.

I mean, a Joey wanna-be? I have no idea how that's A-List. Sure as shit ain't the A-List I'm on...and if it is...then I want off.

Fuck...dude ain't even fit for B-List.

He tried his act on the couch. It didn't go well.
20th June 2007 10:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
He tried his act on the couch. It didn't go well.

i refused to wear a webmasters picture around my neck, thats pathetic.
20th June 2007 11:04 PM
glencar Yet you went to Wildwood? Nigga pleeze!
21st June 2007 10:11 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yet you went to Wildwood? Nigga pleeze!

21st June 2007 12:30 PM
glencar Will you return?
21st June 2007 02:04 PM
_Boomy_ White Sox! Damn it!
21st June 2007 02:08 PM
Fiji Joe The footage I got of the opening show reveals a much better performance than that which you are discussing

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
21st June 2007 02:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Will you return?

not this year, have too many business trips in Aug/Sept and have used up our babysitting for a trip to Vegas for our anniversary end of Sept.

Maybe in another year or two.
21st June 2007 02:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Wildwood?

That place is the shithole of the Jersey shore.

Doug is a great guy, but his decision to have his Shidoobee Shindig at Wildwood was a very poor one. If you wanna party and have the cool kids show up...don't do it in Wildwood.

Unless, of course, you don't want the cool kids to show up. It's easier to look better in the eyes of your peers when the cool kids are hanging elsewhere.

Puggy lasted all of 5 minutes on The Couch. And that's about how long he woulda lasted here too, if The Couch never existed.

So there ya go Puggy...you SHOULD have worn Lugar's picture around your neck. If it hadn't been for him...you wouldn't even be here. Nice way to show your gratitude.
21st June 2007 02:44 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Wildwood?

Doug is a great guy, but his decision to have his Shidoobee Shindig at Wildwood was a very poor one. If you wanna party and have the cool kids show up...don't do it in Wildwood.

Unless, of course, you don't want the cool kids to show up. It's easier to look better in the eyes of your peers when the cool kids are hanging elsewhere.

Puggy lasted all of 5 minutes on The Couch. And that's about how long he woulda lasted here too, if The Couch never existed.

So there ya go Puggy...you SHOULD have worn Lugar's picture around your neck. If it hadn't been for him...you wouldn't even be here. Nice way to show your gratitude.

I've always wondered why Wildwood... I fucking hate that place.... I grew up in AC, but that's my parents choice... If you're going to pick a place at the shore, it has to be north of AC, everything south is heavily shoobie'd. If you don't know what a shoobie is, then you probably are one...
21st June 2007 02:45 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Doug looks a bit uncomfortable... or he took alot of SOMA.
21st June 2007 02:49 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

I've always wondered why Wildwood... I fucking hate that place.... I grew up in AC, but that's my parents choice... If you're going to pick a place at the shore, it has to be north of AC, everything south is heavily shoobie'd. If you don't know what a shoobie is, then you probably are one...

There was some motel that had a Stones theme so that's why it started there. I shall not make it this year either as I have US Open tix yet again.
21st June 2007 03:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot Good choice Glenny.

Can anyone stop Federer on a hard court?
21st June 2007 03:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Wildwood?

wearing another mans picture around ones neck is the ultimate sign of being penis whipped into submission. If that's what it takes to be cool, I missed class the day that was taught. I like Maxy, and commend him on starting his own site. I like Rocks Off, but I will not be wearing a "FU Gazza WY" pendant (sorry Gazza) around my bulldog like neck until the day comes where I am ready to start giving him hand jobs in trade for a ride home...and again, Sorry Gary, not anytime soon.
21st June 2007 04:03 PM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Good choice Glenny.

Can anyone stop Federer on a hard court?

Not this year!
21st June 2007 04:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

wearing another mans picture around ones neck is the ultimate sign of being penis whipped into submission. If that's what it takes to be cool, I missed class the day that was taught. I like Maxy, and commend him on starting his own site. I like Rocks Off, but I will not be wearing a "FU Gazza WY" pendant (sorry Gazza) around my bulldog like neck until the day comes where I am ready to start giving him hand jobs in trade for a ride home...and again, Sorry Gary, not anytime soon.

easy there Turbo.... thats way too much tude to be coming from a guido that wears a chain necklace and gold ring around his neck

[Edited by Saint Sway]
21st June 2007 04:06 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

thats way too much tude to be coming from a guido that wears a silver necklace and gold ring around his neck

No to mention, he served as the sole inspiration for the term "flamboyantly faggoty sidekick"

21st June 2007 04:07 PM
glencar I thought that was Joey?!?
21st June 2007 04:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought that was Joey?!?

That is a fine pimp suit.
21st June 2007 04:08 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought that was Joey?!?

No...Joey was the "creepily consistent suckass"...the term never stuck
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)