ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio de Santo Domingo, El Ejido 30th June 2007
© Francisco Bonilla ¡¡ Gracias !!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: recording of the Opening show Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
20th June 2007 05:00 PM
glencar Joey has never come up with one original thought! Even his thievery has been done before (see: Bon Jovi).
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
That tour was much better than it's given credit for by many naysayers.

Best of the modern Stones era. And Keith never in his career played consistently better than he did on those Ernie Ball guitars, from '88 through '93...
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Come on...he's stealing my material that Joey stole from me...

that was exactly my point
20th June 2007 05:01 PM
glencar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Best of the modern Stones era. And Keith never in his career played consistently better than he did on those Ernie Ball guitars, from '88 through '93...

The set lists never changed though. I was looking on the RO set lists pages & it's shocking howe little they changed things up.
20th June 2007 05:02 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
pdog wrote:

I think The Giants are sucking more... maybe it is a tie for most suckiest!

I can't believe it. How can you lose all of these series'?

No offense to Fiji's Royals, but sooner or later we'll be passed by them and will be in last place. The Sox are already behind Tampa Bay in the Wild Card race (which is almost too early to look at, but it's unfortunate).

Even Konerko's homer in the bottom of the 9th couldn't boost their morale.

The Chicago White Sox can't figure out how to fix this, PDOG! At least you have the All-Star game in your town this year!
20th June 2007 05:05 PM
pdog Two outs away from losing another game... To The Brewers... another swept series? probably...
20th June 2007 05:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Who put him on the A-List?...He forged his way onto that...along with a few others who, after time, sought to try and bust up the party...we now know the identity of all of them...and they will be dealt with...in the harshest and most public of manners...as it should be

I hope to see you at the next Omaha Summit? Sadly, I was only in KC for a few hours this year.....and as far as A listing goes......Others may have invented it, but I made it cool again.

[Edited by voodoopug]
20th June 2007 05:08 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
The set lists never changed though. I was looking on the RO set lists pages & it's shocking howe little they changed things up.

There was a lot less scrutiny, pre-Internet, about setlists back then (I'm guessing -- I was 13 at the time ... Can you believe that freaking Steel Wheels is pushing 20 years?).

They put many more asses in seats back in those $28-ticket days -- and played multiple stadium shows in some cities. So if they were getting repeat customers then, they must not have minded the rigid setlists.

I wish someone would upload to YouTube the clip of "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" from (I believe) Frankfurt in 1990. It was simulcast at the American Music Awards that year. I've got it on VHS. It singehandedly makes the argument for that tour.

20th June 2007 05:11 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I hope to see you at the next Omaha Summit? Sadly, I was only in KC for a few hours this year.....and as far as A listing goes......Others may have invented it, but I made it cool again.

[Edited by voodoopug]

Oh, now I'm removing myself from Switzerland & moving to Swaytown. You made NOTHING cool. Ever. Gabeesh???
20th June 2007 05:11 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

I can't believe it. How can you lose all of these series'?

No offense to Fiji's Royals, but sooner or later we'll be passed by them and will be in last place. The Sox are already behind Tampa Bay in the Wild Card race (which is almost too early to look at, but it's unfortunate).

Even Konerko's homer in the bottom of the 9th couldn't boost their morale.

The Chicago White Sox can't figure out how to fix this, PDOG! At least you have the All-Star game in your town this year!

I guess I can take comfort in the fact that I only like one team (the Sox), but I like a lot of players in baseball, so I can watch them on an individual basis.

Will Barry be traded for Nachos (with Jalepenos) and a Cherry Snow Cone? Seriously.....will he be traded?
20th June 2007 05:12 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
pdog wrote:
Two outs away from losing another game... To The Brewers... another swept series? probably...

I meant to quote you in the above post!
20th June 2007 05:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oh, now I'm removing myself from Switzerland & moving to Swaytown. You made NOTHING cool. Ever. Gabeesh???

Thats the goal....put all the has beens on his side.....you have not been the same since the "Tele incident"......I still give you a friendly nod when we next cross paths..
20th June 2007 05:14 PM
glencar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

There was a lot less scrutiny, pre-Internet, about setlists back then (I'm guessing -- I was 13 at the time ... Can you believe that freaking Steel Wheels is pushing 20 years?).

They put many more asses in seats back in those $28-ticket days -- and played multiple stadium shows in some cities. So if they were getting repeat customers then, they must not have minded the rigid setlists.

I wish someone would upload to YouTube the clip of "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" from (I believe) Frankfurt in 1990. It was simulcast at the American Music Awards that year. I've got it on VHS. It singehandedly makes the argument for that tour.

This is IORR from Barcolounger that year:

20th June 2007 05:16 PM
glencar Now this is from Werchter this year & it's clearly inferior in all respects:

20th June 2007 05:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Now this is from Werchter this year & it's clearly inferior in all respects:

That is brutal....
20th June 2007 05:20 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

No offense to Fiji's Royals, but sooner or later we'll be passed by them and will be in last place.

Damn straight...we're world serious!
20th June 2007 05:20 PM
glencar Well, it was done via inferior technology.
20th June 2007 05:21 PM
_Boomy_ Why aren't people in On-Stage seats?
20th June 2007 05:22 PM
glencar They're Euros; they don't have the money!
20th June 2007 05:22 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

What are you saying?...you brought sexy back?

20th June 2007 05:23 PM
pdog
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

I guess I can take comfort in the fact that I only like one team (the Sox), but I like a lot of players in baseball, so I can watch them on an individual basis.

Will Barry be traded for Nachos (with Jalepenos) and a Cherry Snow Cone? Seriously.....will he be traded?

He has the final say, he's got one of those trade clauses in his contract... IMO, he should've not been resigned years ago. Money would've been best spent building a great yuong team... Look at all the players from the farm system they've let go! BUT!!! Bnds sells tickets... It is a business...
20th June 2007 05:23 PM
glencar More from recent tour. This is I'll Go Crazy:

20th June 2007 05:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

What are you saying?...you brought sexy back?

I made dreams come true...
20th June 2007 05:28 PM
pdog some peoples posts are like ugly people, they look better when you are drunk!
20th June 2007 05:39 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I made dreams come true...

Yeah you did...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
20th June 2007 05:43 PM
glencar He could learn from you...
20th June 2007 05:54 PM
Mel Belli More '90 excellence:

20th June 2007 06:00 PM
Dan The songs were faster with shorter breaks in between, but just a bit too slick. They should have ditched Chuck and kept Matt Clifford.
20th June 2007 06:07 PM
Saint Sway this thread is bouncing around like Robin Williams on trucker speed

to sum up, for those scoring at home:

• the sloppy ABB performances are making the Steel Wheels Tour look like Brussells '73

• most board members root for really inept baseball teams

• everyone concurs that Pug has no game

20th June 2007 06:09 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Dan wrote:
The songs were faster with shorter breaks in between, but just a bit too slick. They should have ditched Chuck and kept Matt Clifford.

Getting rid of Chuck and keeping Clifford would have made things less slick? You're joking, right?

To your point, I agree that '89-90 had too much schmutz. But the band itself was never more consistently tighter. It was Charlie's best tour ever, in my opinion, and it's been downhill for Ronnie and Keith ever since.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)