ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Ascot June 18, 2004
Thanks moy!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glastonbury mud for sale on eBay (NSC) Return to archive
30th June 2004 09:19 AM
Monkey Woman Yuk! "Entrepreneurs" will stick at nothing!

Glastonbury mud for sale on eBay
By Metro
30 June 2004
Music fans who failed to get a ticket for Glastonbury can pretend they were there - by buying some authentic festival mud.

Two entrepreneurs have stuck samples of Glastonbury soil on auction website eBay.

One seller says he scraped the mud from the boots of his son, who squeezed to the front of the Pyramid Stage to watch Oasis, Sir Paul McCartney and Muse on Sunday.

He adds: 'Stored in a plastic bag (with a piece of straw and grass for company), this should arrive with the early dew still soaking into it.' As Metro went to press last night, he had attracted six offers and a top bid of �2.36.

A second lot, put up by an artist who framed his mud, was going for �1. Meanwhile, a string of bootleg CDs of this year's performances are already for sale on the website.
30th June 2004 09:59 AM
Gazza I see Michael Eavis (the organiser and site owner) has said again last week that the act he wants most for next year is the Stones - although they've turned it down on several occasions before and he's not optimistic they'll say yes for 2005..

Even though its an event that wouldnt appeal to me personally, I think if the Stones are ever going to reach a new audience, I'm coming round to the opinion thats one festival it would do them nothing but good to headline. The media coverage of it here is massive and their credibility would rocket overnight.
30th June 2004 11:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I see Michael Eavis (the organiser and site owner) has said again last week that the act he wants most for next year is the Stones - although they've turned it down on several occasions before and he's not optimistic they'll say yes for 2005..

Maybe he hasn't offered them enough money. How much is he willing to pay?
30th June 2004 11:10 AM
jb Aside form early Jazz festivals, Kenvbworth and the shameful SARS episode, the stones has avoided the trappings of these embarrassing, self-indulgent music festivlas. I thin after aAWoodstock 94, we realized that todays youth are nothing more than drugged up, mean-spirited vandals who ruin it for the true fans.
30th June 2004 12:31 PM
MarthaMyDear I would like to caresss your kneecaps!!! LOL!!!!!!!!
ROTFLOL!!!!!!! :P lol....... lol..
LOL!!!!!!!!! lol.

*** Martha ****