ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Ascot June 18, 2004
Thanks moy!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on ET Return to archive
27th June 2004 11:24 AM
fna69 they have a lil segement with the stones on ET. its showing on vh1 and mtv. nothing special, just about the Duet with timberlake at the sars concert. The basic idea of this duet was to get publicity and its getting them exposed to the mtv crowd.
27th June 2004 11:47 AM
Main Offender Good! Mission accomplished!! At least Timbertool was good for something.
27th June 2004 04:12 PM
Taptrick

I saw this - it was a crock of journalistic shit. They spun this so the duet was an amazing musical moment without the slightest bit of negativity. They didn't even mention the items being thrown at Justin. I'm always glad when the Stones get press coverage but this had about as much musical artistitic significance as a duet with Tiny Tim.
27th June 2004 04:14 PM
Taptrick
sorry - there was a lot of emotion tied up in that upon refelction...

[Edited by Taptrick]
27th June 2004 11:37 PM
corgi37 I would never buy anything remotely linked to Timberlake, but i give the guy some credit. He is not as false as most acts these days. He has an ok voice (well, there doesnt seem too much voice manipulation that other youngie dance acts use), he seems to have a bit of talent, and he recognises what went before him. Dont forget, Britney had no idea who the Beatles were!

Timberlake and Cameron Diaz just did some shows in Melbourne last week. He does Miss You in his act, as well as some old R&B classics. At least he is acknowledging the masters before him, at least he aint black and singing about ho's and how much money he has.

Having said all that, i would have thrown shit at him too is i as at SARS. But, then again, i am a contradictary bastard.
28th June 2004 11:15 AM
jb The JT affair made it abundantly clear to me that the Stones were complete sell-outs at this point in their career....the most humiliating moment as a Stones fan ever....
28th June 2004 11:16 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
jb wrote:
The JT affair made it abundantly clear to me that the Stones were complete sell-outs at this point in their career....the most humiliating moment as a Stones fan ever....

Of course. They were trying to reach a very, very young market. You'd think that "Forty Licks" would've been enough to convince some youngsters.
28th June 2004 11:20 PM
corgi37 Is that why they allowed that pathetic remix of Sympathy?
28th June 2004 11:41 PM
Snappy McJack Yes, and they used that Neptunes group to remix one of the versions. Absolutely pointless, IMO.

I'm sure that the Stones would probably let Barney, Grover, and Elmo come on stage if it meant that there record sales would skyrocket 80% in the 3-8 year old demographic.