ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Ascot June 18, 2004
Thanks moy!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bowie hit in the eye by lollipop (NSC) Return to archive
27th June 2004 07:47 AM
L&A From CNN:

Ouch! 'Love on a stick' can be painful

Tuesday, June 22, 2004 Posted: 1:49 PM EDT (1749 GMT)

OSLO, Norway (AP) -- Halfway through his third song at a Norwegian music festival, an object came flying out of the crowd and hit David Bowie in the eye.

It was a lollipop, probably sent as a message of adoration since Norwegians call the hard candy "love on a stick."

Bowie wasn't seriously injured at Friday's Norwegian Wood Festival in Oslo. He backed off the runway, hunched over, and was assisted by his set crew.

Within moments, he was facing the crowd of 7,500. Swearing at the unknown culprit, Bowie said he only had one good eye. The other eye had been damaged in a childhood fight.

"Lucky you hit the bad one," Bowie said, demanding to know who threw the lollipop. No one standing in the cold and drizzle came forward.

Bowie grumbled about the person or persons responsible hiding in the crowd. Then, regaining his composure and sense of humor, the 57-year-old singer said he was going to punish the audience by making the concert extra-long.

Later, during what the Norwegian media called one of his best concerts ever, Bowie continued to joke about the incident. He threw one of his guitar picks into the crowd, then asked if he'd hit someone in the eye.

"Oh, maybe I have to hide in the band," he joked.

Norwegian newspapers tracked down a young woman who claimed to be behind the mishap. They didn't publish her name, but said she claimed it was an accident.

The artist's official Web site said the eye was checked and wasn't seriously injured.

As for Bowie, he played 27 songs over nearly two hours and 20 minutes.
27th June 2004 07:56 AM
L&A And from Yahoo News (06/27/04):

Pop legend David Bowie was hospitalised in Germany for a pinched nerve and forced to cancel a performance at a weekend music festival, organisers said. (AFP/Lehtikuva/File/Timo Jaakonaho)
27th June 2004 08:54 AM
Monkey Woman Ewww! There's a pic of the "lollipop incident"...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004282201,00.html
27th June 2004 02:57 PM
Taptrick

I though so - when I read the first post the report seemed to downplay the agreesive tone Bowie took and made no mention that it seemed to have been discovered to be an accident. The Sun artcile in the post previous to mine reports this as I originally heard it. I think anyone would be shocked and expected to have a volatile reaction and Bowie certainly did, regardless - he jumped the gun a little.
27th June 2004 05:14 PM
Monkey Woman I can't blame him if he did... Imagine getting a lollipop stuck between eye and eyelid? That must have hurt!
28th June 2004 12:18 PM
egon
quote:
L&A wrote:
And from Yahoo News (06/27/04):

lolliPop legend David Bowie was hospitalised in Germany for a pinched nerve and forced to cancel a performance at a weekend music festival, organisers said. (AFP/Lehtikuva/File/Timo Jaakonaho)

28th June 2004 05:40 PM
Joey
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Ewww! There's a pic of the "lollipop incident"...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004282201,00.html

Great Link Monkey Woman .............................

Like the " LIFE " section biz about " CAM " there...........
29th June 2004 01:48 AM
beer A bird shit in Cindy Laupers mouth during a recent concert.

Seriously.
29th June 2004 09:58 AM
Joey
quote:
beer wrote:
A bird shit in Cindy Laupers mouth during a recent concert.

Seriously.

You make Joey say , Huh ?!?!?
29th June 2004 10:02 AM
beer It was on the news the other day, Joey. Cindy Lauper was singing at a concert and a bird flew over and crapped right in her mouth!

Google it.
29th June 2004 10:05 AM
Joey
quote:
beer wrote:
It was on the news the other day, Joey. Cindy Lauper was singing at a concert and a bird flew over and crapped right in her mouth!

Google it.

beer ............THE WHO juist added a " Maui Date " overnight ( Scheduled : August 4th ) . Tickets go on sale TODAY !!!!!

Damn ................these boys don't mess around DO THEY !!!!!!!

Got your cash at the Ready !?!?!?!?! ...See ya there !!!!

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky !
29th June 2004 10:09 AM
jb "I love your dimes, but please don't throw 'em in me face".
29th June 2004 10:14 AM
beer
quote:
Joey wrote:

beer ............THE WHO juist added a " Maui Date " overnight ( Scheduled : August 4th ) . Tickets go on sale TODAY !!!!!

Damn ................these boys don't mess around DO THEY !!!!!!!

Got your cash at the Ready !?!?!?!?! ...See ya there !!!!

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky !

August 4th? My birthday is on the 5th! Coincidence? Totally!! I've heard that Pete has been playin guitar like a champ lately. See ya there.
29th June 2004 10:22 AM
Joey
quote:
beer wrote:

August 4th? My birthday is on the 5th! Coincidence? Totally!! I've heard that Pete has been playin guitar like a champ lately. See ya there.

Yes , BEST PETE YET !!!!!!!!!!! ( better than Hendrix )

BEST STONES / WHO YET !!!!!!!
29th June 2004 10:26 AM
jb Pete was alwasy a big Stones fan..Joey, I recently purchased the R-R-Cicus cd and the Who have one number included therein...
29th June 2004 10:34 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Pete was alwasy a big Stones fan..Joey, I recently purchased the R-R-Cicus cd and the Who have one number included therein...

Did you like their performance ?!?!?!

Josh , did I mention to you that I was in " Jew Heaven " Sunday Evening at the " Simon and Garfunkel " show ?!?! It seemed as though everyone knew each other ( probably from Temple or Synagogue ) and I felt like " I really and Truly Belonged " .

Jacky
29th June 2004 10:49 AM
Jumping Jack Joey,

Go hunt for these:

The Who 3/24/04 London - Forum Aud Shot (excellent live audio) A

The Who 3/29/04 London - Royal Albert Hall Audience Shot w/ Encore s/b (1 DVD) A
29th June 2004 11:10 AM
Joey Thanks Jumping Jack

They just added a " Maui Date " overnight .
29th June 2004 11:11 AM
jb Thanks Fotni D...thanks also Fabio Hot Stuff..
29th June 2004 12:13 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks Fotni D...thanks also Fabio Hot Stuff..