ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Ascot June 18, 2004
Thanks moy!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SARS DVD samples on vh1.com Return to archive
24th June 2004 08:11 PM
crb69 Hey everybody, catch some previews of the new disc on vh1.com! Watch AC/DC jam the entire "Rock ME Baby" & Justin Tinkerflake almost get hit by 2 water bottles during Miss You. I can't belive Keef got so pissed! It is disrespectful to do that but it's also the same to put that weenie up there with them as well.
25th June 2004 12:54 AM
Bob Tamp Just watched the MISS YOU video from SARS. This Justin Timberlake( who I know nothing about him except from what i see in weekly tabloids) is truly talentless. What do today's teenyboppers see in this guy at all? He can't sing, and he really can't dance. Yes, the Stones made fools of themselves having this loser on stage with them for sure.

The only redeeming thing watching it is that it shows how bloody good Jagger still is as a 60 year old frontman. Maybe(but doubtful) these teenyboppers watching it for Justin will be able to pick up the soulfulness in his voice, and his limber dance moves (unlike Justin who sings and dances like a total robotic white boy)

I hope the boys don't lower themselves like this again.
25th June 2004 02:29 AM
sammy davis jr. God what a homo. Nothing worse than a white guy trying to act like he's black.
25th June 2004 10:45 AM
Snappy McJack Are you talking about Mick or Justin?

"CA-RACK"
25th June 2004 11:47 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
Are you talking about Mick or Justin?

LOL!!! The Stones have been "acting like black men" for more than 40 years, but it's obvious that JT doesn't have microgram of their talent...

This "Miss You" vid is funny and pretty instructive. Look at how Mick works the crowd, Keith looking at him & Justin during the bass solo with a kind of paternal pride, and of course jumping in to defend HIS show from bad-mannered fans! And pathetic JT is soooo in hopelessly awe of Mick! Your girlfriend will be jealous, Justin!
25th June 2004 12:53 PM
Main Offender From what I've heard Jagger's young daughters are mad for Timberflake. And, being a good daddy he asked him to do the "Miss You" bit with him. The redeeming thing is that our 60 year Jagger still dances like he did in the late 1960's while Timberbaby can't dance his way out of a paper bag. So, I'm trying to look at this from Keith's point of view. Can you just imagine the laughter between Keith and Ronnie at the sight of Timberfool?
25th June 2004 01:21 PM
LadyJane I can't wait to get home and check this out.

Can you hear a woman screaming "Learn from the Master, Justin?" Cause that's what I was yelling during the performance. Of course, I was probably a couple of miles from the stage.

Damn..I still can't believe I was in that massive crowd.

I'm so happy I went. No regrets. None!!

LJ.
25th June 2004 01:45 PM
Main Offender LJ, are you gonna buy the DVD?
25th June 2004 01:48 PM
LadyJane Absolutely!!

MO..where can I buy it???? Do I have to cross the border??

LJ.
25th June 2004 01:49 PM
jb Sadly, the Sars performance was allegedly one of their worst...
25th June 2004 01:53 PM
LadyJane Agreed Josh..but the whole event was very historic and brings back very happy memories for me. Amazing to me that with that size crowd there were no incidents of violence. It really was something to experience.

LJ.
25th June 2004 01:56 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Agreed Josh..but the whole event was very historic and brings back very happy memories for me. Amazing to me that with that size crowd there were no incidents of violence. It really was something to experience.

LJ.

I'm happy for you, but for me it was a day of mourning...the inclusion of JT on stage with the RS's made it abundantly clear that they(the Stones) were no longer the band I grew up with...

http://www.micktaylor.net/MT_re-examinedp1.htm

[Edited by jb]
25th June 2004 02:16 PM
Snappy McJack I think the DVD comes out next Tuesday.

Anyways, the Timberlake thing was odd. Why??! Why did they do it?!?! Trying to sell some albums to the young'uns? Did a little kid see that and say "Wow! Justin likes them - now it's time to buy some Stones records!"?

Rumor has it JT is gonna sing some back-up for the Stones for the new album. My sources close to me also mentioned that it is a distinct possibility that JT will take over Keith's two-song set, so the band can refuel with the bananas they have backstage. I fear that this may be the end!
25th June 2004 03:57 PM
Monkey Woman Judging from media coverage at the time of the concert and now for the DVD release, I guess the Stones used JT as a TV bait, targetting not so much the teenagers but the "glass titty" they spend so much time sucking. It was good for a few MTV, VH1, etc., appearances... and to put the Stones in front of a public they would probably never had reached. Look what video tidbit is used to promote the DVD!
25th June 2004 04:11 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
I'm happy for you, but for me it was a day of mourning...the inclusion of JT on stage with the RS's made it abundantly clear that they(the Stones) were no longer the band I grew up with...

[Edited by jb]

Sadly, Josh, you can't see past the reasoning. Why is it that when the Stones were on tour, your biggest concern was tickets sold? Here, we had an event that the Stones gladly wanted to do to help Toronto and the biggest way to help was to raise money. To do that, they added acts that would draw crowds - and with 500,000 people, they couldn't be happier. However, your "claimed" concern, now, is about the how they (the Stones) appear..?

I think you've still got some growing up to do!

BTW, I was in my local record shop this morning (where I usually can get material a few days early) and was told the release date to the public is now "mid-July". A 2-DVD set in Canada and a single DVD for the rest of the world.
25th June 2004 04:14 PM
Monkey Woman BTW, I ordered the single DVD version from Amazon.com and they sent me an e-mail today to tell me my DVD had been despatched.
25th June 2004 05:05 PM
Main Offender Yeah, my answer to LJ was going to be just that. My feeling is that it's going to be available at all of the many amazons. July is coming soon.
25th June 2004 09:07 PM
LadyJane Well, I just watched the vid of Miss You and I have the following to say:

What's the big f'ing deal? THIS is what traumatized all of you? Gimme a break. JT MUST have heard me...'cause he was mezmerized by Mick. Love the "look of death" Uncle Keith gives to those throwing water bottles. If you ask me, this is no worse than Dave Matthews butchering Memory Motel on No Security. All a matter of opinion.

LJ.

Besides..Rock me Baby with AC/DC surely makes up for JT.

Why did I watch those damned clips? Jonesin' BIG TIME. C'mon boys...LJ needs to see you again!!!
[Edited by LadyJane]
26th June 2004 11:26 AM
Main Offender I'm able to overlook almost anything (Timbertool)because I've just read that all the money from the DVD is going to charity to assist those affected by SARS in Toronto.
If the Stones can help, they are using whatever marketing ways they can to reach the largest audience possible. That's cool! Let's not forget, we Stones fans are really not the only fans on earth. We just can't help the fact that we're the best.
26th June 2004 12:40 PM
mickmask
quote:
Main Offender wrote:
I'm able to overlook almost anything (Timbertool)because I've just read that all the money from the DVD is going to charity to assist those affected by SARS in Toronto.
If the Stones can help, they are using whatever marketing ways they can to reach the largest audience possible. That's cool! Let's not forget, we Stones fans are really not the only fans on earth. We just can't help the fact that we're the best.

BOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!
MM.