ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Ascot June 18, 2004
Thanks moy!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Jeff Beck Return to archive
24th June 2004 12:41 PM
L&A Jeff Beck, 60 today ! He's a real guitar heroes
24th June 2004 12:43 PM
L&A ...hero
24th June 2004 02:18 PM
Joey

Happy Happy Birthday Jeff Beck !
24th June 2004 02:32 PM
shakedhandswithkeith Happy Birthday Jeff, hope to see you live again!!!
24th June 2004 04:20 PM
ResidentMule one of my favorite guitarists ever - that guy's done some fantastic stuff
24th June 2004 04:47 PM
Bloozehound Happy B-day
24th June 2004 05:58 PM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Happy B-day

Talk to you Monday Bloozehound .
24th June 2004 06:10 PM
Riffhard Yeah whatever happy birthday Jeff. You incredibly huge egofuckingmaniac! He is a hell of a player,but there is a very real reason that Jeff Beck has only been on the fringes of R&R superstardom. It's because he is a grade A certifiable asshole! I mean shit when he laid down some guitar work on the "audition album" (Black and Blue) he said to Keith,and I quote,"Call me back when you get a rhythm section!" I mean for fuck's sake?! WTF!?!?!

Happy birthday you fucking prick!

Riffhard
24th June 2004 08:03 PM
Hannalee You're wrong about Jeff, you know, Riffhard.

And guess who turned up on stage with him tonight .

As soon as I saw this particular t-shirt bopping about behind the sound guys I thought "I bet that's Woody in there". How right I was. He seemed in good form, though I'd have to say he looks older than Jeff.

The concert was fantastic; I don't know if my photos will come out.
24th June 2004 08:10 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Happy birthday you fucking prick!
Riffhard

C'mon, sometimes gifted individuals aren't particularly nice human beings. It reminds me of what Kirk Douglas (sort of) said in the eighties about Stanley Kubrick:

"You can be an asshole and have talent; on the contrary: you can be the nicest guy in the world and have no talent whatsoever. Stanley Kubrick is an asshole with talent".

BTW, a real prick is the guy who married my grandmother. Happy birthday, you unfaithful scumbag (but I guess this belongs to the FU thread).
24th June 2004 09:21 PM
Hannalee This is about the best picture of the two of them - Ron's shirt was actually a sort of sky-blue, but it whited out in all the photos.

[Edited by Hannalee]
24th June 2004 09:27 PM
Riffhard Hey I know the guy has loads of talent. I really love much of his work,but he did say that about Charlie and Bill. That's a fact. He is the Ty Cobb of rock and roll. Everyone knows he's brilliant,but nobody can stand him. He has never gotten along with anyone for any extended period of time. The fact is that I can't get over the fact that he would throw one of the greatest rhythm sections in the history of rock and roll under the bus.

I love to hear him play,but I'd not want to hang out with the guy. Now Keith? Well,that's a different story all together.

Riffhard
24th June 2004 09:36 PM
Martha Happy Birthday to Jeff Beck. The man mesmerized me when I saw him from the 5th row at BB King's Bluesfest last summer in Cleveland. Just got that show from my taper friend!

Jeff look great! 60 ehhh?! Now he's Keef's age.

Great photo even though... it's moving...lol...is there more!?!
24th June 2004 09:42 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Martha wrote:
Happy Birthday to Jeff Beck. The man mesmerized me when I saw him from the 5th row at BB King's Bluesfest last summer in Cleveland. Just got that show from my taper friend!

Cleveland, Mississippi? Stealth recording?
25th June 2004 02:18 AM
sammy davis jr. The guy's technically great....but- save for a few choice nuggets, he can't write a song. Basically he hires people to put rythmn tracks together, and he comes up with solo's to put over them. I've seen him live up close several times, and by the first half hour, I'm bored with the histrionics. He is a great player though. He would have never fit the Stones though.
25th June 2004 06:43 AM
bez85 The only good thing Beck ever recorded in my opinion was "Truth". He can play but makes shitty records...
25th June 2004 01:14 PM
Hannalee Pearls before swine

I least I got to hear Where Were You live
25th June 2004 06:50 PM
Martha That's a smokin' hot shot Hannalee!

I can only imagine how you felt being there.

Oh yeah.....

:-)

I have this show....
Jeff Beck and B.B. King
At the Scene Pavilion
Cleveland, OH
8/20/03
25th June 2004 10:20 PM
Blind Dog McGhee Anyone see that live clip MTV played of him and SRV doing "Going Down?" SRV smoked him. Missed that tour. Anyone see those II on stage together? What did you think?
26th June 2004 05:11 PM
Maxlugar I thank God we have Jeff Beck in this world and that he's made 60.

A true genius. Tortured one at that.

His last four releases are showing the way.

MACKY!
26th June 2004 06:35 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

To what?
26th June 2004 07:27 PM
Maxlugar To better musical tomorrow's.

How's that?

MACKY!
26th June 2004 09:02 PM
gotdablouse Saw him in SF in 2001, fantastic guitar playing, he's in a class of his own!
26th June 2004 09:27 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
To better musical tomorrow's.

How's that?

MACKY!

That's real good.
29th June 2004 01:45 AM
beer Wow, Maxlugar posted and not many noticed? Maxlugar was a legendary poster and Rocks Off would be a better place if he showed up more often.
29th June 2004 02:55 AM
ResidentMule
quote:
bez85 wrote:
The only good thing Beck ever recorded in my opinion was "Truth". He can play but makes shitty records...

blow by blow?
29th June 2004 12:23 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I thank God we have Jeff Beck in this world and that he's made 60.

A true genius. Tortured one at that.

MACKY!

Macky ?!?!

MACKY ?!?!?!

Is that really you ?!?!?!

Where in the Hell have you been ?!?!?! ...........Man , one thing about you , you sure as Hell knew how to write a post and Man were you ALWAYS Minty Fresh .

Welcome home my Stonesian Brother .....................Er , I need to talk to you about a little something that goes by the name of : " New Material " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky , Established 1999 and providing quality posts like this and many others like it on a regular basis .

29th June 2004 08:37 PM
MarthaMyDear I love you... lol............

*** Martha ***
29th June 2004 10:17 PM
sammy davis jr.
On Jeff's last three records he's regressed IMO.....very stale techno beats- nothing new. I'm a melody guy though, so Blow By Blow and the like was the pinnacle of Beck to me. (Though Brush With The Blues just kills me every time)
I've yet to see him pull off Where Were You live without fucking up- or his amp blowing up.